Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Metra 40-GM10 GM Antenna Adapter
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Size: barbed|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on June 25, 2014
screw all the other part numbers; this is the one that worked... it took me three years to finally get my radio hooked up just because of this one plug, thank god for the aux cord
VINE VOICEon March 15, 2014
I got this for my 2002 Chevy Silverado and I thought I wouldn't need this but I did. The stock plug isn't the right size for many of the newer radios so this adapter makes the antenna work. It is long but it was easy to push back in the dash and it works great.
on February 14, 2016
This is a good quality sturdy adapter. Its tough so you wont have to worry about any problems in the future. The adapter works great and I have not seen any problems with it. I recommend this adapter for anyone needing an antenna adapter from their head-unit.
on March 3, 2012
So here's what happened. I bought an aftermarket stereo and installed it in my 1994 Chevy Suburban. I bought the dash panel replacement part (from Amazon of course), and the radio delete cup thingy (also from Amazon and also of course) and thought that I was set. Well, when I installed the new stereo, I'll be doggone if I couldn't find the stock male antenna plug. Upon surfing the Weird Wide Web, I found out that GM split up the stereo system in their mid 90's trucks into not two like I originally thought, but THREE different pieces/parts. The tape deck/equalizer in the middle of the dash, the radio above the climate controls and way up under the dash just above the gas pedal is the last piece, the receiver. That is where the stock antenna cable plugs into the whole sound system. You'll have to remove the ashtray from the dash (4 little bolts) to get to it, unplug that, snap on the adapter and plug the whole shebang into your new radio and before you know it... you can hear radio broadcasts from NPR, or smooth jazz hits from the 40's. Cycle through the dial and see what there is to listen to. You may even be able to find someone blathering on about politics or the economy or even church. I do have to comment on the sale price versus the shipping costs. I can't put actual numbers on here, but look closely and you'll see what I mean. Either way, it's worth the money. Best Buy didn't know what I was talking about when I tried to find it there (thanks for the blank stares Ashley), Wallmarks had some octopus looking thingy that would have worked but cost 800% more than I spent on this (see my comment above about selling price versus shipping cost).
on February 24, 2016
We just bought a new truck and the radio was really bad and all of the speakers were busted. Long story short we needed a new radio. My husband bought this antenna and installed the whole kit including speakers and the head unit and all of the inside parts in under 5 hours which is really great. This antenna came super fast, It was in great condition and plugged right into my 04 Chevy Tahoe. I have had no problems with this product and the connections seem very good. I would purchase again and I would recommend this to other people.
on June 5, 2014
I gave this a 5 star review because it was very easy to use. I brought a aftermarket radio for my Tahoe and they didn't tell me I needed an antenna adapter. once I figured it out I had a very hard time finding it locally. I found it online ordered it and was very happy with the installation once I got it in. would recommend to anyone who needs one.
on April 25, 2016
Looks to be the right part - fitting for a Motorola style (aftermarket) antenna plug and an OEM European radio - and looks to be brand new, but oddly did not come in the original plastic packaging. Not a problem for the hobbyist or DIYer, but if you're looking to resell this item ... that might be a problem for some picky buyers. Hence, 4 stars instead of 5.
on August 22, 2016
If you have a GM vehicle and are upgrading your head unit you will need this. GM decided they wanted their plugs to be smaller for some odd reason. Product works great no signal loss at all. Love the right angle on it makes for an easier install and fitment.
on June 30, 2016
I purchased this item to convert 04 Jetta original mfg antenna plug to after market antenna plug, after got the job done, all I got static on my radio, my finger even do better job than this convertion, i'm not recommended this to any one, get a better convertion item
on October 31, 2015
Purchased for my boyfriend for his 2003 Chevy silverado. Worked for exactly what he needed it to, but with all of the wires for the steering wheel controls it's became a mess and we ended up taking it in to best buy to have someone do it. But that was by no means a problems due to the product, he had just never worked with steering wheel controls before