Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 192 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 197 reviews
on November 2, 2013
I bought this book for my son as a gift for his 2nd birthday. I chose it because he loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and recently light switches. It seemed like a match made in heaven for him and I was right! He loves turning on and off the lights and pressing the other buttons as well. He calls it his light book. His review would no doubt be 5 stars, but mine is 4 for the following reasons. The book isn't very long, I like for his books to be more than just a few pages. The only other issue I have with the book is the volume of the sounds, it's very loud with no options to turn it down. I feel like it's too loud when we are reading it as a bedtime book. With those two minor issues, I'm still giving the book a 4 star review due to the entertainment value it brings him!
on April 6, 2014
I was VERY disappointed and embarrassed to learn that this gift arrived without a working battery. I saw a few reviews saying that this happened to them, but when it is only a couple, I ignore them... however, this experience has made me think twice before I buy if there are comments about pieces missing or items not working.
on January 19, 2014
I bought this for my autistic two year old nephew. He's been obsessed with it, and I think the light switch is really the coolest part of this book. It's handy for letting kids practice turning lights on and off, and moving onto practicing with a real light switch. He's already got the hang of it. It's worth mentioning his six year old brother really loves the book as well. The light has an auto-off function after a couple of seconds, which is handy. The sound buttons are nice and loud. Overall, a really good purchase.
on January 10, 2015
My one year old son is obsessed with light switches, so I thought this book would be great for him. He really likes it and the sounds on the other buttons are cute - the light switch is a bit hard to turn on/off; however, he can do it, but he has to really work at it. I do not think it will be a problem when he gets older, though. Overall, this book is very cute - great colors, good sounds.
on December 14, 2012
My son has just discovered lights and how to turn them on or off. He loves this book. The light switch is big enough for him to use and the light really lights up. It will only stay on for about 10 seconds then will turn off to conserve battery life. We keep this in the car for him to read while we are driving.
on June 12, 2015
My two-year-old nephew loves Mickey -- and light switches -- so this was the perfect match. He likes the noises the buttons on the book make but the noises don't relate to the actual picture. Example: there's a button for a kite and telescope but those items don't have a sound in reality, so this book makes up a sound. Not very educational, but the kid likes it. Wish this book was fully narrated my Mickey Mouse like the other Mickey Mouse book I bought. I think the other book holds my nephew's attention better. I could see my nephew outgrowing this book soon. Wouldn't buy for an older kid but entertaining for 1-2 year-old.
on November 11, 2015
This book is so CHEAP. Most boys go through a stage where they want to turn lights on and off ALL THE TIME. The cover gives the impression it's a real light switch but it's just a push button ( and it's backwards - up for off and down for on) - not a switch errggghh....which is why I bought the book. Also, the light is so dim you can't tell it's on unless you're in the dark and then you can't read the book!! The sound buttons don't seem to make sense for the pictures either. This book could have the perfect gift for my grandson :(
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2016
Received book that was marked as good or great condition but looked like it had gone through the dryer. The sound buttons are terrible they don't make sense with the storyline. I assumed at least one of the buttons would be Mickey Mouse talking but it's not. My toddler was not a fan and neither am I
on October 14, 2015
This is a fun book. I bought it for my soon to be two year old. She loves it. She loves Mikey so when she spotted his picture she was excited. She also loves to flip the switch and turn the light on and off. The story is interesting and brief enough to hold her attention. I recommend this book to anyone with small children since they will most likely enjoy flipping the switch too.
on January 9, 2017
A hit for my daughter. She loves flipping the switch and pushing the buttons.