Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 2, 2008
I do not recommend this software; especially for younger children. Some of the sections are very fast moving and younger children can't click on the moving letters fast enough. Other sections of the software are exceedingly simple and therefore boring to children. A couple of the story games have almost no spanish integrated into them. When the software does use spanish, the word is quickly used once but there is no repetition so if the child misses the word, they're out of luck.
on July 31, 2007
I got this for my 6-yr-old son as a compliment to the summer homeschool program I am doing with him. It is EXCELLENT. He loves it and has learned a lot of Spanish. He also loves playing it over and over (he's won it twice now) to learn more words, and soon will be playing it in French. There are tons of interactive games and activities that are great for kids of all ages.

However, I could only give this product 4 stars because of the technical problems I've experienced. When trying to do the full install, the program would not finish installation. I finally had to give up and do the partial install. In addition, the program will often hang or not load properly which causes in-game glitches or having to forcibly terminate the program. I recommend saving your game regularly.
on September 20, 2009
I speak fluent spanish and I was looking for something fun for my daughter to enjoy after school. I had high hopes for this game but it was a complete disappointment. The game is glitchy and has no 'help' or 'clue' feature and if it happens to glitch (which it has many times for us) you can't go back to do that section over. We've had to start the ENTIRE game over several times. The most recent problem with it is that it's not allowing us to pass a certain part of the game because we have to 'translate' a sentence from english to spanish correctly. It is quite simple and multiple choice. Well... we answer it correctly and it tells us that we are incorrect. In helping her, we have even tried the incorrect answers in hopes of getting past the problem. No such luck, it tells us that we are wrong. Always. As for the game, the character spends more of her time pacing and looking for objects that go with the story (which isn't even that interesting) rather than actual learning... Don't waste your money. Even if your copy isn't glitchy, it's boring. I was really hoping to be able to give a great review here. =(
on August 12, 2005
This game is great! After buying Mia Reading I thought it was a great idea to get my 2 girls to start learning Spanish since we live in a global village. They game was easy to load, easy to navigate and the level was perfect for beginners. The high quality 3D animation will blow you away. Even my husband who learned 3D animation at the Vancouver Film School was blown away. The best part is, that they love playing it as they think it is a game. They forget they're learning numbers and vocab and how to put together simple sentences. Well recommended.
on May 19, 2006
Sept 15th, 2005

I bought this for my god-daughter after buying Mia's Science Adventure. I have never been so impressed with a companies product before. You can learn both Spanish AND French on the same CD. The graphics are amazing, the adventure is stupendous and now Lily (my god-daughter) is learning Spanish. Her level is above all her classmates and she's even started conversing with a Mexican girl in our neighbourhood. Well worth your money.
on July 21, 2004
I have been a faithful Mia fan for 5 years and have bought all the other games for my two kids. This game is a big disappointment. The language game is virtually unplayable in French. I am fluent in French and went to a French language university for nine years. I could barely understand what the characters were saying. If this program is intended to teach kids a second language, it would be more likely to turn them off the language instead. This game definitely does not cater to anyone who does not already have an understanding of French.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 6, 2004
My girl has always loved Mia and she loves knowing words in other languages, so Mia's Language adventure in a real winner in our home.

I sat with her through parts of the game and was amazed at the depth of the educative activities. The story was fun and I would recommend this to anyone with an interest in second languages. Bravo!
on January 5, 2008
We have tried installing & using this program on two different Macs, both of which are within the published system requirements. It does not work and we will be pursuing a refund. I wanted a fun and educational program for my kids.
on January 30, 2006
This product is pretty good. My little boy is 5 and is just really wanting to learn Spanish so I bought this product to help him. The animation is spectacular but he got bored with it very quickly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.