- Series: Cambridge Studies in Philosophy
- Hardcover: 270 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 1 edition (December 10, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521880491
- ISBN-13: 978-0521880497
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.8 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,234,509 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Metaphysics of Everyday Life: An Essay in Practical Realism (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Review of the hardback: 'Baker's book is a valuable contribution to contemporary work in metaphysics. It will be widely discussed, and it will remain a key source of ideas, insights, and arguments for many years to come.' Stephen Schwartz, Ithaca College
Lynne Rudder Baker presents a unique account of the material world: the Constitution View. In contrast to leading metaphysical views that take everyday things to be either non-existent or reducible to micro-objects, the Constitution View construes familiar things as irreducible parts of reality.