Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 131 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 143 reviews
on October 22, 2012
Chef Michael Symon is serious about meat...and 100+ recipes on the topic proves it!

I am really enjoying the book and the layout of it. It is broken down by the different meats: Beef, Pork, Lamb & Goat, Poultry, Game, and a section on side dishes to accompany the various meat dishes. I was especially pleased to find the game section, as venison is one of my favorite meats. At the start of each section there is a guide for selecting the meat, and then a guide to proper cooking temperatures (safety first!). It's great that these are included, as they speak to cooks of all backgrounds, especially those that may not be as familiar cooking a particular type of meat.

The recipes are great (I have tried two so far, but read ALL of them), and I have recommended it to at least 3 friends already in the few short days I have had it.
on November 5, 2012
So far we have tried about five different recipes from this book and each one has been great! They are not too complex to make, and the flavors are out of this world! We just tried the pork and beans recipe and oh my goodness was it delicious! Definitely not what you are thinking when you hear pork and beans. This book is full of great recipes that I can't wait to try!
on December 25, 2012
I like this book a lot. It's got great tips on cooking every different kind of meat. There are great recipes and pictures to follow along with. What I like most is that not all the recipes are super complicated. I'm just learning to cook and I feel I could tackle some of these recipes.
on November 24, 2012
To begin with, I just like Michael Symon. I lived in Cleveland and ate at his restaurants. The book is good because it covers all the basic types of meat, offers easy to follow recipes and also has detailed photos of them all.
on July 9, 2013
I love this book, especially being able to pair every meat with an excellent side dish. I've tried several similiar recipes from Symons Suppers. I've never found one of his recipes I didn't love. My personal favorite is the prime porter houses and peach arugula salad. For all the people posting low reviews of this are idiots. If you read the title, you'll know the book is all about meat, of course its not a typical cookbook, learn to read first and save your self a bunch of time and save us from your stupidity. I would highly recommend this.
on June 29, 2013
De-mystifies the preparation and cooking of any meat or meat dish. The addition of less commonly served meats and easy home preparation of commonly purchased meat preparations such as bacon and sausage will painlessly expand your horizons out of the average comfort zone.
on January 25, 2013
As always, Michael Symon clearly explains his recipes and every time I read one I hear his voice and laugh - I'm a cooking show junkie and I've seen him on TV plenty of times. I love having photos for most of the recipes and the book definitely show the dishes well. Book is well constructed and has a different, but really neat paper that looks easy to clean once you get the pages splattered with your cooking (like I do). I only got this book ~4 weeks ago, but based on his "Live to Cook" book, I'm sure I'll love this book too.

My 1st book of Michael's was "Live to Cook" and I read the techniques he teaches, learning things like, mix your vinaigretts with all the ingredients 1st to thoroughly mix them prior to adding the oils ... it really does mix them better! I also learned that adding a touch of mustard to the mix better emulsifies the dressing. This isn't news to many cooks, but it was to me. I cooked several of his dishes from that book and would highly recommend them to anyone who loves meaty, and especially bancony, foods (he looooves bacon). After you have watched him on the tube, you'll also hear his laugh in your head when you read anything he writes.
on May 27, 2015
Second book of Michael's I purchased. I can see where some people would have a hard time with some of his recipes. Would I consider trying boar or goat? umm, no, for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me. This does not take away from his book however. There are plenty of recipes to try, and can't wait to get started.
on September 10, 2014
Meet the Meat. Yep. All you could ask for. With many spices and techniques I would have had to seriously forage for. I can't follow a recipe to a T because of my passion for food but Symon's was easy to follow with lots of great new flavores.
Just buy it. Don't tell your friends. They'll think you are a genius.
on December 12, 2013
Just received this - giving it to my dad for Christmas. The book looks GREAT! It was in perfect condition when it arrived and the pictures are beautiful. I should have known better than to look at it right before lunch, as my mouth was watering in seconds. I cannot wait to try the first recipe out of this book and I'm SO glad I found it - I think it will be a great addition to the repertoire of cookbooks my dad owns! Thanks Michael Symon :)