Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 354 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 382 reviews
on February 24, 2011
The #1 function we needed from this bottle stopper was that if we laid the bottle horizontally in our new fridge that it WOULD NOT LEAK.

After four weeks and, 4-6 different bottles, I'm happy to report that we're 100% mission accomplished.

Add to that the inexpensive price point, the ease of use (just push in quick, or pull out quick) and near instant delivery from Amazon, it's a five star purchase. Enjoy.
33 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2017
For years (10+?) I've been using a pump type wine bottle stopper--yeah, you pump it but we all know it's valved to work as a vacuum pump--to seal up our usually half-empty wine bottles. Honestly, it all works very well, i.e., the plugs seal the bottle sufficiently quickly and easily and the stopper stays in, but, I've come to question if the effort/time to pump is properly rewarded... I mean, would not a "good cork/plug/stopper" sans pump work just as well? So, I went on a quest for a real "simple wine cork/plug/stopper" that worked. Viola, now I've found one!

Now, with the Metrokane Rabbit Wine Bottle stopper I just gently press in the stopper until it stops and I'm done. No pumping. Easy-peazy. And, the stopper stays in. I've not been able to knock these stoppers off/out intentionally or accidentally. Holding the bottle upside down for an extended time shows no leaks and pulling the stopper out requires a satisfyingly resistant pull. With a kindly but purposeful "yank," out the stopper comes. And, the design of these handy little stoppers makes it impossible to force the stopper in so far that it cannot be easily removed.

Simple is good. Simple that works effectively is very, very cool. My set of Metrokane Rabbit Wine Bottle stoppers are simple... and are very, very cool. I even think the colors of these nifty little wine bottle stoppers help to confirm I am indeed a very knowledgeable wine snob. <smile>

Yea, Metrokane Rabbit Wine Bottle stoppers! I luv 'em.
on January 14, 2016
Love these simple little helpers. I actually them for beer, when I open a bomber of a 10%+ stout and want to save some for the next night, I still get a nice "pop!" and carbonation 24 hours later. A simple and inexpensive solution to not wanting to overconsume on a work night!
on November 6, 2016
My former roommate had wine stopper like this and they worked great. Usually, I use a wine stopper with an air pump, but I moved and forgot to pack it. This is a great alternative option. And here, you get 2 for a very cheap price. For the colors (chosen randomly by the seller), I got blue and pink.

Very pleased with this purchase. The wine stays good for a few days. Unlike other reviewers, I haven't tried lying the bottle down to see if it would not leak (skeptical about it). However, although I haven't tried it, I would not use this for sparkling wine. I'm a big fan of cava and I've used a special kind of stopper for years. It can be a little expensive but definitely worth it.
on April 2, 2017
These stoppers have a tendency to pop back out of the bottle, which is incredibly frustrating, especially if it happens in the refrigerator and we aren't aware. We tried pushing it in with varying amounts of force, and it just didn't seem to make a difference. It didn't happen every time, but it happened enough that we chucked them.
on June 21, 2013
I actually bought these stoppers to take my total over $25.00 so I could get free shipping on something else I wanted. I received a yellow and Carolina blue stopper. I used the yellow stopper to plug the drain hole in my boat's ski locker. Sometimes bilge water would slosh forward into the ski locker through the drain hole leaving an oily film on the carpet and skis. This stopper fits it just right. I don't drink a lot of wine because my wife doesn't drink and I hate drinking a whole bottle of wine alone therefore as of right now I haven't used it to cork a bottle. The stoppers are well made and I know the blue one will work just fine in a wine bottle (it's intended use).
on December 11, 2016
These wine bottle stoppers are the best that I have ever purchased! They keep the wine from leaking out when it is laying on it's side in the wine rack and that is why I bought them. They also look nicer in my kitchen than the wine corks that come in the wine bottles!
on February 20, 2013
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but half the time I open a bottle of wine the cork breaks apart and is useless. These are good reusable bottle stoppers that fit snugly in ever bottle I've tried them in. I did have the little metal cap come off one of the stoppers after I carelessly left it sitting on top of the toaster oven, but a little super glue fixed that right back up - since it isn't important to the function of the stopper at all I don't think it's worth deducting points for, but since this isn't some kind of miracle stopper that will make your wine last way longer I'm only giving it four stars.
on June 26, 2016
I bought this product more than five to seven years ago and I recently have just had to think about replacing them. I love them they work great as a wine cork. They keep the wine fresh and you don't have to worry about any leaks in your refrigerator. I I would purchase this product again.
These fit pretty much any bottle perfectly. They are so soft (silicone?) and conform to the bottle. The wine seems to stay more fresh than when we used a glass stopper. We had an opened bottle in the fridge with one of these stoppers for 2 weeks.. we had actually forgot it was in there. I was sure it would be stale or at least taste a little funky, but it tasted fine.

I received the teal and purple set which was great for me - I love purple anything, pretty much. I would definitely purchase again and recommend them. Such a useful product at a small price.