Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 454 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 485 reviews
on September 4, 2013
I like this cookbook. I cook from fresh ingredients almost every day. I bought the Kindle edition and use it with the ap on my kitchen computer.
5 in 5 is very straightforward, uses ingredients that can be found at any grocery store and the preparation instructions are clear. My teenaged children love to cook dinner and this book is ideal for them. Not too many ingredients, no elaborate preparations or complicated spice blending or marinades. The dressings are simple, substitutions are offered, so you can use what you have on hand and still make something good. There's even a section of food pairings and combinations that feature what tastes good with what - that's really good for creating new dishes based on something you've done before. I'm wanting to try some of the sandwich combinations, grill recipes and definitely Symon's version of Chicken Marsala.
0Comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2013
If you like The Chew "5 in 5" segments, Michael Symon, and cooking, I would suggest getting this book. The recipes seem to be very easy and one can substitute ingredients to make the meal "user" friendly. The cooking instructions are also "user" friendly. Symon makes food preparation fun.
on June 12, 2015
I like this book overall, but more than a couple of them required a lot more than five minutes to make. I assume that some of this is because they are not including any of the prep time, such as chopping up onions, but even taking that out some of these have taken more then five minutes to cook. That's not all bad, but just something that you should be prepared for.

I've enjoyed all of the dishes that I've tried out of this book though, but I was really hoping for the 5 minutes for those times when I really need to make something quick and don't just feel like grabbing things and throwing them in the frying pan to see what happens.
on April 21, 2017
This cookbook is awesome! It has taken more than five minutes to prepare the meals I've cooked so far (at least for me and I consider myself an intermediate level cook) but they are simple and pretty quick to pull together. I love Michael Symon and watch him pull these recipes together on The Chew and it often takes him a little more than five minutes and he's a professional chef and often has one of the other chefs helping him out (ha,ha), so I won't be so hard on myself for getting it done in about twenty minutes. The meals that I've fixed are delicious and there are a lot of them that I plan to cook that look just as good. I plan to buy his other 5 in 5 cookbook as well. The book was in great condition as described and I would buy from this seller again.
on September 14, 2013
Although Amazon has changed alot over the last couple of years (more expensive shipping), I paid for regular ground shipping and got this cookbook in two days and for $8.00 cheaper than retail stores!!! Can't ask for anything better! As for the cookbook itself...it is Awesome! I love Michael Symon's 5 in 5 recipes. I've tried several and they are no fail and once you have done the prep work, it literally can be cooked in five minutes! Great job Michael!!!
on June 19, 2017
As always, Symon delivers. This book is full of good recipes that, if they don't exactly take five minutes to make (a lot depends on how comfortable you are in the kitchen) at least are quick and easy to prepare for almost all cooks. A great resource for those who want to make good, fresh meals but are often pressed for time. It does depend on your having a pantry with basic ingredients in it already, so the five ingredient part is limited to what you need for each specific recipe. Still, most don't have a huge list of things needed, and once you start making a few of these recipes, you will build your stock of on hand things. Worth the money, for sure.
on February 1, 2014
So happy with this purchase. He absolutely does stick to 5 in 5. The only comment I have is there is a sneak of "chef" type ingredients that my (oh No! Yes, I shop at Safeway) doesn't carry at all. And I live in a large metropolis city.
Next time around, Michael, please keep it simple, in that us moms who need to cook 5 in 5 are the very ones who shop at Safeway, Kroger, Albertsons, etc. Trader Joes are not a neighborhood store and even they don't carry those ingredients.
on November 5, 2015
I have already tried half of these recipes and have loved each and every one. The cooking times aren't quite right. You cannot cook a chicken thigh in 5 minutes unless you want to eat raw chicken. Nor can you cook dried pasta in 5 minutes, the water takes that Long to come to a boil and all the pastas recommended(except angel hair) cook longer than 5 minutes. You have to use your own judgement as far as as meat cooking times go. Most of these recipes do cook in approx 15-20 minutes and they really are delicious and easy to prepare. If you love good food buy this book.
on October 23, 2015
Love him, love the chew.. But a bit disappointed by this book as these are things that the "normal" household does not have on hand. I'm a stay at home wife & should be able to make these wonderful dishes, I'd rather someone make them for me. No, I'm not a snob with a housekeeper & chef.
on January 25, 2016
Well it took 40 minutes to get the meal to the table. I made the chicken dish on page 160. The dish tasted fine, but the sauce was watery. I'll try another recipe as they all look so good. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.