Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$5.50+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 221 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 233 reviews
on December 28, 2012
This wiring harness is good for *most* Ford Focus models in the years listed, but not all. Specifically if you have one of the 2003-2004 models with the Blaupunkt stereo you will need the 17-1784 harness instead (one that is made primarily for VWs and Audis, but for some reason also for a couple specific Focus models). I have one of those Focus models and trusted the Amazon model checker which said this harness would work in my car when in fact it did not.

It would behoove you to pull out the stereo first just to check which harness you need before ordering one, especially if you have a 2003-2004 Ford Focus.

I can't really comment on the quality of this product as I was unable to use it.
66 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2016
Quality seemed ok,
but application was wrong.
Did not fit the 2003 Focus SE I bought them for.
Factory connectors on this vehicle were much smaller,
I guess that means it had the optional (better?) stereo originally.
Not sure since it's long gone by now.
Product seemed ok though,
not worth the few bucks I paid to send them back.
on January 7, 2013
Used to hookup aftermarket head unit to a 1997 Ford Ranger standard pickup with non-premium factory stereo. A perfect fit. Soldered the wires of this kit to the wires of the head unit pigtail with ease as the colors were the same, then pluged and played. Great product at a great price. Best Buy wanted four times as much for a kit.
on March 13, 2016
Bought this particular model for my 1996 Ford F-150 truck! Also ordered the wiring harness for my particular model truck. Wiring was a breeze and it fit my truck perfectly . I was unable to find the proper dash mount on Amazon but crutchfield had the exact model I was looking for! It was strange it was like Amazon had dash kits from early 80 model to 95 then models from 97 on but the particular dash kit I needed I couldn't find . With that said the radio sounds great in my old truck and it took about 30 minutes to do all the necessary wiring and installation! It was really that simple ! Great sounding little radio....
on October 29, 2015
Perfect fit to replace the stereo in my 1992 Fleetwood Motorhome (on a 1992 Ford E350 van chassis). I was concerned that there were two connectors - how will I figure out which one I need? - but it turns out there are two connectors in the Ford factory harness, also black and grey. So it was REALLY easy to figure out and the connectors clipped right in to the factory harness, perfect fit. This is the second time I've used a Metra harness and have been very pleased both times.
on March 15, 2017
Perfect fit for my 1997 F150. Made the install quick and easy. Also, allows for a simple return to the factory radio if required in the future.
on January 13, 2014
Even though I ordered the wrong one (needed the premium version), I was still able to use one of the connectors. The speaker connection harness on the premium stereo is different, and I should have looked at the OEM radio before I ordered. Still, despite my error, these are great harnesses, and I will continue to use them for all my stereo installations.

BTW, I already had the correct speaker connection in my "box-o-spares", because of a previous ordering mistake, so all I needed was the amplifier-by-pass harness, which is currently en-route for $4 (Prime)... 1/3 the price my local store is selling them for.

Before YOU order, make sure you are ordering the one you need... This kit is for the standard AM/FM/Cassette (or CD) WITHOUT AMPLIFIER. If your car has an amplifier (as most Ford's made since 1989 do), then you will need the Premium Sound Harness kit.
on August 20, 2014
Designed to plug into the factory harness and allow a non-stock radio to be installed without the need to cut into the factory wiring. Simple two connector kit with the speaker wires marked for their location (a real time saver) and a reference chart on the packaging providing information on what each wire does (power, ground, power antenna, radio memory, etc.). As well as the proper slots to only allow them to be plugged into their respective plugs the right way. If you want to replace your Ford/Lincoln/Mercury radio with an aftermarket radio, this will make the job a whole lot easier AND allow you to reinstall the factory radio if you ever need to! Plus, being a Metra product it's well constructed and sold at a price that makes buying off brand versions unnecessary.
on February 16, 2015
I don't remember where I read it but make sure you research this for a proper fit. I used it in a 1990 F250 and it fits perfectly. This made my stereo install super easy. Would not hesitate to order one again.
on March 31, 2017
Does what it's supposed to. Wiring is standard colors, so it's an easy hook-up to the head unit wiring harness. Plug-and-play on the Ford side.