Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 187 reviews
on September 29, 2016
I wear these gloves when using a box grater or my mandoline. I have cut myself so may times on the grater it's ridiculous. These gloves are comfy and keep my fingers safe and sound. Perfect for oyster shucking. I wipe them off and put them away for the next time. Love them!!
on July 10, 2014
Simply put, this is an easy-on / easy-off glove that you can grab out of a drawer and throw on when your slicing rolls in half or cutting vegetables that will help to keep your hands safe. It's flexible, comfortable, and easy to use - which is the most important thing because if it was hard to get on you probably wouldn't bother with it. Keep in mind it's more for slicing than stabbing, so if you were shucking oysters and you slammed the knife into the palm of your hand you'd still get hurt, but for everything else it's a great safety net. If you have a clumsy friend, this might make a great gift.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 1, 2011
GENUINE OR FAKE?
I was cautious about purchasing this items because many previous older reviews reported that the gloves were some off-brand, not Microplane. However, the packaging and a label sewn to the glove bears the Microplane logo, so I presume that Amazon has fixed the supplier problem, and these are genuine. Caveat, according to the label "Made in China".

FIT
Size: According to the Amazon description "one size fits all", which usually means, "it may fit" if you are a "medium"-whatever. In this case, the backside of the packaging says "Size M/L" which I presume means "medium to large". Maybe "medium to large" children's hands. I'd describe the glove as medium-small. I am a guy with slightly smaller-than-average size hands. The glove fits my hand quite snugly---it takes a bit of effort to work it on. Snug is much better than loose for this purpose---it means a secure grip. The glove fits my wife's slightly smaller hand well.

Right / Left: Fits right or left hand---because it is a "flat" design, i.e., it does not perfectly fit either hand. Stretchiness is supposed to make up the difference, and does, fairly well. Nevertheless, if I were wearing the glove all-day long, I'd prefer a true right-hand or left-hand glove.

Bulkiness: From other reviews, I was concerned that the glove would be bulky. It is a knit glove, so some bulkiness is inevitable, but the bulkiness is minimal. (Knit is good, it means no bulky seams inside the fingers). However, knit also means that theads can snag and pull, and if cut, can leave holes. So you need to be cautions with "snaggy" surfaces, including mandolins with upright cross-cut blades.

USE
It is significant that the glove is sold by Microplane, which otherwise is a grater/zester manufacturer. When I bought the glove, I investigated Microplane, and was impressed with the rave reviews. I needed a good zester, and so, I bought a Microplane. Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater It is TERRIFIC, and sharp as a razor. Before using it, I couldn't imagine why one would need a cutting glove to zest a lemon. Well, maybe not zesting a lemon, but if you use it to grate nutmeg or garlic, you'll need to be VERY careful, or use the glove. If you are a cook, or there is a cook in your life, there is no better $15 gift than a Microplane grater or zester.

So far, I haven't tried the glove with my mandolin---but then, I haven't been cut for 5 years (without a glove) using the mandolin---so I do not expect to be in a position to report on its effectiveness soon.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask a question.
on August 19, 2017
I Love It.
on August 29, 2013
This is one-size fits all. I wear a medium, and it is perfect. It does fit both hands.

It rinses out easily and dries overnight.

I wear it for grating. It makes me feel safer as I've taken off big slices of my fingers when my veggies get too close to the end!

Yesterday, grating some carrots using this glove, I got too close and the glove got scraped. It still hurt a little, but thanks to the glove, no blood and no broken skin. When I took the glove off, I couldn't even see where I scratched my hand. So, yay for protection!
on September 22, 2015
If you cut, slice, chop or shred anything using knives or mandoline or grater you should purchase these. I had a very old pair and one finally got a hole in the end of a finger. These new gloves are great. Light weight and fit nicely without being too large on my hands. They are big enough to fit my husbands huge hands also. I wear them now when peeling anything also as I have ripped my hands on peelers as well.
on March 28, 2016
Saw this while looking at mandolines for my daughter who badly slashed her left hand while using an ultra sharp ceramic knife (cut between thumb and forefinger- required several stitches at ER) and has been leery of using the knife since then. She is happy to have this. P.s..I also got her the little OXO mandoline for slicing onions, etc.
on June 22, 2013
I have had this glove for over a year, and it has been a finger saver. I wear a medium golf glove, and this glove is a SNUG fit, so if you wear a large, you might want to chose a different glove. Mine does have a small hole at the end of the index finger, but the rest of the glove is still intact, and so are my fingers. That means the glove did it's job, by keeping MY fingertips from getting cut off. It is well worth the price. I don't let the glove touch food for sanitation reasons, so I wear a purple Nitrile glove over it. I not only use it with my V-slicer, but with my knives as well. I would definitely recommend this glove.
on May 6, 2016
A gift for my Daughter and she loves it.
on April 9, 2013
I've had this glove for over and year and use it weekly. I use it mostly when I hand grate cheese and don't want to use the food processor. It has saved my fingers from many a knick or slice. It fits nicely and gives you a good grip on whatever you are grating/slicing. The best part, I throw it in the washing machine with towels/wash cloths and let it air dry. It's good as new and doesn't hold any odor. I've been very happy with it and would highly recommend.