Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 305 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 424 reviews
on June 24, 2017
These things will tame even the most unruly hair. It is the first and only brush that I've gotten my daughter to actually use repeatedly and brush her hair every day. She's got very thick hair and it's hard to maintain after she bleached it three times in four months because being a teenager, she couldn't make up her mind on hair color. This brush goes right through it without missing a beat, pulling out a ton of hair, or hurting her head to brush it. I actually bought me one as well because I tried it and loved it as well. Highly recommend this brush!!!
on June 14, 2017
This brush was supposed to deal with the thick mess on my daughter's head better than the others. It doesn't. Even the longest bristles aren't long enough to get to the bottom layers of her hair. It works on the top, still leaving a mess below. She complains that it still pulls just as much. I have tried it on my thick, less tangled hair, and find it works no better than my other brush that cost half as much. If you want a regular brush this is fine, but it doesn't live up to it's claims.
on April 2, 2016
I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing these brushes for my daughter and me. The commercial sold me with "no more tears" but they are th worst brushes I've ever used! I got the blue one for thick hair for me and the pink for thin for my 3 year old. They really hurt and are not that effective. Going back to th wet brush- so much better!
on February 21, 2014
I bought this for my daughter because she cries when getting her hair brushed, so she saw the commercial and begged me to buy it. It detangles good but it's still not without a little pain from the tugging because there is really no give to the bristles as they are really stiff because this is the brush for thick hair. I've even tried it on myself and it does tug pretty good. However this brush works great when the hair is wet. I went to target and bought a Goody brand detangler and she absolutely loves that one and I paid maybe $8 for it, so it detangles good and does not hurt as bad as the bristles are slightly softer. I use the Goody on dry hair and the Michele on wet hair. Hope this review helps.
For reference her heritage is African American/Puerto Rican/Guamanian mix so her hair type is a 2B like Chili from TLC. Follow link for hair type chart. [...]
on September 14, 2017
It tore my thick 4C hair to shreds. It's worse than the Tangle Teezer, and that's pretty bad. I tried it with wet hair, dry hair, always going ever so gently from ends to roots. The bristles are stiff and feel weird, to say the least. The handle is short and wide, making for awkward work. I've learned the value of finger detangling, as tedious as that is. But this will never touch my head again.
on January 2, 2014
I bought this brush for my 8-year-old granddaughter with very long hair she is growing for Locks of Love. The brush did not work as shown on television and actually pulled as we tried to brush her hair. so...never believe what you see on television. If it's too good to be true...it probably is!
on February 28, 2016
I love this brush. After being bed ridden for weeks and always tieing my hair up in a bun, my hair became matted to the point that I almost cut it all off. But this brush untangled my mats within less than 15 minutes and I went out yesterday wearing my hair down long and straight with no mats or tangles. I used the blue brush. Worked like a charm.
on July 25, 2013
I have tried wide tooth combs, detangling sprays, so on and so on and THIS is the only thing that works!!! I will say I use it like a wide tooth comb to ONLY take out the tangles and then I switch to my regular paddle brush. I think this is why some people give it negative reviews, they are expecting to replace their old brush entirely.
I wouldn't use to as a all over brush or as a complete brush replacement because its not for blow drying and it wont remove the loose hairs in my head like a normal brush. using it in tandem with another brush will also make this one last longer. so keep that in mind. over all its a great product! and i'm happy to have found it!
on January 3, 2016
I bought the "thick" hair version and it does go through the hair, but the bristles are so short that it doesn't penetrate all the hair and so it doesn't look "brushed" once she is done. I am disappointed in this product and don't feel like they represent it as it truly is. I would stick with a traditional brush that you can pick up in the drug store - they work better and are lots cheaper.
on July 26, 2014
I bought it thinking it would help detangle my thick and long hair (I have hair to my rear, and it's super thick. It's been compared to a horse's mane if that helps anyone reading this picture it lol). It worked ok for the first couple of days, but now it only pulls my hair out when I try to use it, and it started breaking in half after just a couple of uses. I don't suggest this brush to anyone. Definitely not something I'll be buying again!!! Guess my hair's too thick for it or something lol.