Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Metroid: Other M forum

Most Metroid fans are idiots. They are not gamers. This game ROCKS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2011, 1:14:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 1, 2011, 1:12:32 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2011, 6:16:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 25, 2011, 5:24:44 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 25, 2011, 10:40:59 AM PDT
How can you judge people for having a different opinion than you? Has anyone ever insulted you for liking Other M? I'm pretty sure nobody has, so you calling people like m an idiot is inexcusable, and you are blind if you don't think that this game is a flawed experience.

I hate Other M with a white hot blistering passion. That game is a horrid and mutilated abortion that should've been shot before it permanently damaged this beloved franchise. Not only is the story horrible due to Samus' inexcusable characterization (she wasn't human, she was a submissive emo weakling!!) but the gameplay is one of the most flawed experiences that any developer has ever dished out. The reason some people like the game is because they miraculously ignore all of the following factors. Platforming with a d pad in 3D space is way' too frustrating sometimes, auto aiming and sense move take away the' challenge of the game, enemies no longer drop pick ups so killing non bosses is absolutely pointless, all you do is concentrate yourself back to partial health and full missiles, in' first person view, you can only turn by holding the b button, but that's also the lock on mechanism so if something is in the way of your initial target you're screwed, those behind the shoulder view segments pointlessly slow Down the pacing of the game, the parts when you are forced' to find a clue in first person are the most retarded concepts I've ever heard of. It takes twenty minutes to find the badge'' on the zebesian pirate and the green blood on the green grass behind you (>_<) exploration feels incredibly dumbed down compared to past titles, the game feels way too linear to be a metroid game, the art style, soundtrack, and atmosphere are nowhere near as engaging as they were in past titles, and last but certainly not least, they turned Samus Aran, one of the most beloved icons in gaming history, into a space-faring Bella Swan who was so submissive to Adam that she didn't turn on her varia suit even though she was dying of heat and it was already at her disposal like almost all of her equipment because she "respects" him so much.....I also' hate the fact that she calls herself a Fledgeling girl' and she uses such tween terms like Confession Time. I hate that she is so maternally obsessed with a creature that she clearly didn't care much for initially, I mean she gave the metroid away to' science! She doesn't even make 1 mention of the Chozo, the race who raised and cared for her, or her parents who died protecting her, yet shes constantly mentioning "the baby" and her daddy issues with Adam Malkovich, who also turned out to be a disappointingly stupid character...What the hell?!! I could understand if she was touched by its sacrifice, but the way Samus keeps going on and on about it is enough to give you bloody ears. I find all of this to be sickeningly sexist. They turned Samus into one of the most idiotic characters I've ever come across and that's absolutely unforgivable. I mean it's not like I wanted Samus to be unemotional or anything. I wouldn't mind at all to have seen her cry, but this game just made me want for her to shut up and stop stating such horrid dialogue filled with obvious explanations of things that didn't need explanation for the sake of storytelling....Samus Aran used to be the Ellen Ripley of gaming. A tragic, but strong independent and humble heroine (go read the dialogue in previous games and the manga as well, you'll see that this was her established personality). Not to mention that she's also one of the least sexualized female characters in video games. Now she's a space faring Bella Swan, and I'm honestly as disappointed as Star Wars fans were with George Lucas after Phantom Menace came out (personally I love all of the star wars films). If the next game doesn't remove Other M from the series chronology then Yoshio Sakamoto team ninja and Nintendo have successfully ruined a flagship powerhouse under the Nintendo banner....It truly is a sad time for fans of the series like myself. This used to be my favorite franchise, but now I dont find Samus engaging at all and that takes away some of the enjoyment out of games such as Metroid Prime and Super Metroid, which in my opinion are some of the best games ever made and the fact that Pther M could ruin them in such a manner is truly tragic...seriously people, anyone who didn't like Other M should call Nintendo and give them their feedback and just maybe this will be solved, but I doubt it... For now, RIP metroid...looks like I WON'T be seeing you next mission..........;(

You can like the game, but stop being a jerk..... Just saying..

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011, 12:28:51 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011, 6:35:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 25, 2011, 6:47:36 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 25, 2011, 7:20:17 PM PDT
There's no such thing as a right opinion you idiot. People have different views than you. And it's not obsession it's merely disappointment. When Star Wars fans ended up watching Episode 1, many of them were pretty devastated weren't they? It's the same principle. When a cherished entertenmaint medium disappoints you, it becomes that much more impactful. And I'm pretty sure you've never played the game because you are required to go into first person in order to progress in many points. I'm also pretty sure you didn't read my comment because I had already addressed that shaking the Wii remote to avoid danger (the sense move technique) destroys any semblance of challenge in the game. You suck at trolling. DEAL WITH IT :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2011, 12:52:46 PM PDT
Rob says:
Frank, it is you who are the fool.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2011, 3:45:01 PM PDT
Dying of heat because you don't turn on your varia suit just cause daddy hasn't said you can yet isn't honorable, it's disgusting, sexist, pathetic, and stupid. Why do you think that even gamers who like this title see this as a fatal flaw in Samus' characterization (along with everything else I stated) or they try to deny it as being a story element, that it was only there for gameplay reasons, but there was clearly dialogue that validated that sequence as plot progression. And this is just one of the many horrid situations that have officially ruined this franchise. Remember, everything I've said isn't fact, it's opinion, and one that I have a right to express like anyone who liked or hated this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011, 3:30:51 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 28, 2011, 3:49:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 2, 2012, 4:37:18 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011, 5:57:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2011, 6:11:58 PM PDT
Again, you are entitled to an opinion, but you have no right to think that it's a universally right way of thinking. It may be right for you, but I honestly don't like this game because of the issues I stated above. I'm not following a social norm, I don't think I'm being some philosophically deep critic for the sake of arguing (a description that you may very much likely fit), I just didn't like the experience. Why do I have to be an idiot for thinking in such a manner? And for the record, I don't agree with those Star Wars fans because I love the entire franchise, including the looked down upon sequels. And once again, I doubt that you read my entire comment, because if you did, you'd see that there are works that show Samus having a set characterization that is canonical with the series. Read the Metroid manga and read the bits of dialogue that she speaks in the games that came before Other M. Then you'll understand why people were disappointed with this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011, 6:08:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2011, 6:10:26 PM PDT
Ok, once again, we have what seems to be a person who is ignorant enough to not comprehend that some people simply did not like this game. I doubt that you read my commenst, because if you did, you'd see the many valid issues that I had with this title, and exactly why I'm disappointed in Samus' characterization. It's because there are works that show Samus having a set characterization that is canonical with the series. Read the Metroid manga and read the bits of dialogue that she speaks in the games that came before Other M. Other M took the character in a completely different track, many such as myself believe it to be for the worst because it just wasn't like her to act in the manner she did in Other M based on what Metroid fans know about her from the manga and the bits of dialogue she speaks throughout the game. Nobody ever said that you or anyone else who liked this game can't like this game (except for stupid fanboys), so what gives you the gumption that you can do the same to what could be a mostly innocent fanbase? I actually wish I liked this game like you, but I simply don't, and you have no right to criticize people that believe what I believe about this game. I played it, finished it, and hated it. End of story. It's like people who prefer one console over the other. The whole thing is based on preference.

Posted on Apr 28, 2011, 6:33:43 PM PDT
koolaid man says:
@ OP:
The game tanked out the door and received multiple legit criticisms. What Makes you think that you know whats good for the Metroid franchise when you even admitted yourself that you didn't care for the series until Metroid Prime 3 (Which btw, to metroid fans, was a less than desired change compared to the prime 1 and 2 -overal strict linear gameplay is bad for metroid.)

So who's right? I think it's pretty obvious who is relevant in how to judge the series, veterans of the past games. k thnx

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011, 6:49:50 PM PDT
Thank you! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011, 7:27:27 PM PDT
And the previous Metroid titles were amazing gaming experiences IMO. They immersed you into exploring an alien world with an inescapable atmosphere full of dangerous beasts and evil creatures, and combined with an amazing soundtrack, and some truly solid gameplay in the form of finding items that empower you whilst progressing in a nonlinear universe filled with subtle but incredibly effective storytelling devices, these games were obviously amazing. You wanted to explore every nook and cranny to see what you will find, and everytime you will be surprised at what you find and how you find it. It's one of those games that gives you a good sense of intellectual accomplishment. I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so either. In fact, Super Metroid and the first Metroid Prime are considered to be some of the best games in interactive entertainment history, with Super Metroid going so far as to being named the best game ever by EGM, and with Metroid Prime being the 6th most critically acclaimed game ever made so far. So, you're obviously a minority in your opinion, and yet again, you judge people who think differently than you. I just can't believe how consistently ignorant you have been here. It's actually quite entertaining. Just give up son, admit that you're wrong for judging others that have a validly different opinion than you. If not, keep them coming, because I can't wait to hear what other crap you have stored in your mouth. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011, 8:55:10 PM PDT
thewindwaker says:
Frank, I won't comment on Metroid, but I will say you come off as very intolerant of differing opinions. I obviously don't know if that's actually true about you, but your posts don't exactly help sway anyone's opinion to your side.

And about your comment stating that video games are "pac-man stuff," that is atrociously ignorant. There are games out there are truly moving and emotional works of art, and can tell a story just as well as any movie or book. Surely you must have encountered at least one game that has been more than "just pac-man stuff" if you have played games for any decent amount of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011, 9:04:10 PM PDT
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
BioShock 1 & 2
Half-Life 1 & 2 (along with its episodes)
Okami

All of these games are perfect examples of games functioning as art through new forms of storytelling, gameplay integration, etc.

Posted on Apr 29, 2011, 2:40:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 1, 2011, 1:12:33 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 29, 2011, 6:49:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 29, 2011, 6:59:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2011, 7:00:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 2, 2011, 7:44:05 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 29, 2011, 6:03:10 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2011, 11:09:57 PM PDT
Good riddance you misinformed jerk...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2011, 1:52:57 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2011, 5:02:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 1, 2011, 6:42:58 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011, 7:40:11 AM PDT
Of all the people I've ever met on the web, I seriously thunk that you are Glenn Beck. No, I'm not a liberal, but that guy is a moron.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metroid: Other M forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2011
Latest post:  May 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Metroid: Other M
Metroid: Other M by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.1 out of 5 stars (468)