Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Microsoft Word 2010
|Price:||$199.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Microsoft Word 2010 offers enhanced features to create professional-quality documents.
- Easier ways to work together with people, and almost-anywhere access to your files
- Better illustrate your ideas with diagrams by turning bullet-point lists into compelling SmartArt graphics
- Apply new formatting effects to your text such as shadow, bevel, glow and reflection
- Add impact to your document with new picture-editing tools
- Capture and insert screenshots directly into your document
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Designed to give you the finest document-formatting tools, Word 2010 also helps you easily organize and write your documents more efficiently, and stay within reach so you can capture your best ideas whenever and wherever they occur.
Create visually compelling documents more easily than ever
Word 2010 provides an array of new and improved tools that help you look like a design pro and make your important content stand out.
- Add impressive formatting effects--such as gradient fills and reflections--directly to the text in your document. You can now apply many of the same effects to text and shapes that you might already use for pictures, charts, and SmartArt graphics.
- Use new and improved picture editing tools--including versatile artistic effects and advanced correction, color, and cropping tools--to fine-tune every picture in your document to look its absolute best.
- Choose from more customizable Office themes to coordinate colors, fonts, and graphic formatting effects throughout your documents. Customize themes to use your own personal or business branding. The same Office themes are available in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel 2010, so it's easy to give all your documents a consistent, professional look.
- Make a statement with a wide selection of SmartArt graphics--including many new layouts for organization charts and picture diagrams--to create impressive graphics as easily as typing a bulleted list. SmartArt graphics automatically coordinate with your chosen document theme, so great-looking formatting for all your document content is just a couple of clicks away.
Save time and simplify your work
Word 2010 provides tools that save time and simplify your work.
- Find your way with the improved Navigation Pane and Find tools. These new enhancements make it easier than ever to browse, search, and even reorganize document content right from a single, easy-to-use pane.
- Recover draft versions of files that you closed without saving. That's right. The version recovery feature is just one of many new features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space for all document management tasks.
- Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs.
Work together more successfully
If you work with others on documents and projects, Word 2010 has the tools you need.
- Using new co-authoring capabilities, you can now edit the same document, at the same time, as other team members in other locations. You can even communicate instantly as you work, directly from Word.1, 2
- If you work for a company running SharePoint Foundation 2010 this functionality can be used within the firewall. With Office Communicator now integrated throughout several Office 2010 programs, you can view presence information that shows the availability of other authors and initiate instant messaging or voice calls directly from Word.
- If you're in a small company or use Word 2010 for your home or school work, you can take advantage of co-authoring features though Windows Live. All you need is a free Windows Live ID to simultaneously edit documents with others. An instant messenger account (such as the free Windows Live Messenger) is required to view presence of authors and start an instant messaging conversation.
Access your information from more places
Your ideas, deadlines, projects, and work emergencies don't always occur conveniently when you are at your desk. Fortunately, you now have the power to get things done when and where you need to, from the Web or even from your smartphone.3
- Microsoft Word Web App is an online companion to Microsoft Word that enables you to extend your Word experience to the browser. View a high fidelity version of your documents and make light edits as well. Access some of the same formatting and editing tools that are in Word 2010, and work in a familiar editing environment, from almost any computer with a Web browser.2
- Microsoft Word Mobile 2010 gives you a lightweight editor for your documents that's especially designed for easy use on your Windows phone.4
Whether you're writing that career-making report, working with a team on the next big pitch, drafting your resume, or getting work done on the run, Word 2010 makes it easier to get what you need done more quickly, with more flexibility, and with better results.
1 Instant messaging and presence requires one of the following: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 with Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2; Windows Live Messenger, or another instant messaging application that supports IMessenger. Voice calls require Office Communications Server 2007 R2 with Office Communicator 2007 R2 or an instant messaging application that supports IMessengerAdvanced.
2 Requires Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or a Windows Live ID.
Top Customer Reviews
Overall, when the software was usable, it was not terrible. But save yourself some headache. "If it ain't broke, don't upgrade..." because once you do, it will be broken.
I am tempted to uninstall the entire suite and roll back to Office 2003.
"You want to fix that indentation so it actually lines up with the line directly above? NO."
"You want to make the next numbered line align with the set in the last paragraph? I don't think so."
"Wait you want to print pages 49 - 50? No, I'm not going to do that but I'm not going to tell you why. You can print any of those pages alone, or the entire document, but no, you can't print those three together."
"STOP TOUCHING ME!" CRASH!
Seriously I'm approaching my deadline and half of my work is fighting with Word. I should be working on it right now but got so frustrated, instead of destroying my computer in rage, I decided to Google "Word 2010 F-ing Sucks" and Amazon review was the first thing that popped up so am attempting to channel my rage into this review. Rage... Subsiding... Now to copy and paste this review as many places as possible. I know it's pointless, but it's making me feel better. It's too late for this project, but I'm absolutely going to switch to some other alternative and never use this awful program again.
In addition, another programmer had a wicked streak by making every document start with 10 points after each line and multiple lines setting, so you have to go in an reset the line spacing EACH time to single spacing if you want it, and the worse of it is, you can't just do several changes at once---it will jump you out of each change, so you have to go back several times to change line spacing or font attributes, making this a Productivity Stripper.
Now if after my blind test, I saw this was a 2010 version of Word, I would say Microsoft has accomplished to take a workable program and put it backwards by 2010 steps. Meanness? Arrogance? Greed to spit out something new for an excuse to get people to buy more? Whatever, it is worth stomping on the box, and the disc if you get it only, and keep on using your older Word programs.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent product! Wish all Amazon sellers delivered as fast as these people. Amazing!!Published 2 months ago by joeln
Having a disc is SO MUCH BETTER than a yearly subscription!Published 7 months ago by purple pm mountains
As described, delivered as promised. Can't ask more than that.Published 8 months ago by Stephen Thomas
After purchasing it. The website to download the program, it never existed. Clearly not what I had thought it to be.
I now run word nine on my computer. Read more
Office 2007 was the biggest change to hit Microsoft's family of software in years. I can still remember struggling to find the tools I used to take for granted. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers
I wish negative ratings could be assigned to this miserable piece of software. I would give it 5 negative stars. I've been involved in PC-based computing for over 30 years. Read morePublished 15 months ago by S. Sherrill
Microsoft made changes they thought users would like... Turns out most users really don't appreciate the changes. The ribbon layout is a terribly inefficient use of space. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Brian