BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 25, 2013
I am a size 44R in jackets. I ordered the size 42S based on the measurements below that I found from an Ebay seller. As you can see, the chart indicates that a tag size 42S(small) in this coat will give a length of 39 inches and 44 1/2 inches in the chest. Sorry, but I couldn't get the chart to line up perfectly. It fit well in the breast and shoulders while wearing a sport jacket underneath. I ordered short/small because I wanted to keep the coat well above the knees. The sleeves were not too short. There was excess material in the torso, so I brought it in to the local tailor to take in the sides to give the coat a more slim fitted look. Cost was $20 for both sides. Just like any other jacket you buy, you can choose to get it fitted to your body, as long as it fits in the shoulders. Shoulder alterations are often not worth the cost. The material appears to be of good quality and feels soft. I would consider this to be a light top coat suitable for mild winters, like we have here in Indianapolis. All in all, for around the $120 I paid, alterations included, this was a great deal.

Tag Sizes:__________________Length:_______Chest Measurement:

38 (Small, Regular, Large)__(39, 40, 41)__(40 1/2)
40 (Small, Regular, Large)__(39, 40, 41)__(42 1/2)
42 (Small, Regular, Large)__(39, 40, 41)__(44 1/2)
44 (Small, Regular, Large)__(39, 40, 41)__(47)
46 (Regular, Large)_______(40, 41)______(49 1/2)
48 (Regular, Large)_______(40, 41)______(52)

** SMALL, REGULAR AND LARGE DEAL SPECIFICALLY WITH THE LENGTH OF THE JACKET, NOTHING ELSE
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
Living in California, I got rid of my last topcoat a few years ago. With an unexpected cold-weather funeral pending back east, I found my local department stores don't even carry a traditional topcoat. So Amazon to the rescue! The reviews about sizing worried me but I figured that most of them weren't actually using this as a topcoat, so I trusted the manufacturer. I've been a 44 regular for about 25 years and I know how the coat is supposed to fit. It fit perfectly, considering that I am wearing an undershirt, a shirt, a tie and a suit coat. I don't have to fight to get the coat on over my suit coat's sleeves and it doesn't bunch or pucker anywhere. So the bottom line is, they designed this to fit over a suit and the size is right as far as I am concerned. But beware: it looks to me like the photographers decided to shoot models who are not wearing suits and chose the coat based on recent trends toward snug-fitting apparel. The coat will look broader than shown if you are wearing a suit under it.
As for the fabric and workmanship, they're OK. This is not an expensive coat so you get what you pay for. The fabric almost looks like felt but it is not unattractive. In summary, this is a very basic, conservative topcoat, designed for a suit, at a very attractive price.
on January 27, 2014
I was a bit skeptical when buying this coat as several of the reviews stated that the fit was too big/bulky, and few said that the coat was true to size. I am 5'10", 165#, 33" waist. Well, I took a leap of faith and bought a 40 regular which is my suit size. As soon as I got it in the mail 2 days later, I tried it on with my suit and it fit PERFECTLY! I was so happy as I was heading to NY on a business trip and really didn't have a lot of time for trial & error with returns, etc. I live in Florida and it's hard to find a large selection of winter coats in stores down here, so thank God for Amazon and Prime shipping! I even tried the coat on with a sweater (no jacket) and the fit was absolutely fine.

Now, the shipping package was not the best (it came in a plastic bag), and that's my only criticism. The coat is not too heavy, but looks like it will keep me warm with layers in 20 degree weather. The material is very nice and soft, the buttons are well attached, there is good enough room in the chest/shoulders that wearing a jacket underneath is comfortable without that "bulky" feeling, and the coat looks much more "expensive" than it really was. At $80 from Amazon, this was a steal. I saw the same coat at another retailer on sale for $244! Amazon came thru for me on this one, and I am very happy!
on February 6, 2014
This coat is about what I expected. It's kind of a medium weight, but it does a good job keeping me warm. I'm in Minnesota, and most of my time outside this winter has just been getting to and from my car. We've had sub-zero temps, but I haven't hesitated to wear this coat (then again I also haven't been outside for too long). It's not quite a heavy as some of my other wool dress coats, including one from Michael Kors (different style). I actually tried this on at a store before ordering it-- that's how I knew that the sizing ran large. I normally wear a 46 short, but the 44 short in this coat fits me very well. There's nothing terribly special about the coat-- It's a pretty standard camel-colored wool dress coat, but I like Michael Kors, and the price through Amazon was very reasonable. It was well below the price I would have paid at the store at which I actually tried it on. The coat was very wrinkled when it arrived, but I was able to remove those wrinkles using a steamer. Overall, this coat was a great purchase, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a similar style. In my opinion, this style is really a staple for professional-wear (along with a black or charcoal wool coat), and this particular coat appears more expensive than what I actually paid. The only reason I give it 4 stars rather than 5 is that it's hard to get truly excited about a staple piece of outerwear. There's nothing paricularly exciting about it that would make me say "I love it," but it's a nice coat, and it looks sharp.
on December 20, 2012
I was a little concerned by some of the reviews suggesting an imperfect fit for this jacket, as I'm pretty picky. One thing I did like was that it was offered in actual jacket sizes instead of the less accurate "small, medium, large, etc." sizing. I went ahead and ordered my normal suit size: 40L

The coat fits absolutely perfect in my shoulders, chest and arms. It appears fitted, yet still has enough room that I can wear a suit coat under it without it getting too snug.

The fit around the waist is pretty good. It isn't quite as fitted as I'd like, but I can't really knock the coat for that - it's unrealistic to expect a perfectly tailored fit from an "off the rack" item. It's close enough. And if I really wanted, I could add another row of buttons to snug up the fit a bit. That would be far cheaper than getting it tailored and wouldn't throw the look off much.

The coat looks sharp enough to go well with a suit, but isn't so fancy that I can't get away with wearing it over a shirt and jeans.

As far as warmth goes, this coat is exceptional. Sure, it's not an arctic-rated winter coat, but it was about 10 degrees this morning when I went out to scrape the snow off the car and I was plenty warm.
on December 31, 2013
The coat itself is a nice overcoat, especially at this price. Others complained about it being too large, but it is an overcoat. If you want it to fit like your suit jacket and not like an overcoat you need to order a smaller size than you normally wear in a suit jacket. My only complaint with this purchase is the way that the coat was packaged. It was “folded” up in a plastic bag. Once you get the coat unfolded it looks like someone wadded it up and put it under their mattress for a week before pulling it out to wear. I am probably going to have to take it to the dry cleaners to get all these wrinkles out. Other than the poor packaging I am very satisfied with this purchase and the product.
on December 10, 2014
This was a gift for my husband. I had him try it on before Christmas to make sure the size was right and if we would keep it. It was perfect and he loves the weight of it. I bought this on the look and the brand, Michael Kors. He represents quality to me and the top coat was all of that; the linings, pockets and all parts of it were lined and finished really well.

My only suggestion would be in the packaging of the coat. It was rolled into a ball and put into a soft bag of very tough material, but the coat comes out really wrinkled and creased and in need of steaming or something of that nature to get the shape back. Other than the packaging, the top coat was just what he wanted..
on March 10, 2014
First of all, the reason for the four stars was the removal of the cashmere blend tag in the arm sleeve. Usually this tag should come out easy but I must have had a very tidy seamtress, this sucker took about a half hour to pull off and it left 4 visible holes in the sleeve that I am hoping will blend in someday, almost like don't take it off advertise it.
Otherwise this coat at the price I paid could not be better, Macy still advertised it at twice the price without sizes available and omnly black.
I own another Michael Kors in black in a longer version that I really enjoy wearing even though in northern California you have a very limited time to enjoy but I wanted to get a camel as well, so now I am set for Seatttle instead.
on January 31, 2014
I have no beef with Amazon about this product. They delivered it exactly when they said they would and it was in perfect condition. Unfortunately, the manufacturer sewed 4 or 5 labels to the coat itself and one of them was sewn on so tightly that it actually left an impression in the material underneath the label. In addition, this label was impossible to remove without damaging the underlying material (and I even used a delicate seam splitter to try to take it off). Why must clothing manufacturers do this to their products? It is completely unnecessary and probably costly to them in more ways than one. If I had to guess, I'd say Michael Kors probably got a high percentage of returns for this coat because of the label problem. Very disappointed.
on February 10, 2014
This is a great coat. It looks good, and the 10% cashmere makes a difference. The only issue is that even if you are wearing a suit underneath it, the size is too big, or at least it is in my case.

You may want to try getting one size down. Also, this is a topcoat, not an overcoat. Macy's carries the overcoat version of this coat, but it is 2 to 3 times more expensive unless it is on sale. It too is about a size too big.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.