Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on August 15, 2013
I got this for use on a Schwinn trailer that came with a less ideal mount, which does not have the angled clevis hitch. While you can buy just the knob, it is best to get the whole kit here so that you are sure the knob fits the receptacle.

I tried just using the knob with my Schwinn receptacle, and they just barely couldn't be made to line up. So I finished the job and installed the receptacle with spring on my trailer. I actually got two, one each for my wife's bike and my own, so that we aren't constantly switching parts.

This mounts to most dropouts by sliding over a quick release skewer. It has clearance for some threaded axles. It does not look like it can clear larger than 10mm, though I may be wrong.

The only drawback has little to do with this design and more to do with the bike. If your dropout has a raised portion above the skewer seat, this may interfere. On my Diamondback Overdrive, I have to point it down around 45deg. Not an issue with my wife's bike. Workable for me, but possibly an issue for some. Just something to be aware of.
on November 4, 2013
The other reviews are right... this is a well-made product that works perfectly. Having used the burley triangle clamp previously, which takes some fumbling around to get hooked on, this one is ridiculously easy to attach and detach. You do have to bolt the hitch lug onto your axle (and leave it there), so if you want to tow with multiple bikes you'd have to install that on each of them, whereas the Burley triangle can be hooked to nearly any bike without installing anything. But once the hitch lug is installed, all you do is slide the shaft over it and insert the pin and you're ready to go--15 seconds at most.

The diameter of the insert for this one is skinnier than the burley rubber style ones, so if you're putting this on a burley trailer it will fit a little loose, but the mounting hole will line up just fine. I have an Avenir trailer which uses a thicker-walled pipe so the interior diameter is smaller than the Burleys. This means I can't put a burley triangle mount on this trailer without modifying it... but that's OK with me because this hitch is so easy to use once you get the lug installed. I liked the burley triangle hitch because I could put it on my wife's bike or my mountain bike when I wanted to, but I usually tow with my commuter bike so I don't mind. It's a good compromise.
on May 29, 2012
I have an older InStep trailer in which I carry my daughter. It had a connection that clamped to the left chainstay of the bike. On my road bike, it would rotate around and try to get tied up in the spokes. On my mountain bike, it would try to get into the disc brake. On my tandem, it had enough clearance, but never felt particularly secure. On all, if I hammered the pedals or braked hard, it would slip.

Now that I've replaced that clamp with this replacement hitch, I can turn much tighter (to the left - on tight right turns the tire bumps the clamp arm), brake harder, and pound out of the saddle when I want. No longer am I trying to soft-pedal in the lowest possible gear - I can hammer up grades. This inexpensive product has completely transformed my daughter's trailer. Highly recommended.
on May 24, 2012
I bought an InStep Take 2 Double BicycleTrailer on Amazon recently, but when I tried to attach the mount to my bike, I found out that my bike was not compatible with many InStep products (a division of Pacific Bicycles), including the trailer I bought. I was ticked off, since I did not want to go through the hassle of returning the trailer and buying another brand that would cost me 3X as much. With a little bit of internet research, I found out that by buying this replacement hitch, I could attach my InStep trailer to our bikes (Felt X-City, Felt Cafe, and Giant STP)! This hitch even seems more sturdy than the original hitch mount. If you do not want to spend $300+ on a bike trailer, yet still get awesome quality, buy the InStep trailer and then buy this mount kit if you have a "lawyer lips" dropout on your bike frame's rear wheel mount. I spent about $100 total for both.
on January 30, 2013
If you buy the Avenir cargo trailer, I stongly suggest that you buy this replacement hitch as it makes attaching and detacking the trailer quick and ver easy. If you attach the hitch to the rear axle of your bike so the hitch is tightly in place, balancing a full load is almost effortless. You may feel a little pushing sensation from the weight of a full load when biking downhill. But other than that, it's a very handy little product. It is more secure and much less cumbersome than the original Avenir hitch that comes with the Avenir cargo trailer.
on March 21, 2011
Great replacement trailer hitch for using Schwinn or InStep Trailers on a higher-end bike.

The trailer-end if this hitch is exactly like that of the InStep hitches, goes into the aluminum bar. The part that goes on the bike is much smaller in diameter, so it goes on higher-end bikes that have a dropout that is effectively recessed compared to the tubes. Solved my problem! Great value.
on April 2, 2012
I had picked up a used Master Cycle bike trailer for free which, of course, was missing the hitch piece that attaches to the bike. So I bought this product and it worked great as a total replacement. As someone else mentioned, the hitch is black (which was fine with me). The only reason I gave this product four stars is because the carabiner latch on the safety strap got stuck, and I had to slightly bend the whole carabiner back into shape with a vice to get it to work properly. Other than that, I am very pleased with the product.
on March 5, 2013
All my trailers have a the Type B hitch, except the most recent one that I had purchased. I bought this, and swapped them out. The insert was a lot firmer than the others, so I bought more and swapped them all out.

There is an sensation while pulling a trailer over uneven terrain that is called 'trailering'. The bike feels like it is getting pushed and pulled while pedaling.

Once I got them swapped out, I immediately noticed the difference, and the 'trailering' effect was almost non existent.
on July 17, 2012
This replacement hitch was the perfect retrofit for my old Safety First "Kids on Board" bike trailer. My safety first trailer had a bracket that mounted on the frame. The bracket was always slipping and falling off, and then was eventually lost.

This hitch features an axle mount, which is easy to install, but necessitates wheel and brake adjustment. However, once it is on, you can leave the hitch on all the time, whether you are using the trailer or not. I have used it on multiple bikes with no issues.

This hitch will most likely work on any trailer system that uses a hollow round trailer bar, and I would highly recommend it!
on May 1, 2012
I got this to replace a missing hitch on an older Schwinn Joyrider trailer. This was the only standalone hitch I could find...I can't believe Schwinn didn't have the replacement parts to fix the older one. Anyways, I did have to modify the Schwinn trailer tongue by cutting it and re-drilling it accept the new hitch assembly, very simple to do. You need to do this to center the trailer behind your bike. Once that's done, hooking up the trailer and towing is easy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.