- Weight: 0.32 ounces
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Samsung S7 S7 Edge, S6 S6+ S6 Edge, S5, S4 & Nexus 10 9 7 4 Player + ALL OTHERS
|Price:||$4.19 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power
- Nexus 7 Galaxy S III & Galaxy Nexus
- Works With the Samsung i9300 Galaxy S 3
- Works With the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 10
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Samsung S7 S7 Edge, S6 S6+ S6 Edge, S5, S4 & Nexus 10 9 7 4 Player + ALL OTHERS
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||WinHong||UGREEN GROUP LIMITED||JEDirect||T & S Online||ALLUCKY|
|Compatible Devices||samsung galaxy s3, samsung galaxy s4, samsung galaxy s6 edge, lg nexus 4, nexus 6, lg nexus 5, samsung galaxy s7 edge||samsung galaxy s4, samsung galaxy s6 edge||samsung galaxy s5, samsung galaxy s3, samsung galaxy s4, samsung galaxy note 4, htc one x plus, samsung galaxy note 3, htc one x, lg nexus 4, lg nexus 5||Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsun Galaxy Note II, Samsun Galaxy Note 2||samsung galaxy s3, samsung galaxy s4, samsung galaxy 6, lg nexus 4, nexus 6, lg nexus 5|
Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Nexus 4 5 7 10 Galaxy Nexus & Samsung Galaxy S 3 III 4 IV 5 V
Top Customer Reviews
Now a few words to the wise about USB OTG: (some things you might not realize, though these are not specific to GMB's product rather some things all people buying USB OTG devices should know (written for Y cables))
1) If you have done your research you probably know this, but devices supporting USB OTG will supply power to the attached USB device. This power comes directly from the phone when there isn't an attached power source on the USB OTG Y cable. On most new Android smartphones this is acceptable as they are supported out of the box via software (custom Kernels and stock and custom ROMs sometimes) and via robust hardware that allows power to be supplied out the same pins on IC boards that the power flows in normally when charging.
This draw across the IC board regulating the power can however be a problem. Normal draw from the USB attached device is rated at USB 2.0 standards. This means that your phone is capable of supplying 500mA @ 5V of power. However a higher draw can possibly brick your phone. If you decide to use OTG without the Female Y port powered, you will want to keep your attached devices within a single USB 2.0 spec power draw. HOWEVER, it has come to my attention (and I have personally experienced) that even staying in the acceptable range of power supply on some phones (Only 1 I have found) will cause the IC power board to "pop", hard bricking the phone. This can occur regardless of your Root, Kernel, and ROM. NOTE: I HAVE ONLY FOUND THIS TO BE A PROBLEM ON THE GALAXY S3 AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO REPRODUCE IT CONSISTENTLY, BUT THE FORUMS SHOW THAT IT OCCURS VERY RARELY (look on XDA:[...] for more info. Personally I haven't let this put me off as it seems to be a very rare issue). I have also tested various other Samsung Galaxy products, LG, Nexus, and HTC and have only noticed the issue with the GS3. My suspicion is that the IC power board on the GS3 is just not robust enough to handle consistently flipping from charging the phone to providing power and gets weaker over time (this is my personal conjecture but it aligns with some XDAs users beliefs as well). With warranty, my bricked phone was replaced within the week.
2) Next is the reason for some people not noticing charging on their phones. THIS IS NOT THE CABLE'S FAULT! For a device to see itself as charging, a MINIMUM of ~500mA @ 5V (USB 2.0) must be supplied to the smartphone. The Y nature of this cable means that it is splitting the current to the USB device and the smartphone. When you split the current of a 500mA @ 5V charger, both devices attempt to get 250mA @ 5V. This is NOT enough to trigger charging recognition by most devices. Assuming a few things, like that you are using both USB 2.0 spec devices, that means to power both devices and have the smartphone recognize charging, you need 1000mA (1A) to be supplied to the female micro USB port. Now this is where things get... interesting. By USB standards, High speed data transmission can only occur while the phone is getting 500mA. However there is a fast charge standard (Charging Downstream Port standards) that will allow charging currents up to 1500mA and change Voltage being used in data communication. This is all fine and dandy but the only thing is that your attached USB device might not like the higher currents or communications Voltage. (though I did not experience this problem, I am attempting to inform as much as possible from my understanding and experiences) Basically this all boils down to, If you want to use the USB OTG device AND charge your phone, make sure that your power supplied is not too small or too large for the devices attached, rather, just right.
3) Last, if your USB device isn't recognized, make sure it is formatted correctly, as most Android devices specify the format style to be specific (FAT seems most universal out of the box, but apps you can download can mount others). Consult the internet about this or how to format.
THIS IS A REVIEW AND NOT A TUTORIAL. I am not responsible for anything you do with your device. I merely wished to address 3 issues people have to make comprehensive and a quality review and also to educate people on OTG devices before they possibly incorrectly blame the cable being sold for problems.
See attached pictures
A) connect cable to phone, connect external USB device, connect power
Power will ONLY be routed to the external USB device
B) connect cable to phone, connect power cable, WAIT until phone is charging, connect external USB device
Phone will charge and at the same time provide power to USB device
This has been tested several times on a stock Verizon S3
So why no 5 stars?
The cable connector housing is molded in soft rubber material
The moldings were so bad that I had to take an x-acto-knife to remove the burrs
This is definitely not a durable or well finished product but I'm happy that it can charge the phone and provide power to the external USB simultaneously
For people who are looking for IR control check to see if your TV support CEC. This will allow your TV remote to control the Amazon Fire TV and Stick. Almost all functions work my Sharp TV has issues with the home and back buttons.
1.) Dose YOUR device support otg function. Also more importantly dose it support otg function WHILE charging(my sheild did not support charging wile using otg function till a update, were the release notes stated it as a suported function).
2.)What type of usb device do you plan to use with the cable dose it have high power requirements if so will your tablet or phone get any power?
3.)When buying items from sellers other than amazon are they a reputable seller with good feed back or are you getting a knock off? I state this due to this is not sold from amazon at all and there are about 100 sellers with ruputations from 100% positive to 1%.