Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 18, 2017
The information about this product from Amazon is terribly inaccurate. See image attached from the Amazon website, which shows that these stoppers are silicone. However, as the packaging shows (see photo attached), they are made of a synthetic rubber (styrene-butadiene rubber, SBR), a material that may be toxic. (I would add links to research, but Amazon does not allow outside links in reviews. Search for "styrene-butadiene rubber toxicity" to find the information.) Big fail for both Amazon and Rabbit, and a real waste of my time. Beware. I'll be returning these NOW!!!!! And I will no longer trust Amazon descriptions or Rabbit products.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2018
I have given these 3 chances to work. They haven’t. After about 2-3 hours, these have flown out of the bottle. I have pushed them into the bottle as much as they will go, and still happens. I’m very confused by these. This has happened with 2 different wine bottles. Amazon has told me to keep the item and has refunded me the money. It’s unfortunate because these are super cute.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 17, 2018
These are not quite what I expected. I wanted some stoppers for oil and vinegar bottles, and thought I would be getting the ones that stay in the bottle and are pour-through. These are solid rubber and must be removed to pour.

Nonetheless, these do the job nicely. They fit tightly and prevent spills. The different colors make it easy to see what type of oil is in what bottle, which can be difficult when using dark glass bottles. The four that I received are exactly the same colors as pictured, although I understand your mileage may vary on that point.

These are a little pricey for what are essentially rubber corks. The hardware store near me could have sold me four rubber corks for under a dollar. However, their flexibility in fitting a wide variety of bottlenecks and color coding make it a worthwhile purchase to me.
on May 10, 2017
These stoppers are phenomenal. They do the job and do it well. I used to reuse the corks which either expanded or became misshapen once the bottle was opened. It was not visually appealing, and more importantly, I was afraid of corking the wine and leaving bits and pieces of it in the bottle (a terrible wine-drinking experience if that happens). Not anymore! These are designed for easy insertion and removal, yet maintain the freshness of a newly opened bottle. No spillage or leaking if the bottle is tipped, the ribbed edges keep air out and liquid in. They're cute and brightly colored. And for the price, you can't beat them. Buy this!
on April 8, 2017
These work very well as wine stoppers. We have even turned bottles on their sides in the refrigerator and the stopper stayed in. However, they are not tight enough for sparkling wine - unless they are on a shelf that is close enough to the shelf above to hold it in place - the stopper will probably slip out. That is especially true if you lay the sparkling wine bottle on its side. That said, you can use these in normal wine bottles with high confidence.
on October 21, 2015
these have been the perfect wine stoppers. i have used these for a while now and i have nothing but good things to say. they have kept my SPARKLING wine very fresh and for a very long time. the stopper reseals the pressure perfectly. and of course, other wines are kept fresh too. i was a bit iffy when i first bought them cuz of the colors and i didnt know much about what i needed. BUT, they are cheap and totally worth every penny. they work for their purpose, plain and simple. cant beat the value.or the utility.
on February 24, 2015
We lay our bottles sideways in the refrigerator and use these for all opened bottles. They work perfectly with the reds and some whites but we have twice had Riesling (a sweet but not bubbly wine) blow the tops off and what a mess! The first time, a partial glass had been poured before storage so we resolved to never store Riesling without removing a full glass. We have just finished cleaning up the second mess from a bottle with a full glass removed.

On a side note, we have searched for 2-4 bottle refrigerator wine holders which will hold the bottle at a slight angle to reduce spillage if the cork does blow out. There are none to be found.
on March 28, 2014
I received these wine stoppers as a gift a while back and I liked them so much that I went and bought this product for my mom for Christmas. You can literally put these stoppers in and tip the bottle upside down and it won't spill. I'd be careful and I wouldn't recommend tipping your bottles upside down all the time, but I tried it and there were no spills. It's also good for once you've gotten through about half a bottle and the clumsiness starts kicking in. I also love that these stoppers are dishwasher safe and no matter how long they're been sitting in a bottle, they come totally clean in the dishwasher and don't retain any smell from the previous bottles. I also like that they don't stick up above the bottle too much so if your fridge is tight on space, these stoppers don't take up much room in addition to your wine bottle, which is a consistent problem with my fridge.
on December 30, 2011
I was first gifted a couple of Metrodane silicone wine stoppers from a friend and found them to be a really great product. They stay secure in the bottle even if the bottle is on its side. The unused portion of the beverage stays fresh and the stopper is easy to clean. I have turned around and gifted multiple sets to friends and we all agree on the quality of this product. GREAT!
0Comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 18, 2016
I really enjoy using these stoppers. They're easy to clean, and keep wine bottle relatively sealed. I like that they're dishwasher safe, too. I am taking off one star because unfortunately, they are not air tight. While they're okay to stop a bottle for a day or two, I wouldn't suggest expecting your product to last any longer than that. Also, I would not recommend with using on carbonated items as they pressure will make them pop out.