Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 134 reviews
on February 4, 2016
The zester I received is not a genuine Microplane as shown in the pictures, but a knockoff. It lacks the logo that is clearly visible in the ad
review image
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2016
The quality of Microplanes has really gone down since they first appeared. The handle on this one feels like it will last less than 6 months (TBD), and it gets water into it every time I wash it (which I do by hand). If I forget to drain it upside-down, I end up getting dishwater onto whatever I'm eating. The rasp itself is still sharp, but I avoid using it because of the chintzy handle.
on June 19, 2012
I just finished volunteering at the 30th Annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, CO and was able to use this zester while volunteering (in exchange for the pass to go). I worked on the best new chefs volunteer crew and we had to zest 2 cases of limes! The only zester they had was this model and I can tell you that after fully zesting half a case of limes that these really hold up well! I had full control over where I was zesting, the zester didn't pickup much if any of the pith of the lime, truly only the outer layer of the rind that you want to zest. I also own other microplane products so I know it will stand up to the test of time. I was unsure if I would need one of these before using it at the Food & Wine Classic, but after seeing how easily the long handled zester gets the zest off of the citrus, I realized I would LOVE to have one of these! The best way to use it we all found was to use it upside down, holding the line/orange/lemon in one hand, stationary, and runnning the zester over it with the other hand. In this method the zester is upside down and the underisde of it acts as a catch for the zest you are taking off. This method also makes the zester work like an eraser on the citrus, letting you more easily and evenly remove ALL of the rind from the citrus ... it gives you more control overall and it catches the zest for you. Buy this, you won't be disappointed!
on April 7, 2017
Love it. Should've bought it years ago. It's a little difficult to clean since it's so sharp, so I just rinse it immediately after using it so there aren't any food particles crusted on that require scrubbing. I use it for cheese and lemon zest. Zesting lemons has never been easier.
on July 21, 2016
I'm not sure how I never had one of these before. I appreciate cheese, and being able to easily grate it on this is exponentially better than buying pre shredded cheese. My home cooking life has been changing because of this wonderful little tool--the soft curls of cheese that fall from it are just perfect! Thank you Microplane!

I also use it for garlic and ginger root, but mostly cheese. I'm sure as my cooking repertoire expands I'll be making more use of it!
on January 30, 2015
I just used this. WOW! It was SO easy to zest my lemon and so much fun that I just zested an orange for the heck of it!
This is my first official zester; I have always used my smallest grater for this job. So, it's possible that my delight is just a matter of having the right tool for the job.
Why did I pick this one? I wanted a made in the USA product which sadly doesn't seem to exist. That said, the blade IS labeled US made. Then, I loved that I could have a red one. Silly, I know, but the red is just fun for me. It also stands out in my drawer. The grip is nice, it feels good in my hand (averaged sized lady hand), and it was easy to grip while I used it.
It is sharp! I know I will sound like your mother here, but honestly - PLEASE - be careful with this tool. I kind of grazed a knuckle on it: Ouch!
I am storing mine in the plastic sleeve which came with it. I did find it a little challenging to slide the zester back into the sleeve.
I am completely satisfied! Wish I had purchased this years ago..
on April 30, 2016
This is a very good microplane zester. I had been wanting a zester for some time, and after reading some reviews on amazon, I settled on this particular one. I am no disappointed in the least. In fact, I'm very happy with this product overall. The handle is quite big and plush. It's got some squeeze to it and you can get a really good grip with it. The little rubber stoppers at the tip of the zester allow you to place it on a cutting board, table, or counter tap without it slipping at all. I mainly use this zester for hard cheeses and the occasional lemon/lime. For these purposes, it works extremely well. I definitely recommend this zester. You will be quite happy with it.
on June 21, 2017
Can't say I know a lot about these things but, it seems to be as sharp as it should be. It works well for what it is. Could be a little sturdier though.
on March 16, 2012
I put off purchasing one of these for quite a while. Finely got one and I will never again use the fine side of my box grator for the small jobs. I've used this tool for some time now, and I can attest to the fact that it is sturdy and worth the price. The file is stainless steel and the grates are extreemly sharp. The handle is solid with a non-slip surface. This product comes with a useful plastic guard that slides over the sharp grates enabling you to store it safely in the utility drawer. It produces a nice fine grate. I've used it for zesting citris, grating garlic, ginger root,nutmeg, horseradish root, hard cheses like parmesan and softer cheeses like cheddar. In my opinion anyones who likes to cook should have one of these.
on March 13, 2014
Microplane oh microplane where have you been all my life? How many years have I struggled trying to make a lemon zest with my box or flat grater, rubbing and rubbing the lemon (or cheese or whatever) across the tiny holes only to have very little zest come off the lemon and what little I did grate was mostly stuck to the grater?

This microplane is a dream. With this wonderful tool I can make tiny shreds of lemon peel or parmesan cheese in just seconds. Soon the poor lemon is bare of its peel; never have I achieved such zesting perfection before! Very little sticks to the microplane, and what does can be easily tapped off or whisked off with a finger on the back side. None sticks to the cutting side. I have made the most delicious lemon cakes since acquiring this tool. It comes with a sturdy case, you have to squeeze the sides to get the microplane to slide into it, but you really must do this to store it as it is a very sharp instrument. It is worth every penny and I plan to buy a larger size very soon.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.