Kahtoola MICROspikes Footwear Traction
- Award-winning traction digs in and grabs icy terrain
- Great for winter trail running, hiking, and ice fishing
- 12 Stainless Steel spikes (3/8 inch length) per foot on all sizes
- Weight Per Pair: Small 11 oz., Medium 12 oz., Large 13 oz., Extra Large 14 oz.
- Please refer to Kahtoola sizing chart included in product images. 2 Year Warranty. Shoes not included.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Kahtoola Traction System was developed by hand in a small family workspace called “The Shop” in 1999 and set the direction of our company to develop outdoor products that matter. The KTS was the result of founder and owner Danny Giovale wanting to improve safety for snowy alpine approaches based on his personal experience climbing, and desire to create a product that would get people where they want to go and add a new level of security and performance to lightweight flexible footwear.
HIKE, TREK AND EXPLORE
Lighter and tougher, the new MICROspikes deliver unrivaled traction on icy winter trails. With stainless steel spikes and welded chains tough enough to handle any adventure, they are now designed with an integrated toe bale and reinforced eyelets, allowing for a 50% lower profile elastomer harness.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Each spike is made from heat-treated stainless steel making them durable and corrosion resistant.
- ADDED SECURITY: Integrated toe bail made from TPU material provides added security and prevents the toe from pushing through the front of the elastomer harness.
- EXTRA TRACTION: Chain and link components are designed to move independently and prevent snow buildup, while ensuring reliable performance and additional traction.
- EASY REMOVAL: Raised heel tab allows for easy pull-back and removal.
Each of the 12 spikes are made from a durable and corrosion resistant stainless steel.
Stainless Steel Chains
Welded stainless steel chains ensure reliable performance, durability, and provide additional traction.
Patented eyelet design prevents tearing at each connection point, allowing the elastomer band to be lighter and stronger.
Elastomer bands have a low profile and are ergonomically shaped for a secure fit that remains stretchy in cold temperatures, down to -22°F (-30°C).
|NANOSpikes||EXOspikes||MICROSpikes||K-10 Crampons||KTS Crampons|
|Use||Hiking, Road Running, Walking||Trail running, hiking||Hiking, Trail Running and Ice Fishing||Hiking and Non-Technical Mountaineering||Hiking, Non-Technical Mountaineering, Backpacking and Fastpacking|
|Terrain||Pavement and Urban||Mountain trails and roads||Trails||Rugged Trails and Glaciers||Rugged Trails and Glaciers|
|Conditions||Ice, Packed Snow||Ice and packed snow, dirt, mud, rocks||Ice, Packed Snow, Rocky with Mixed Snow and Ice||Ice, Packed Snow, Rockey with Mixed Snow and Ice||Ice, Packed Snow, Rockey with Mixed Snow and Ice|
|Spike Length (inches)||0.21"||0.29"||3/8"||3/4"||1"|
|Spike Material||Tungsten Carbide||Tungsten Carbide||Stainless Steel||Chromoly Steel||Chromoly Steel|
|Spikes Per Foot||10||12||12||10||10|
|Weight Per Pair||7.2 - 9.0 oz||6.6 oz - 8.1 oz||11.0 - 13.5 oz||21.5 oz||23.3 oz|
|Details||Low Profile + Ultralight||Versatile + Tough||Versatile + Tough||Lightweight + Fast||Versatile + Optimized Packability|
From the beginning, we made a commitment to social and environmental responsibility, assuring any success we enjoy is shared by our communities both near and far. This brings us energy and makes the journey a lot more fun. One project that we are proud of is Kahtoola for the People. This program grants 1% of Kahtoola’s annual sales to support indigenous cultures and fund projects that improve communities, healthcare, education and the environment. Three times a year we award grants ranging from 250 up to 10,000 dollars.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 8 x 6 x 3 inches; 12.8 Ounces
- Item model number : KT02-16-FG06
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : February 16, 2015
- Manufacturer : Kahtoola
- ASIN : B00RXXHP28
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,213 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tried getting them to live up to their warranty by sending for an RME and following up with phone calls but no response after 2+ month of trying.
A defective product with no customer service
1. the minute i walked in them... no it was my first step.... i felt more stable. you couldn't slip if you wanted to. (i tried on lumpy ice and thick smooth ice) i am 62 years old and when i fall i feel it all the way up into my brain.... it rattles me... and what if i break a hip!
2. no leg or backaches from tension
3. could walk uphill and downhill easily.
4. easy to put on. there is a tab that you can pull on. and the rubber doesn't slip. i lost a yaktrak in the snow once. these are not going to come off my feet.
5. spikes are positioned so when i bend my foot there is still traction in the front
6. the bag they provide is great... not sure how long it is going to last though.
the only one i can think of is the price but really... my health and well being is worth it.
My husband wore his yesterday. He loves them.
However, my friend somehow managed to snap the rubber in two places the first day on the trail! Crazy, right? Mine have held up fine, and I’ve never heard of it happening to anyone else so soon, so it must have been a defect.
Comfort-wise I found them to be too constricting over the toes and it became painful to wear for a prolonged period of time. I was wearing Solomon trail runners. Also after a while, you really start to feel the metal on the soles of your feet. Green feet insoles should help with that.
The HUGE problem with these is they are being sold to use for hiking and they absolutely tear up trails. Popular Hawaii trails are being seriously impacted. I wish people would use them more sparingly and responsibly. For that reason I’ve decided to stop using mine altogether.
The product still deserves 4/5 for quality, functionality, and effectiveness. But I challenge you to hike as much and as far as you can, without them.
Top reviews from other countries
Buying these from a company in America meant waiting 2 weeks for delivery which bore a German postmark but these were far cheaper than any other advertised site, came in the correct box with a Tote sack so well pleased with this purchase.
Used for fell walking in the Lake District when snow and ice are on the fells, no other item can match these, highly recommended.
Will fit up to size 5 UK boot.
I have used them on numerous hikes in the woods and I feel more confident and comfortable waling on ice & snow covered ground. Compared to when I used cheaper traction crampons that did not provide as good a grip and kept falling off my boots.
I am very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend them for people that enjoy hiking in the woods when the ground is frozen and/or slippery. Please note since I have purchased these crampons, I have not lost my footing during slippy conditions however, there is always a chance that you could loss your footing and injure yourself. Please be careful when hiking on slippery/ice covered ground.
In my opinion, they are a little expensive but worth the extra cost!