Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 202 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 267 reviews
on July 17, 2009
Michael Jackson's heartbreaking death drew me, like so many others, to his music. Rediscovering familiar songs & videos was fun, but most meaningful to me has been acquiring an appreciation for the songs I was not as familiar with. Earth Song tops the list. The music video is hard to watch because it shows man's overwhelmingly cruel treatment of animals and the rape of the earth & rainforests, no doubt due to greed. I believe the song and video are pure Michael Jackson genius. The music is not only beautiful but haunting, and it sticks in your head-- along with the causes it promotes. It will move you to tears, and leave no doubt Michael put his heart and soul into crying out about these atrocities. It is a lasting, forever gift (along with all of the rest of his music) that he gave to us in his effort to make the world a better place. The best gift we could give back to him in return, would be to DO something-- however large or small, to stop the cruel slaughtering of animals & horrific destruction of earth & rainforests.
There is no way you can go wrong adding this DVD to your collection. You will watch these videos again and again-- each and every one.
on July 17, 2009
There are some standout reasons to own this DVD:
- Smooth Criminal - The original version (from Moonwalker), not the horrible blurry remix video
- 1995 MTV VMA performance. Amazing Dangerous choreography. Great medley.
- Billie Jean - Motown 25 performance - totally classic MJ moment in history.
- Videos from History hits like They don't really care about us, Scream, SiM, Earth Song
-$8.99? what a bargain for some of the greatest music videos of all time

Thriller and Beat It are amazing as always, but they were also on History - Video Greatest Hits (Vol. 1), so not sure they needed to be repeated here, when they could have added Leave me Alone or The Super Bowl performance to make it a better collection that goes together. I would say this DVD would rule out needing the Vol 1. except Vol. 1 has the full versions of Bad, Remember the Time, B&W, and The Way you make me Feel, which makes it totally worth getting as well. The two together make almost a complete collection. I also highly recommend getting live in bucharest. What would I love to see released? One DVD with all the videos that were short films in their full lengths, the ones on these two dvds with Ghosts and You Rock my World added :)

One caveat, I find it really annoying that you have to flip the disc over 1/2 way through. With a run time of 106 minutes there is no reason on earth it can't all be on one side. That's probably my main reason for taking away a star. However, I do think this is absolutely worth getting as Michael Jackson was a music video and performance genius!
on November 8, 2009
TEASER - This is why I say that Michael can't do anything small. Just watch it and you'll see what I mean. He takes something as small as a music video DVD release and turns it 360 degress with this teaser into a whole lot more than that. Only Michael, folks, only Michael.

BILLIE JEAN - Motown 25. Live. Michael Jackson and Billie Jean. They go together perfectly. And when you can see the wheels in Michael's head turning, you know that something special is about to happen -- and that's when the debut of the moonwalk -- very spontaneously -- happens. Very historic performance, very historic that I'm glad that they put on this DVD.

BEAT IT - This is one of the video's that broke the color barrier on MTV, and it has very good reason to have done so. I love the plot of Michael breaking up a gang fight by using the power of dance -- only Michael could get by with this stuff, in all honesty.

LIBERIAN GIRL - I love all of the celebrity guest appearances -- we even get a guest appearance from Bubbles! Everybody is looking around for Michael, and then he descends from the sky on a camera. So simple, yet very effective...and actually quite fun.

SMOOTH CRIMINAL - This is one of Michael's most known songs, and one of the more beloved from the perfect Bad album. And this video is proof of why. It's the full moonwalker version, and it contains the ever famous anti-gravity lean. When I was younger, this video didn't make any sense to me, but now that I'm older and finally understand what I'm seeing, I can say that I really do appreciate and love this video.

1995 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS PERFORMANCE - Wow. Michael is DEFINITELY the greatest entertainer that ever lived. Songs include "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough," "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Jam," "Scream," "Beat It," "Black Or White," "Billie Jean, "Dangerous," and "You Are Not Alone." This is 15 minutes, 16 at most, and Michael simply does not stop. He proves here that he's the greatest entertainer in the world.

THRILLER - You can't make a Michael Jackson video collection WITHOUT including this video. I'm sure it's been on all of them (except for Dangerous) in the past, and I'm sure that it'll be on all of them in the future. This is the ultimate music video, and, for that matter, it's the ultimate Michael Jackson video. So it HAS to be included here.

Now we flip it to side two...

SCREAM - The most expensive video at the time of it's making, featuring his sister Janet, Scream looks like technology come to life...especially for 1995 it looks like technology come to life. You can tell that Michael and Janet are having the time of their lives, too, which is always something good to see.

CHILDHOOD - The theme from Free Willy 2, the video doesn't really do much for me. Quite possibly my least favorite video on the entire collection, but that's not saying that it's a bad video. It just, to me anyway, doesn't feel too much like a typical Michael Jackson video.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE - I LOVE this video. This video just has to be seen to be believed. Trust me, for 1995, THIS is Michael at his absolute best!

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US - Ah, this was so controversial. It actually had two video's made for it, but the one included on this disc is the publicly released video. It'd have been much more cool if they'd have included the banned video, but I love the song and I love the video, so I'm not going to complain too much.

STRANGER IN MOSCOW - Remember what I said about "You Are Not Alone?" Now, take that down here, change the title to "Stranger In Moscow," and you have my thoughts on this video.

BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR - It's HIStory in the mix, ya know? I love this video. It just goes and goes and goes and goes -- and then, when you think it's done, it goes even more! Michael simply doesn't stop -- of course -- and the atmosphere of the video is completely awesome. One of my favorites on this set.

BRACE YOURSELVES - Yep. You should always brace yourself when it comes to Michael Jackson, because you never know WHAT in the world is going to happen!
I owned "Michael Jackson - History on Film vol. 2" for years. I've always wanted to get the second installment, but never did for one reason or another. When Michael died, I knew it was time.

I watched it for the first time tonight, and I'm very bitter about two things. "Thriller" and "Beat It"'s videos were repeated on vol. 2 when they already appeared on vol. 1. I wouldn't have minded a live version or either video, or maybe a "making of". I was disappointed for their repeats, when there were several videos that could have taken their place, like "Dirty Diana", "Keep it In the Closet", "Leave Me Alone", etc. that would have been splendid.

Having said that, there are three points of highlight that makes this DVD worthwhile: the 1995 MTV Music Awards performance (OMG) and "Scream", which in its day was the most expensive video ever made, and the only one Michael did with Janet. Last but not least, the first public performance of the moonwalk, on Motown's "25: Yesterday, Today and Forever", which rumored that MJ wasn't intending on performing in originally. Aren't we glad that he did?

Make sure you know what you're getting before purchasing. For my money, I would have bought vol.1 only.

Side One:
1. Program Start
2. Teaser
3. Billie Jean (Motown 25; Yesterday, Today and Forever)
4. Beat it (the repeated video)
5. Liberian Girl
6. Smooth Criminal (not in its entirety... I could have sworn there was a whole nother part of this video that's missing)
7. 1995 MTV Video Music Awards Performance
8. Thriller (the other repeated video in question)

Side 2:
1. Scream
2 Childhood
3. Earth Song
4. You Are Not Alone
5. They Don't Care About Us
6. Stranger In Moscow
7. Blood on the Dance Floor
8. Brace Yourself (also a repeat from vol. 1 as far as I can see)
on October 29, 2009
If you want to see an incredible musical genius then you should own this compilation. The Michael Jackson history on film volume II is amazing. But if you love Michael Jackson then you should already know that. The teaser is tremendous with Michael surrounded by military guards like the king that he truly is, it then goes into the motown 25 performance. This performace is the birth of an icon, many of Michael's signature moves are seen here for the first time including the moonwalk. The dvd includes some of his most famous short films: smooth criminal, thriller, and beat it; all ground breaking and all phenomemal. The dvd also includes the rarely seem videos liberian girl and a stranger in moscow. The dvd also includes one of Michael's greatest MTV performance which is a combination of some of his greatest hits and includes the guitarist Slash. The one downside to the dvd is that it is placed on two side instead of one. The second side includes his duet with sister Janet, and the song childhood which Michael has always recommended as a way for all to get to know who he truly is. Another video on the dvd is earth song, which highlightes one of Michael's greatest passions which is to heal the world by taking better care of the planet. The video happens to be one of the most requested short films of all time. The dvd also contains one of Michael's most controversial songs "they dont care about us" It is a good idea to get both volume one and two of the history collection, it makes for an almost complete collection of the superstar.
on April 21, 2017
When you love MJ, you need the music videos, lol. Perfect!
on August 16, 2009
THIS VIDEO IS A MUST HAVE IN YOUR LIBARY OF STUFF.. !!! THIS IS BAD ALL OVER AGAIN.. THESE VIDEOS ARE SO BREATH TAKING THAT YOU WILL WATCH OVER AND OVER.. THE INTRO IS LIKE WOW.. MICHAEL HAS FULL CONTROL.. WITH NO LIMITS.. HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST AT WHAT EVER HE DOES.. HE IS BAD/THRILLER/AND WHAT EVER ELSE.. THESE VIDEOS ARE TIMLESS AND ONCE YOU PUT THE DISK IN THE DVD MACHINE YOU WILL NOT WANT TO TAKE IT OUT BECAUSE YOU WILL WATCH OVER AND OVER.. IT IS SO MAGNETIC THAT YOU WILL LOVE IT FROM BEGINING TO END.. THE ONLY REASON YOU WILL TAKE IT OUT IS TO TURN IT OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE TO WATCH MORE.. MORE MORE.. ITS A TWO SIDED DISK FILLED WITH EXCITMENT.. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE EXCEPT HE IS BADDDDD.... YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL ENJOY THIS DISK FOREVER.... ITS A MUST HAVE.. FOR REAL.. MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE TWO.. BECAUSE YOU WILL WANT TO KEEP ONE IN MINT CONDITON AND THE OTHER YOU WILL PLAY OUT.. SO IF YOU ARE A TRUE FAN OR JUST WANT TO SEE SOME BAD KICKING VIDEOS.. AND PERFORMANCES.. THIS IS THE BEST BEST DVD HE HAS OUT THERE.. SO GET IT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.. NO LIES.. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR DISK AS I AM WITH MINE IM WATCHING IT NOW. LIKE I SAID ONCE YOU PUT IT IN AND START WATCHING YOU WILL NOT WANT TO TAKE IT OUT.. ITS SO WORTH IT.....!!!!! GET YOUR S NOW!!!!
on March 23, 2017
The man, the legend.
on November 21, 2001
The HIStory On Film, Volume II DVD is an AWESOME disc for those who wanted MORE after buying HIStory On Film or is a suuuper DVD for any collector or Michael Jackson lover. The only fault in the DVD is that it must be flipped to view the second session of its content. It is STILL DEFINITELY a 5-star DVD! It's only a little annoying when you're loafing, dazed by the Michael magic, to pry yourself from your sofa to flip the disc.
Side One is a collection of the greatest performances and classic hits (2 which weren't on HIStory On Film). The compliation is a nice little memory trip. If you're a kid, it is nice to catch some of those old moments that you weren't around to see.
:::Side One:::
~*~ Teaser [from 'HIStory' Album]
~*~ Motown 25: Billie Jean Performance [ Michael Jackson's first MOONWALKING !]
~*~ Beat It
~*~ Liberian Girl
~*~ Smooth Criminal (phenominal full-lenth video)
~*~ 1995 MTV Video Music Awards Performance
~*~ Thriller
Side Two may have been separated from Side One because of its content. Michael Jackson has always liked to be family friendly in his lyrics and videos. However, Side Two features 'SCREAM' in which Janet Jackson flashes the finger, and 'You Are Not Alone' with Michael Jackson and his beloved ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley next to nude. You will still want to watch the 'Earth Song' video which is, to say the least, stunning and 'Brace Yourself', an awesome collage sort of piece.
:::Side Two:::
~*~ They Don't Care About Us [South American version]
~*~ Stranger In Moscow
~*~ Blood On The Dance Floor [Refugee Camp remiX]
~*~ Brace Yourself [klaleidoscope of Michael-mania]
The whole DVD aims to please and is stellar! 'SMOOTH CRIMINAL' will have you dancing for days, while 'EARTH SONG' will keep you crying for years to come. Well worth the petty 17 dollars!! A piece of music history.
on December 23, 2009
This DVD contains the big MJ statue, marching scenes, and fans screaming. That I can do without but I love the classical music in those parts. It has Motown 25's Billie Jean, Beat It, Liberian Girl, Smooth Criminal, 1995 MTV Awards Billie Jean and Dangerous, Thriller, Scream, Childhood, You Are Not Alone, Earth Song,They Don't Care about Us (Brazil), Stranger in Moscow, Blood on the Dance Floor (Refugee Camp Mix), and Brace Yourself ( Marching scenes). This DVD is my favorite of the short film DVDs that I have. I plan to donate my MJ books to the local library after I've read them. It is a way to get out that he was innocent and that his kind of entertainment talent only happens once. I am a new fan; post MJ's death. To keep his legacy alive we need to spread the word. I'd like to see a book dedicated soley to MJ's humanitarian deeds. He was such a loving and caring person.