|Item Weight||3.14 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||11.06 x 5.24 x 2.2 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
Other Sellers on Amazon
32pcs Tap and Die Set Metric Hardened Steel Combination Garage Tool Kit with Box
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|Join Prime to save $3.10 on this item|
Save an extra 5% when you apply this coupon.
5% extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- METRIC TAP & DIE SET - These 32 TIRDITY metric tap and die set includes (21) taps and (7) dies, help cut and clean internal and external threads in common conventional sizes from M3 to M12. The set also includes (1) long-handled tap wrench, (1) adjustable die stock wrench, (1) 1/8" flathead screwdriver, and (1) thread pitch gauge to cover all your needs.
- HARDENED STEEL - The tap and die set sae and metric is constructed with Industrial grade GCr15 bearing hardened steel and heat treated to Rockwell hardness 55 HRC for durable threading performance accompanied with satisfying longevity. The metric tap set is used to process internal thread, while the metric die set is for external thread.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN - Our SAE tap and die set is engineered to tight tolerances to meet amateur to professional needs; the tap ends are 1/5 to 2/5 inch long to allow easier assembly with the provided wrenches.
- WIDE APPLICATION - This metric tap die set works perfectly to rethread fasteners, fastener holes for auto and machinery. Tap set metric and sae also used to repair, correct or create internal and external threading through materials like wood, copper, aluminum, cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel and more!
- PORTABLE STEEL CASE - You will get 32 Pcs metric taps and dies set, all originate in a stainless steel case with size-mark slots that helps store and organize the tools and parts, providing easy portability, fast finding and avoid missing parts. The tap and die set metric and sae will be the cost-effective home-use or professional kit, makes your job easier. You will love this TIRDITY metric and standard tap and die set.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Best Choice 40-Piece Tap and Die Set - Metric Sizes | Essential Threading Tool with Storage Case
TEKTON 7559 Tap and Die Set, Metric, 39-Piece
Best Choice 40-Piece Tap and Die Set - SAE Inch Sizes | Essential Threading Tool with Storage Case
Azuno 17-pcs Metric Tap and Die Set, with Drill Bit and Wrenches, Durable Bearing Steel for DIY Threading, Cutting
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Sold By||TIRDITY||Efficere Tools||Amazon.com||Efficere Tools||AZUNO TOOLS|
The threading tap and die set tool is perfect for the master mechanic or machine shop that has a wide variety of threading need. 32pcs Tapping drill bit set provides you with necessary size that works for your threading project, with accuracy and professional craftsmanship to help you get the job done promptly. This taps and dies set comes with the most commonly used model, perfect for most hand threading applications. Known as its ability, the pipe taps dies set easily start either cutting new material or chasing lightly damaged threads.
This thread tool can help you work on damaged nuts, bolts and threads. When a replacement bolt is hard to find, you can use this tap set metric and sae to remove imperfection from threads. Get ready to take on any job with both inch and metric sizes.
- Name: Tap and Die Set Metric and Sae
- Material: Industrial grade GCr15 bearing hardened steel
32pcs Metric Tap and Die Set:
- 1. Metric tap die set made from Industrial grade GCr15 bearing hardened steel.
- 2. Perfect to create new threads or repair damaged threads on most metals like carbon steel, cast iron, aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel.
- 3. Tap and die set metric tapers coarse and fine taps and dies, start easily and prevent overthreading.
- 4. Ideal for rethreading fasteners and fastener holes for auto and machinery repair.
- 5. Tap and die set metric perfectly sets for the professional craftsman, designed for thread cutting and used to process internal/external thread.
- 28pcs Taps and Dies (each size including 1 x taper tap, 1 x second tap, 1 x plug tap and 1 x die): M3 X 0.5, M4 X 0.7, M5 X 0.8, M6 X 1.0, M8 X 1.25, M10 X 1.5, M12 X 1.75
- 1 x Tap Wrench
- 1 x Die Stock Wrench
- 1 x Thread Pitch Guage
- 1 x Screwdriver
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE* It is now December 17th, 2020, and this set is still in just as good of condition as it was when I first got it and wrote this review, with one exception. This way my own fault, but the thread pitch gauge started getting a little loose, so I tried to squeeze it a little bit tighter but went too far. So then they wouldnt come out at all. I finally got them to come out but they come out a little stiff, but that's ok and like I said, was my own fault lol. The majority of the time I've used this set, I only used the taps and never really the dies. This is because most of the time if a bolt was messed up, I could replace it with my collection of different size and threaded bolts. Well the other day, I ended up having to use one of the dies, because I was using my vise to try and press something out when I heard a snap. My vise wasnt working right so I took it apart and found that I had ripped out the bolt that anchors the threaded rod inside of the vise. I think it was loose before it was ripped because it only boogered up the last or first few threads. I checked and it was a metric bolt, which I do not have a collection of. So I was a bit nervous that I wasnt gonna be able to fix it. I honestly fell in love with this set all over again lol. First because the die holder/wrench isnt like most of them where one little screw is expected to hold the die in tightly. This one has 5 set screws and the dies have 2 dimples with a cut line in between them. I lined them up with the 3 set screws next to each other, tightened them all down and got to work. It only took me maybe 2 mins and not only was I able to restore the threads on the bolt(because my vise was broke, I had to use a wrench to hold the head of the bolt and had the die wrench in my other hand), but I was also able to chase the threads in the block where the bolt attaches to, to make sure those werent boogered up as well. That 2 mins of time saved me from having to drive 15 mins to town and trying to find a new bolt to fix my vise.
Sorry for the long edit, but this truly is a nice set for the homeowner, especially at this price. I once again was searching for the SAE version of this one from this company, but sadly, I don't think it exists
I recommend purchasing cutting oil, or at least using some kind of grease when using this tool. Never having used a Tap & Die set before, I made many of the common mistakes. I did not get instructions with this set. Once I figured out how to use the tool, it worked fine, but I still made a few mistakes.
The bits are hard enough to cut into aluminum with relative ease. I was able to sink about 3-cm into the material to set my screws. I was also able to use the same bit on 8-different holes, without loosing the shape of the bit. My greatest complaint is that the handle doesn't stay on and tends to loosen as the tool is used.