- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B0030I3Y48
- Item model number: 855333000
- Average Customer Review: 420 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#63,475 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- #25 in Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Camping & Hiking > Footwear & Accessories > Traction Cleats
- #30 in Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Climbing > Mountaineering & Ice Equipment > Avalanche Safety Gear
- #36 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry > Shoe, Jewelry & Watch Accessories > Shoe Care & Accessories > Ice & Snow Grips
Kahtoola MICROspikes Traction System
|Price:||$44.99 - $196.71|
- Sizing for running shoes/hiking boots: [X-Small-Youth 1-4] [Small-Youth 4.5-7, Women 5.5-8.5] [Medium-Women 8.5+,Men 7-10.5] [Large-Men 10.5-14] [X-Large-Men 14-16]
- Sizing for insulated boots: [Medium-Women 7.5-10, Men 6-8.5] [Large - Women 10-12.5,Men 8.5-11] [X-Large-Men 11-13.5]
- 3/8" spikes are constructed of hardened stainless steel for maximum durability
- Tough elastomer shoe harness secures easily without straps and provides a snug and secure fit
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Kahtoola’s MICROspikes are a pocket-sized traction system that allow anyone, of any age, to get out and safely enjoy winter. These slip-on spikes dig into all types of terrain — ice, packed snow, wet rocks, concrete, and scree. Extremely durable, they attach securely to your footwear and require no special buckles or straps.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One note about sizing. If you look at their size chart, for hiking boots, Medium size is marked for men's 7-10.5 and Large size for men's 10.5-14 when sizing for hiking boots. I happen to wear a size 10.5. I ordered the Medium size first, hoping to fit them over my hiking boots (Treksta Assault Goretex), and when I received them, found them to only just barely reach around the back of my outsole. I thought this might be the case, and had allowed for enough time to order the Large to replace them (and I gave my Medium set to my friend (size 9 men) who would be joining me on the aforementioned trek). The Large fit much better around my hiking boot, which I would describe as a heavy trekking (but not insulated) boot. Just an fyi for anyone who may fall right between the sizing cracks. Hope this helps!
I am a big guy, 10+ hours a week, my spikes get a lot more use than if I just used them on a vacation only once. I wore out two of the bars underneath that connect the chains to the spikes. When the first bar broke I did a home repair. When the second bar broke I called Kahtoola for a few replacement bars.
For insurance reasons they were not comfortable with my home repairs, and for the same reasons did not want to send me replacement bars. They did however send me a free replacement set and repaired my first set for free, putting me one set ahead.
That is an 11 on a scale from 1-10 for customer service. I was once reluctant to shell out this much money for a set of ice spikes but now that I own several pair I can say that the quality of the Kahtoola easily justifies the cost.
January and February (2015) this year has been a bad year weather wise in PA. Having survived a few expensive falls in the past, before Kahtoola were part of my daily routine, I will only offer that the few dollars spent on quality Kahtoolas are a pittance compared to pain and expense of one minor fall.
& Amy at Kahtoola Customer Service is the very best,
What made me buy these were an injury to my wife, one year, she slipped on top of concrete stairs in front of an commercial building entrance that was neglected and not salted, tumbled down the concrete stairs, injuring her sciatic nerve and nearly paralyzing her lower body. When that accident hit close to home and we witnessed the after effects of it, we decided to be more careful. You can go through your whole life without a serious fall but if a serious fall does occur, it can change your life drastically. This opened our eyes and we would be foolish to not do anything to avoid it if possible, going forward.
Please click YES if my review have been helpful to you, it will encourage me to continue writing and updating my reviews, and leave a comment if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can be of help.
Given the right conditions, I rate these 5 stars. But in the wrong conditions, they are nearly useless. You've been warned.