Micro Solution Digital Camera Anti-Reflection Anti-Fingerprint HD Display Protection Film (Pro Guard ARSH) for Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 // DCDPF-PGOLYMOMDEM-A
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This product is for Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3. Our products are made of excellent quality in Japan by Micro Solution. More information on this and other Micro Solution products can be found at microsolutionusa.com.
- Micro Solution's display protection films utilize the most advanced coating technology available anywhere in the world. Our products are consistently rated the highest, and are the best-sellers in Japan. Our films work on both regular displays and touch-screens.
- It is easy to apply our film on a display without causing air bubbles. The most important thing before applying the film is to clean the display surface thoroughly. We include 2 sheets of highly effective dust removers in each package.
- All films are anti-fingerprint of different degrees. Even if you see fingerprints on a film, they are on a surface and it's very easy to wipe it off with the full-size, high-quality microfiber cloth we include in each package.
- This product comes with 2 sets of protective films, a (washable) full-size, high-quality microfiber cloth and 2 sheets of highly effective lint/dust remover. Instructions are in Japanese. If you have any problem using this product, please go to our Website for instructions in English. We use eco-friendly simple packaging for all our products.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Weight||0.07 pounds|
|Package Height||1.7 x 3.4 x 5.4 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.2 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
I've used the Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector for my iPhone and laptop before and I always found it difficult to apply (I'd always get air bubbles) and it would always begin to peel after several months. The Micro Solution screen protector is more of a hard plastic (versus the Zagg protector which was more of like a thick saran wrap) which makes it a lot easier to apply. You have to be very careful however to make sure the surface is dust free because even a single speck of dust will cause the screen to form a bubble around it when you apply it. You can see it in the image I uploaded.
The screen protector does easily collect smudges on it from your finger and face (when you're looking through the viewfinder) but it's easy to wipe off with just your tee-shirt which is great because with the OM-D I touch the screen a lot and I don't need to worry about scratching the screen with my tee-shirt with this protector on. When it's clean you can't even tell that the protector is on the screen.
There are 2 screen protectors included in the box (which is great in case you mess up applying it the first time), a thick micro-fiber cloth and 2 stickers to remove dust.
I'll update this review if I find that it begins to peel in a few months but I don't think it will, it seems to be stuck on there pretty good.
Consider not even removing the cloth from its sleeve, since that disperses the fibers onto your working surface, into the air, onto the screen and your fingers.
Instead, use something like a Zeiss wipe, followed by a Pec Pad, or with your favorite lens cleaner followed by a REAL microfiber cloth before applying the screen protector. If you own an Oly OM-D then you probably have one or more of these things already. Use the free cloth to wipe your rear-view mirror or wine glasses (after you have put it through the wash).
I'm not that wild about the screen protector anyway, since it seems to smudge more than the screen itself. Seems that the protector has built up a pretty fair number of linear marks that appear to be scuffs and scratches over the last eight weeks. Nevertheless, I use the heck out of my OM-D and need something between the display and the outside world.
Update: In the first few months of using the screen cover I noticed blemishes appear. At first I thought bubbles had formed underneath the screen cover, but on closer inspection it appears that an anti-reflective coating has worn off. This coating has been completely worn away at the bottom of the screen and remains intact at the top edge of the screen close to the electronic view finder. This suggests to me that in using a sling-like camera strap causes the camera screen to partially rub against clothing causing the loss of the anti-reflective coating. It's very unsightly when the screen is off, but the loss of coating doesn't negatively affect viewing the screen when it is on. This is the first screen protector I have used of the two that I received. I have not replaced it as it still functions to protect the screen from scratches. I have not contacted the manufacture. The camera was under heavy use during a three week trip, however I don't think the use was outside the range of what can be expected for this durable, high-quality camera. I have taken a picture of the product in its current state, and I will try to figure out how to provide that for interested parties.
After 1 month, though, there are several bubbles and scratches—the camera has been in a case, so the screen protector hasn't been abused—it just seems like a really low-quality film (which is frustrating to have spent $15 on).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Protects my touch screen.
It did get a bit scratched up after a few months, but that's what its for.
The product has twice developed bubbles between the sandwiched materials, and a strange moire pattern across its surface. I hike in altitudes around 8,000 ft with this camera. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Pilot Mark in Arizona, USA
Luckily, there was two in the packet. First set failed after only a few days. I later found out I installed it incorrectly, didn't follow instructions. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Nelson Y. Yoshimoto
This came with 2 sheets/protectors which was nice, but neither of them would seal completely up against the camera screen. Read morePublished 17 months ago by E-Rider
This is still the standard for screen protection for me. I have used one on my E-M1 for over a year now with pro-type use in Alaskan dogsledding conditions to desert sands, and it... Read morePublished 18 months ago by R. Strack
A surprisingly amazing screen protector.
It was so easy to put on and was a bubble free setup.
Performs as advertised and protects camera LCD while allowing use of touch screen functions. Product was easy to apply and fitment was nearly perfect. Read morePublished 21 months ago by DONALD JACKSON