Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 3, 2013
Wow! I just finished this latest installment and I wasn't a bit disappointed. Richard Paul Evans' mind doesn't work like the rest of our's and he leads you down a predictable though convoluted path that just makes you crave for more and more, like some alley junkie looking for his next fix. This is a continuing saga in a soft, sci-fi package and you cannot help but like the group of young protagonists as they go about their business of saving the world from an evil, really evil, character. Can't wait for the next installment. I'm 64 but in my mind's eye as I read this novel, I became 16 again! Thank you!
14 people found this helpful
on September 17, 2013
After an impatient year- long wait, I was excited to read Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere, the latest installment in Richard Paul Evans gripping series featuring Michael Vey and the Electroclan. It was even better than I had anticipated. I was totally blown away!

The end of MV2 left us breathless and left Michael Vey, his mother and his friends still in the jungles of Peru. Michael has become separated from the rest after a harrowing ordeal with the Elgen. With his mother finally safe as told to him by an old friend, Michael together with new friend Tessa, eventually reunites with his Electroclan. The brave and loyal band of cohorts face many obstacles that just might keep them from their ultimate mission, to sink the Ampere and dethrone the devilish Hatch who has become more powerful than anyone could have imagined. This book keeps readers glued to every page. This a shockingly exciting, emotionally charged chapter of the Michael Vey series.

Richard Paul Evans does an fantastic job at keeping both kids, teens and adults interested and engaged in all of the books in the Michael Vey series. RPE is truly a master storyteller that has kept the energy and sparks flying throughout this fun adventure. I will be recommending this book to everyone.
27 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2014
I didn't love this book as much as the second one, - just too much running around in the Peruvian jungle, and too much separation from the other teens. The big question here is who is the Voice? How does the group he represents always know what the Electroclan is accomplishing or when they need help? How can they ferry folks around the world to safety so fast. Are they part of the US government since they seem to find safety in the US? Lots of questions about this group and how they work. That will keep me reading. It was so predictable that some of the group would abandon Michael and his loyal friends, and also predictable that some would also come back. I could see that coming a mile away. This was a more depressing book because of the discouragement of the teens. The final fight scenes on board the ship was too short, while the jungle scenes too long. A death was predictable but still effective and especially the loyalty of his best friend. It also was sort of fake and phoney, but so predictable that Hatch would get away,,,, again! I guess he'll keep getting away as long as Evans wants to keep the series alive. I'm not sure how long this can be sustained. It is getting a little formulaic, like a Nancy Drew mystery. Change of scenery, but pretty much the same thing happens again and again. For the next book, I think Hatch should come and seek out Michael, instead of the usual. I disliked the torture and murder again. I know it has to be done to enhance the evil of Hatch, but still it is too much for me.
on October 11, 2013
I received my ebook that I pre-ordered, but held off reading it. Why? Because I had waited so long to get it, and hated knowing I would zoom right through it and the next day it would be done, and I'd again be waiting for the next one. So, instead, I re-read the first two books, back to back, before I plowed through the newest one. I know it only delayed it three days, one for each book, but how wonderful to have each one to read one after the other. This newest one was full of all the fabulous exciting adventures you've come to expect from Michael and his Electroclan members. These books are so easy to "picture in your head" as you read. I taught elementary school for 34 years and wish I had had these books to read to my third through fifth grade students. My students would have loved these stories, and many would be rereading them over and over again after I read it to them. The only thing I'm sorry about, is that I now have to wait again for the next installment. However, it was so great to find out there are many of these in the works. I'm so glad it was not just a trilogy. I so enjoy reading a book where I've come to know the characters so well. In this book we learn so much more about the inner feelings of everyone. We find out bravery has nothing to do with not being scared. We also see what it means to do the "right thing". These books are what our youth need to be reading. They show children and adults what morals are still important. I'm in my 60s now, but still love these books. I enjoy reading young adult books, maybe because of having been a teacher, but mainly I think because of great books like these. I definitely would recommend these books to anyone. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
on October 17, 2013
This book starts right where the second book ends. Michael Vey is in the Peruvian jungle with a helpful native tribe. Michael's mom is safe but the Electroclan have been captured by the Peruvian army because when they destroyed the Elgen plant they destroyed much of the country's source of electricity. Michael, with the help of a new character in the series named Tessa (who escaped into the jungle months before Michael arrived in Peru), have to go and rescue everyone from, most assuredly, being found guilty of treason and execution. Jaime, who works for the mysterious "voice" person and the reader meets in the Rise of the Elgen, helps Michael and the clan throughout the book, as much as he can.

Then tragedy strikes. It will wreck you. I won't spoil it, but have tissues with you when reading this book. I cried big fat tears, and am glad I was reading it at home and not in public.

The tragedy, and the decision to attack and sink the Ampere (the main Elgen boat) nearly tear the Electroclan apart. But I was happy in the end, and the book ends on kind of a cliffhanger, just giving you an idea of what the next book will be about.
on May 30, 2014
This story is hard to finish. About half way through this I had to stop and go "What just happened?", and multiple times I wondered if there was a better way to solve it than killing A or B character, or the "pause for lengthy dialogue". The action was choppy and all over the place and the solutions and escalating violence makes this less friendly than the other two books. Also note to parents there is a whole lot of snuggling in beds together, and the romance can come off as forced or even just plain weird. However, it is still exciting, and Michael Vey is still a character you root for. In fact, he is one of the only characters you can get behind in this book which is different from the others in the series. So I am giving it three stars because of the middle of the book, (you will know it when you get there) but it does further the series and fans will want to keep reading.
on October 26, 2013
Yes, the story line is a bit predictable. Yes, there is a lot of running around in the Peruvian jungle. No, there wasn't quite as much action. BUT, if you enjoyed Michael Vey 1 and 2, you will enjoy this book! There is still adventure and good overcomes evil! No swearing, no sex, just good clean adventure. It is a book that my 85 year old mother AND my 13 year old son enjoyed as well, and it was fun to have a book we could all share! Characters are well-defined and developed; book 3 took right off where book 2 ended. The only thing I dislike is having to wait for the NEXT book! But then, I have that same problem with ALL series books. (Hey, Amazon, why is the KINDLE price for this book $10.25 when the printed paperback is only $8.99? Feels a little like Kindle owners are getting a bit ripped off!)
One person found this helpful
on May 28, 2014
This series is the best series I've read in a very long time. The author, Richard Paul Evans, draws you in within the first few words; heck the Prologue draws you in. I read all three on my lunch break each day & I didn't want to put it down. I brought them all home when I finished, which was just last week--(today is May 28, 2014), & my husband, who really isn't much on reading anything that isn't either his bible or politics---he's almost through with the last one. He's retired & has burning the lights late into the night to finish. I pre-ordered the 4th installment today & neither of us can hardly wait. It's action packed, fantastically written, keeps a great flow & you see the story he's telling. It all becomes so real to you; as if these were your friends experiencing the adventures. I recommend it more than I can even express!!!
on March 26, 2018
Loved the concept of the electric children and a truly evil corporation such as the Elgen. Loved the themes of redemption and love. The only complaint I have is the last books in the series seemed rushed and more could have been shown or explained. Michael seemed to become human too easily and the other characters took it for granted.
on June 17, 2014
Book 3 starts out with Michael separated from his friends after escaping the Elgen power plant. Michael is assisted by a local tribe, and while he's with them he meets another electric child named, Tesa. With Tesa in tow, Michael strikes out to find his friends, who have been captured by the Peruvian military. Eventually Michael get his friends out and the Voice manages to get them to a safe house. However the Voice is not done with Michael and his friends, he wants them to sink the flag ship of the Elgen armada.
Overall both books were enjoyable reads, however neither did anything new. I mean really, Michael and his friends can get captured/saved only so many times before it starts to get a little old. The characters are well written with pretty good depth considering the repetitive story line.