Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 346 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 374 reviews
on February 24, 2011
The #1 function we needed from this bottle stopper was that if we laid the bottle horizontally in our new fridge that it WOULD NOT LEAK.

After four weeks and, 4-6 different bottles, I'm happy to report that we're 100% mission accomplished.

Add to that the inexpensive price point, the ease of use (just push in quick, or pull out quick) and near instant delivery from Amazon, it's a five star purchase. Enjoy.
33 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2017
For years (10+?) I've been using a pump type wine bottle stopper--yeah, you pump it but we all know it's valved to work as a vacuum pump--to seal up our usually half-empty wine bottles. Honestly, it all works very well, i.e., the plugs seal the bottle sufficiently quickly and easily and the stopper stays in, but, I've come to question if the effort/time to pump is properly rewarded... I mean, would not a "good cork/plug/stopper" sans pump work just as well? So, I went on a quest for a real "simple wine cork/plug/stopper" that worked. Viola, now I've found one!

Now, with the Metrokane Rabbit Wine Bottle stopper I just gently press in the stopper until it stops and I'm done. No pumping. Easy-peazy. And, the stopper stays in. I've not been able to knock these stoppers off/out intentionally or accidentally. Holding the bottle upside down for an extended time shows no leaks and pulling the stopper out requires a satisfyingly resistant pull. With a kindly but purposeful "yank," out the stopper comes. And, the design of these handy little stoppers makes it impossible to force the stopper in so far that it cannot be easily removed.

Simple is good. Simple that works effectively is very, very cool. My set of Metrokane Rabbit Wine Bottle stoppers are simple... and are very, very cool. I even think the colors of these nifty little wine bottle stoppers help to confirm I am indeed a very knowledgeable wine snob. <smile>

Yea, Metrokane Rabbit Wine Bottle stoppers! I luv 'em.
on December 30, 2011
What sets this product apart from others is that it comes in the Really Bright Colors. I will re-iterate what the other reviewers have said about the function--they work perfectly for stopping up the wine bottles even to the point where you can lay the bottles on their sides and the seal remains intact.

However, what good is a wine bottle stopper if you can't find it? My kitchen drawers are pretty well organized (thanks to my husband) but something small and mobile like this is easy to lose track of. Much harder to lose track when the colors are so bright. Very nice touch.

It does sound like the colors shipped are random...be aware of that (I really don't mind any color as long as it's bright--clashes with everything!).

Also, I do like to point out this product is being sold by an Amazon partner vendor, not Amazon itself. Be aware that when products are listed sometimes the vendors change--and that means the price and the shipping policies may as well. I happened to have gotten these for a very small price which made them a great value. This may not have been true in the past, or may not be in the future. Also, the vendor was one that basically keeps it's stock in Amazon's warehouse so I got Prime shipping. Another vendor may not do this so there could be shipping charges involved. Just be sure to look at the listing carefully when making a decision.

I happened to find this product perfect for my needs--inexpensive, free shipping, does the job perfectly, AND I can find them easily. Highly recommended!

JTG
on April 2, 2017
These stoppers have a tendency to pop back out of the bottle, which is incredibly frustrating, especially if it happens in the refrigerator and we aren't aware. We tried pushing it in with varying amounts of force, and it just didn't seem to make a difference. It didn't happen every time, but it happened enough that we chucked them.
on November 6, 2016
My former roommate had wine stopper like this and they worked great. Usually, I use a wine stopper with an air pump, but I moved and forgot to pack it. This is a great alternative option. And here, you get 2 for a very cheap price. For the colors (chosen randomly by the seller), I got blue and pink.

Very pleased with this purchase. The wine stays good for a few days. Unlike other reviewers, I haven't tried lying the bottle down to see if it would not leak (skeptical about it). However, although I haven't tried it, I would not use this for sparkling wine. I'm a big fan of cava and I've used a special kind of stopper for years. It can be a little expensive but definitely worth it.
on January 14, 2016
Love these simple little helpers. I actually them for beer, when I open a bomber of a 10%+ stout and want to save some for the next night, I still get a nice "pop!" and carbonation 24 hours later. A simple and inexpensive solution to not wanting to overconsume on a work night!
on April 30, 2017
Best wine stoppers ever. This is not my first purchase. The biggest problem is I lose them, they don't wear out. We can open a bottle of wine and then lay it down in the refrigerator sideways and not worry about any leaks 100% of the time!
on April 12, 2017
Best wine corks I've found. They hold a great deal! Great deal too!! Will buy more.
on December 13, 2016
Ever have a stopper that you couldn't get out? You know you want to throw against the wall but your wine would spill? Not anymore! I threw mine out! These are a great way to keep it fresh and better yet spillproof. But the best part you can bend it slightly and wa la it's out no problems! I'm more than satisfied with these stoppers and the bright colors make them easygoing find and grab!
on March 6, 2017
Good price and they do a great job.