Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 929 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,306 reviews
on September 2, 2017
I was never really a fan before, but I enjoy documentaries and I have a whole new respect for Michael Jackson after watching this. His talent was mind blowing. Simply incredible. And sad, because he insisted on giving everything he had to his fans, in terms of energy and perfection, and he was afraid because he was now older he couldn't deliver the exacting and powerful performance he wanted. Besides Michael though, you get to see some amazing world-class musicians and the most talented dancers and back-up singers imaginable.He was the best at what he did and he surrounded himself with the highest quality talent.
on January 30, 2017
I loved this movie. It gave me a better understanding of the kind of
man Michael was. Everyone that worked with him on this movie obviously
loved him and the feeling seemed mutual. I sure wish he had lived to at least
accomplish this tour. Felt so bad for him, of course, but also for all those young
people that got the chance to do this tour only to have it disappear along with
Michael. The doctor that administered the drugs to him ( and any other doctor
that does the same) should be put away for good.
on August 27, 2016
i have enjoyed Michael Jackson's music, dancing and genius since he starting singing with his brothers. This is the best of the best. I know the man had many oddities but his brilliance was what I focus on and enjoy. He was 50 when he was preparing to go on tour again and man, he seemed at the top of his game as captured in these vignettes in this film. I re-watch parts of it often.
on August 14, 2017
Well, since the great gloved one ain't alive no more to dominate tabloid news, this is really the only way to see him up close anymore. Unless you hold old magazine pictorials up to your face, but that's kinda weird. This vid is an odd combination of a dress rehearsal for a concert that never made it live, mixed with half done CGI footage, and a behind the scenes look at how truly one of a bazzillion this entertainer was. And just like french fries and ice cream mixed together, it somehow works. To best simulate the live experience, we would have the surround sound speakers turned way up, darken the room so we can only see our HDTV, and stand waaaay on the other side of our living room so that the screen looks waaaay small. Feels like going to a real show, because who has that kinda dough to buy front row seats to an MJ concert?!
on June 13, 2017
After the pop singer's death on June 24th, 2009. Kenny Ortega's documentary film gives you a look at the pop singer's comback "THIS IS IT" with rehearsals, interviews and the love that brought the team together to preform the show. I really enjoy this movie alot!!! It made me sad knowing that he's not here with us. But after watching that film, I know that still up to today he's still the king of of pop and a legend!
on August 11, 2017
Footage of rehersals for This Is It tour right before Michael died. Outstanding live versions of his stuff. My personal favorites were Smooth Criminal & Thriller. Live presentation of Thriller even better than original video. Guy & gal dancers in film were recruited as best in the world.
on March 7, 2010
It was a tragic & somber story when Michael Jackson (MJ) died on 25th June 2009 while preparing for 50 "This Is It" O2 Arena, London live shows. The movie gives one a glimpse of the hard work behind the glorious shows that one sometimes take for granted. What the movie reveals is a magnificent MJ at his best (in full control & as nimble as ever despite being 51 years old) & his ernomous drive to deliver a performance of a lifetime! Sadly this was not to be, but this movie shows beyond any shadow of doubt how great MJ was as a live performer and dancer! A great must be DVD collection for all music lovers, young & old. A well made movie with unbelievable rehearsal performances by Michael Jackson!
on March 21, 2013
I never saw Michael Jackson this way. I loved watching him explain his thoughts to the people that he was working with. He would go into his head and Jive to this internal concert that I so much wanted to be a part of. It made me realize, even more, how much we have lost and how strong that he was while never quite being understood. In this movie I saw people that loved him and tried so hard to be what he needed while he was teaching them to be the greatest that they could be.
This movie was so Great it will help you.
Please buy this and enjoy it.
on September 23, 2013
This was the best of Michael's on screen showings I have ever seen. I miss him so much. I was so happy it previewed on my 40th birthday. A group of 12 of us got together & went to the preview that first night. It was a night I'll forever remember. Best gift ever. Even people who weren't his fan's walked out saying what an excellent movie it was. Now that is a real compliment. (Especially if you knew these people.)He brought so much love, joy, happiness, wonder, beauty & true caring to this world. so much of what we lack now & have for so very long. this movie shows how much of himself he really put into his work & how important it was to impress his viewers & make them happy & get his messages across to the whole world. we should all continue to carry on Michael's message's. Even though we will never have another beautiful genius like him in our lifetime, we owe it to his memory to pass on his words & his loving messages to our friends and family. teach our children to love one another no matter what. it's the best way we can say thank you Michael for giving your life for your fans. God Bless you all & May Michael Rest In Peace. God Rest His Beautiful Soul. We love & miss you Michael. Thank you for a lifetime of wonder & gifts. Til we meet someday in Heaven. Lord be with you and your family & protect you all.
on December 2, 2009
I knew that I was going to see this movie from the moment I heard the conceptual idea of his rehearsals being made into a motion picture film. I saw it the first night on October 27th at 11pm and I've seen it 3 more times since then.

Michael was REMARKABLE and FANTASTIC! I just couldn't get enough of looking at him and feeling his soul up there on that screen. The dancers were on point and the band was jamming every note the way he wanted it; when they had it just right.

I read someone's critique of the movie and it said that Michael had on long sleeves during the rehearsals. I would like to say...THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE to me because I'm sure the AIR was on HIGH in the stadium and Michael didn't want to catch a chill and get sick with the flu or get hoarse in his singing voice. I don't know why people make such dumb observations and publish it without thinking through what they are saying.

During the 8 hours of my watching Michael upon that screen, I never once felt that he was not here anymore. I was so happy to see him at his most energetic self and showing his finesse and power at the same time. I was smiling and feeling blessed to be watching him make the attempt to bring his Mega-Talent back to the stage for everyone to see that nothing was tarnished about his skills. Throughout the whole movie, each time I watched it, I was totally engaged in every single movement that he made. The only time my eyes left him is, of course, when he wasn't on the screen.

My only beef is with one of the theaters where I went to see the movie. The first movie theater closest to my home has the BEST sound system and you can hear every single decible of what's on the screen. The music was rumbling inside of me like I was sitting right there in the stadium with them. But then I went to this other theater to check out a different atmosphere and I was SO NOT HAPPY because the sound system in the speakers seemed to be unbalanced. The music and the voices weren't the same level of pitch or something of that matter. I don't know why they would have a CONCERT MOVIE's sound system setup like that.

The 3rd time I went to see the movie was again at the theater nearest my home and I knew then for sure that the other theater's sound system was OFF. The 4th time, I had to go again to the other theater with the bad sound system because it wasn't showing near my home that weekend. I wasn't too happy about that because they actually charge $3 more than the one nearest my home, but I went there again anyway because I HAD TO SEE MICHAEL ONE MORE TIME before they took it from all the theaters. Even with the sound system still unbalanced, I focused on Michael and loved every minute of watching him do his thing, just loving him more and more every second.

Also, I never saw the film with more than 25 people in the theaters that I visited. I had wished that I could have seen it at least once with a full theater to feel the energy of everyone enjoying themselves. But then I thought, this was great that I didn't watch it with a lot of people, because I wasn't distracted or annoyed or disturbed by not hearing something being said on the movie because of excessive noise from a crowd. I accepted that as a blessing in disguise and didn't let it bother me because I know that in areas all over the world there were theaters that were filled up on more than one occasion with lots of happy fans.

I have a pair of nice wireless headphones that I know will give me great sound at home when I get this DVD in my hands. I'm going to watch Michael in this movie on a regular basis until I can see it in my dreams. LOL And the additional DVDs will be mine, as well. I CAN'T STOP THE LOVE and whatever lets me see him and hear him speaking, singing and dancing is what I have to have in my possession. LOL

I hope all the people who didn't take the time to go out and see this movie at the theaters will buy or rent this DVD like crazy because it's worth every single second and every single dime to witness the MASTER at his work.