Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Microplane Premium Zester Grater-Made in USA Stainless Steel Blade-for zesting Citrus and Grating Cheese-Soft Touch Handle-Red
Discount Provided by Amazon.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Zest Citrus: The blade is designed with a specific tooth set that takes the flavorful rind directly off the citrus fruit, while leaving behind the bitter white pith. Zest adds flavor to vinaigrettes, stir fries, salads, and baked goods! Change your life, with a little zest!
- Grate Cheese: Grate parmesan into fluffy mounds that melt quickly and look beautiful when treating yourself of family to rustic bowls of pasta. Sprinkle fresh parmesan over eggs, salads, or any dish for a burst of flavor. Grate other hard cheeses like Asiago, Pecorino and Padano.
- So Many USES: grate ginger and garlic into a minced pastes to flavor many popular foods. Create ground spices from whole hard cinnamon or nutmeg. Use to shave a cork down to fit back into a bottle - even scrape off burnt or dark spots from cookies, scones, and toast. The possibilities are endless.
- Ultra Sharp Made in USA blades: Microplate uses photo-etched technology to make ultra sharp grating blades right here in America! Made of surgical grade stainless steel this material stays rust-free and maintains sharpness over time. True stainless steel is magnetic, so this item can be hung on your magnetic knife strip. Non-scratch end tabs help protect counter tops
- Dishwasher Safe: The tool is easy to clean, simply rinse immediately after use. Use a kitchen brush on the underside of the blade to clean out tough to reach particles. The zester/grater can also be placed in the dishwasher.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Microplane Premium Classic Zester Graters
A versatile must-have tool for the kitchen!
This tool is normally used to grate citrus for perfect lemon, lime, and orange zests or to create pillowy mounds of parmesan cheese. However, it is also a great tool for grating spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and even chilies into fresh ground powders. If your dish requires fresh grated ginger or garlic, this tool will do that job as well. Customers have let us know that they even use this tool to remove burnt edges from cookies and bread. What will you use it for?
What is the difference between Original Classic and Premium Classic?
The Premium Classic Zester Grater by Microplane provides a soft touch handle, instead of hard plastic. In addition this line provides a choice of handle colors. You can expect the same grating or zesting experience with either tool.
Why is Sharper Better?
- Food is grated or zested without ripping or tearing which improves the look of the final dish
- Food is grated or zested without bruising which improves flavor and aroma
- Less pressure is required while grating - making the task faster and more efficient
What makes Microplane so sharp?
Do Chef's use Microplane?
The Microplane is the standard for sharp, efficient grating and zesting in both home and professional kitchens - just ask any chef if they use a Microplane! Dining out anywhere will usually lead to a Microplane sighting.
Photo-etching and surgical grade stainless steel
Microplane began using this signature technology in the 1990's. Most tools use stamped or cut metal. Photo-etching creates a much finer point, which means your Microplane digs in and performs better.
Made in USA blades
The photo-etching process takes place in Russellville, Arkansas; the grating blades for zesters are all made in USA.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One little flaw, however, prevents me from giving it five stars. When I used it to grate lime zest today, it accumulated on the underside of the zester, as many food items do. Never expecting a problem, I used my index finger to wipe it off into the bowl. YOWWWww! The sides of the zester, which curl around to the back, were not finished. One of them gave me a very nasty slice across the end knuckle of my index finger. The last brand of microplane zester was finished smoothly, so it never occurred to me that this might be a problem. In the future, I'll be sure to use a pastry brush or the tip of a dinner knife to dislodge the grated item. Lesson learned!
It's IMPERATIVE you keep the hard plastic sleeve on it, otherwise, it could bend in the utensil drawer and end up breaking -- but sometimes other people in my kitchen haven't gotten that memo. Wash it immediately after using it, don't put it with anything else until that plastic sleeve protector is on it.
It's easy to settle for any old zester, or keep using your old dull one, especially if you don't use it very often. Like, how much difference could there be? But I'm convinced that the better the quality the tool, the more often you'll likely use it, and this Microplane 46220 fits the bill. This is probably the last zester I'll ever need to buy. It's well-made from surgical stainless steel, dishwasher safe, and completely functional. It has a sturdy plastic cover that is hand-washable. I use this zester/grater for cold chocolate, hard cheeses, citrus, ginger, and garlic, and it's also perfect for nutmeg and other hard spices. It has a nice comfortable feel in the hand and provides a solid grip. The grate is very sharp and foods wind up properly zested rather than torn or shredded. Using a beautiful, quality tool is so much more fun than making due with an inferior product. I'd certainly buy this again.
If you found this review helpful, please click the "yes" button below. Thanks and happy zesting!
On a side note, I was initially confused by the product numbers of the Microplane, but after a quick look it was clear that the different X's in 46X20 referred to the color of the product. In case anyone is confused as well there's no difference in the product!
Top reviews from other countries
The first reason why I keep buying them is because you won't find anywhere write "Made in Chine" all model use the same made in USA blade despite on the little sticker you can read assembled in Mexico and second they're made for last.
Microplane has now 5 main lines: Professional, Premium classic, Elite, Home, Gourmet
Across all models designs and options differ:
- Professional is similar to many graters, the plate and the handle are all made in stainless steel.
- Premium classic series has that long lean body that everyone recognizes easily as Microplane design, stainless steel blade and plastic/rubber body.
- Gourmet series: looks sleek and offers ample grating and shaving surface, soft-touch handles, plus non slip rubber ends.
- Home Series: The body and handle is made of plastic only the paddle is metal, the quality of the blades is always the same but overall the item looks less profession and more for normal home cooking.
- Elite Series: includes a transparent cover that doubles as a grating catch feature and measuring cup. When positioned underneath the grater, the dual-purpose cover/measuring cup allows chefs and home cooks to conveniently zest citrus and grate a wide range of ingredients with more control and precision.
All series come with small rubber feet in order to give more control preventing accidental slips while grating, they also protect the surfaces and bowls.
In my opinion the purchase should be based always on what you expect want from the item you're buying.
Sturdiness: 1. Professional, 2. Elite, 3. Gourmet / Premium 4. Home.
Design : 1. Elite, 2. Professional 3. Gourmet 4. Premium 4. Home
Blades: 1. Professional, Gourmet, Premium, 2 Home and elite.
To say is that you can buy as optional the slider attachment, this one will keep your hands safely away from blades while grating.
The attachment is available only for the: Home, Professional and Gourmet series.
The very last thing to say is that you can still buy the Classic Zester on amazon Mod. 40020 this one as been discontinued, doesn't have rubber feets and reviews states that the plastic is made off is not sturdy as the premium series.
I have to say my experience with the Microplane has been the total opposite. I have tested it with both soft and hard cheeses, garlic, ginger and lemons and each glide across the blade with minimal effort. The blade doesn't actually feel super sharp to the touch but grates very easy so this is a credit to the unique design of the Microplane which is what really sets it apart from others. It also feels very sturdy when you're grating so you're not trying to balance the weight of the cheese with the handling of the grater, which makes it even more safe to use. Cleaning is also very easy, just wipe downwards along the blade rinse under warm water and it will be clean.
It really is the Gold Standard and is worth spending a little extra on, even if only to save you grating your thumb!