Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 18, 2017
The information about this product from Amazon is terribly inaccurate. See image attached from the Amazon website, which shows that these stoppers are silicone. However, as the packaging shows (see photo attached), they are made of a synthetic rubber (styrene-butadiene rubber, SBR), a material that may be toxic. (I would add links to research, but Amazon does not allow outside links in reviews. Search for "styrene-butadiene rubber toxicity" to find the information.) Big fail for both Amazon and Rabbit, and a real waste of my time. Beware. I'll be returning these NOW!!!!! And I will no longer trust Amazon descriptions or Rabbit products.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2015
We lay our bottles sideways in the refrigerator and use these for all opened bottles. They work perfectly with the reds and some whites but we have twice had Riesling (a sweet but not bubbly wine) blow the tops off and what a mess! The first time, a partial glass had been poured before storage so we resolved to never store Riesling without removing a full glass. We have just finished cleaning up the second mess from a bottle with a full glass removed.

On a side note, we have searched for 2-4 bottle refrigerator wine holders which will hold the bottle at a slight angle to reduce spillage if the cork does blow out. There are none to be found.
on December 30, 2011
I was first gifted a couple of Metrodane silicone wine stoppers from a friend and found them to be a really great product. They stay secure in the bottle even if the bottle is on its side. The unused portion of the beverage stays fresh and the stopper is easy to clean. I have turned around and gifted multiple sets to friends and we all agree on the quality of this product. GREAT!
0Comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2018
I have given these 3 chances to work. They haven’t. After about 2-3 hours, these have flown out of the bottle. I have pushed them into the bottle as much as they will go, and still happens. I’m very confused by these. This has happened with 2 different wine bottles. Amazon has told me to keep the item and has refunded me the money. It’s unfortunate because these are super cute.
on November 24, 2017
I’ve had many of these over the years and they are good travel sized wine corks. 3 Stars because this batch the metal top popped off a couple and I had to glue them back on.
on January 27, 2018
work wonderfully, fits the two bottles of wine i've used them on. easy to use and clean. highly recommend for wine. do not recommend using them as they look like they could be used.
on December 18, 2016
Don't buy, they pop out of the bottle! This has happened to us twice. The first time, the bottle was being stored sideways, and in the middle of the night, the stopper shot out (found it on the other side of the kitchen several feet away) and nearly the entire bottle of wine drained onto the counter and floor. After that, incident, we were sure to store the bottles upright. However, one day I found the stopper on the floor and the wine bottle had been sitting open for I don't know how long. These are going in the trash!
on April 8, 2017
These work very well as wine stoppers. We have even turned bottles on their sides in the refrigerator and the stopper stayed in. However, they are not tight enough for sparkling wine - unless they are on a shelf that is close enough to the shelf above to hold it in place - the stopper will probably slip out. That is especially true if you lay the sparkling wine bottle on its side. That said, you can use these in normal wine bottles with high confidence.
Top Contributor: Makeupon August 28, 2016
These have worked great for us! They're easy enough to get into the wine bottle, and more importantly - pretty easy to get out - while still sealing them completely and securely. We've even stored a few bottles on their sides in our fridge, and there's been not a drop of leakage.
on June 28, 2016
Work like a charm. Use these in 22oz beer bottles. If I leave one in for more than a week sometimes the rabbit will pop out... even if doesn't pop out and stays secure, the carbonation still deteriorates after that length of time. I recommend not leaving the beverage (as far as beer, at least) with this stopper more than 4 or 5 days otherwise you'll just end up dumping the product.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse