Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 9, 2013
I love the product in that it keeps my computer up to par! I have had no problems in running the program and plus the company allow me to have an a recent upgrade after buying an older version. I will be buying more product from them.
on December 14, 2012
I like This product. I bought it because I had some issues with being "broken in to" using the same password- Yes it can happen to you! Hacksters got into my bank accounts, gmail, just everything on my computer. I bought this thinking it would help and it is really for something else but I still like it a lot. I just tent to forget I have it and forget to use it. It is a little pricy but I guess you get what you pay for.

Thanks
on April 5, 2013
Perhaps more tools than I need. I'm not sure how all the tests work yet. I don't know how several of them work.
on September 19, 2013
I have my own domain which means I can whip up a new email address anytime I want. I use this as a system to track which companies sell my address, and congratulations, you have joined a surprisingly small number of companies that somehow think selling out their clientele for a couple bucks makes some financial sense. Here's one:

--------------

To: techtoolpro@*******.com
Hi techtoolpro, find Your Love in Asia

Take your love to new limits on AsianDating and connect with stunning Ladies throughout the Orient.
Plug into a new international dating lifestyle and discover more beauties, more romance and more attention than you'll ever find at home.

[ some spam content deleted... ]

Make dating a breath of fresh air this spring...

FIND LOVE IN ASIA!

----------------------

To return the favor, I will make every effort to avoid using and recommending your software in my IT business...
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 4, 2011
I have used TechTool for many years and generally feel it has been an outstanding product. It has saved my hide on numerous occasions. BUT, TechTool 6 (version 6.0.1) has corrupted two computers for me, requiring reformatting and starting over from system install. Highly recommend sitting on the sidelines for version updates.
32 helpful votes
33 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on April 28, 2011
After 6 versions, you'd think they would have made their product easy to use. But it's not.
I ran a check on File Structure. It said there were numerous errors and listed all of them but there was no button and no menu option to choose for repairing those errors. Why wouldn't they have a big red Repair button on the screen?
That was in the Test section. I went to the Tools section hoping there would be something there to fix the file structure, but the only tool there that had "file" in its name was "file optimization" which is not what I need. So now I know I've got a problem but the software gives no clue on how to fit it.
Then I tried to create an "eDrive" but now after twice clicking on the "Create eDrive" button, it says an error occurred and to try again. It doesn't say what kind of error or what needs to be done, just "try again." I imagine that no matter how many more times I try, I'll keep getting the same message.
If you want an easy, intuitive way to maintain your computer, this software is not it.
24 helpful votes
25 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on March 17, 2012
Once your hard drive is failing, it may be too late to do anything about it and then it crashes and you just forgot to back up your work this month. However, this wonderful software tool alerts you when things are starting to go wrong with your hard drives and ALL the hardware and files on your Mac. It will even send you an email. It is the same tool the Mac repair shops use and charge you $95. per hour to diagnose and/or install something like a new DVD drive. If they have to do data recovery and cloning onto new drives it's $200-300. and up.

I was lazy about my flaky DVD drive, so I had no way to boot from a DVD and optimize or fix the file structures on my boot drive for my G5 PPC. I couldn't even back up using Retrospect. However, my old version of TechTools 4 alerted me that things were starting to go bad. So I backed-up important files onto thumb and firewire drives.

I just got a new Superdrive here on Amazon, made a diagnostic boot DVD using this software (upgraded from Version 4 to 6) and I can completely analyze all my drives, files and hardware. Whew... I can even stave off the eventual crash a while by keeping up with my file directories and optimization. Drives ALL eventually DO fail, since like tires, they DO wear out. It's just a matter of how unexpected and thus disastrous it will be.

Your dentist tells you to floss and if you don't, you know what may happen. With a computer like mine where I make half my yearly income, loosing a hard drive unexpectedly can cost me a lot of work and even a client. Get this tool, set it up to alert you when indications are not good and do your monthly file maintenance, optimization and then back-up. You will not be sorry. This tool has basically alerted me to get ready to clone my boot drive in the next weeks and replace two drives (boot drive and storage drive) since in about 4 years of daily heavy use, they're showing signs of wear (bad blocks and speed issues).

Get this software. It works for PPC or Intel Macs. It's easy to use. You'll not be sorry.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on January 22, 2013
My external hard drive was new and I was ready to create a back up.
Techtool 6 corrupted it entirely.
I had to reformat the HD and of course lost all my files.
But I can assure you, Techtool was trashed right away.
NEVER AGAIN!!!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.