Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Microplane 40020 Zester Grater Made in USA Stainless Steel Blade for Zesting Citrus and Grating Cheese - Plastic Handle - Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Ultra Sharp Made in USA blades: Microplane uses photo-etched technology to make ultra sharp grating blades right here in America! BPA free plastic handle.
- Zest Citrus: The blade is designed with a specific tooth set that takes the flavorful rind directly off the citrus fruit, while leaving behind the bitter white pith. Zest adds flavor to vinaigrettes, stir fries, salads, and baked goods!
- Grate Cheese: Grate parmesan into fluffy mounds that melt quickly and look beautiful when treating yourself of family to rustic bowls of pasta. Sprinkle fresh parmesan over eggs, salads, or any dish for a burst of flavor.
- Surgical Grade Stainless Steel: this material stays rust-free and maintains sharpness over time. True stainless steel is magnetic, so this item can be hung on your magnetic knife strip.
- Dishwasher Safe: The tool is easy to clean, simply rinse immediately after use. Use a kitchen brush on the underside of the blade to clean out tough to reach particles. The zester/grater can also be placed in the dishwasher.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Microplane Classic Original Zester Grater
A versatile must-have tool for the kitchen
This tool is normally used to grate citrus for perfect lemon, lime, and orange zests or to create pillowy mounds of Parmesan cheese. However, it is also a great tool for grating spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and even chilies into fresh ground powders. If your dish requires fresh grated ginger or garlic, this tool will do that job as well. Customers have let us know that they even use this tool to remove burnt edges from cookies and bread. What will you use it for?
Used and supported by chefs worldwide.
Microplane is the standard for sharp, efficient grating and zesting in both home and professional kitchens - just ask any chef if they use a Microplane! Dining out anywhere will usually lead to a Microplane sighting.
I love my Microplane!
Working for Microplane, everyone comes up to you and tells you a story about how much they love their Microplane! People say "It changed my life", "I'm such a better cook now - so much more confident" or "I lost weight because I use my Microplane to add flavor without adding fat - just by adding zest." Others say they use less cheese because the feathery grated results give the illusion of more.
Why is Sharper Better?
- Food is grated or zested without ripping or tearing which improves the look of the final dish
- Food is grated or zested without bruising which improves flavor and aroma
- Less pressure is required while grating - making the task faster and more efficient
What Makes a Microplane So Sharp?
Photo-etching and surgical grade stainless steel. Microplane began using this signature technology of photo-etching in the 1990's. Most of the competition to this day uses stamped or cut metal - because it is cheaper to produce. Photo-etching creates a much finer point, which means your Microplane digs in and performs better.
From the Woodshop to the Kitchen
The big moment came in 1994 when a Canadian homemaker picked up a new woodworking tool, in complete frustration over using a dull grater for the preparation of an orange cake recipe. Sliding the orange across the Microplane tool, she was amazed at how beautifully it worked, with total ease, speed and efficiency. At this point, Microplane crossed over from the woodshop to the kitchen and in a short period of time has earned a permanent place in the kitchen. Today, culinary professionals and savvy home cooks consider Microplane to be an essential kitchen tool for food preparation.
The made in USA blade will provide lasting results. Above is a photo showing many of the different items you can zest or grate with your Microplane. Next to each item is a pile of grated or zested foods so you can see what the results look like.