Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 791 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 822 reviews
on November 11, 2014
When I bought this item it was sold by Premium Controllerz, so this review reflects the item *they* sold me.

This worked right out of the box, no CD installation required. I did have to press and hold the receiver's 'reset connection' button as well as the identical one on my controller (handset) first, for the two to establish their connection - but this is normal. After doing so, they linked up fine, and I was able to use my controller for my game right away.

I am taking the advice that I've read from some other reviewers of the original Microsoft XBox 360 controller's receiver and not leaving it plugged into my computer (powered on) all the time, like I did with my first one. Some speculate that that is what leads to the early burnout/death of the seemingly culprit fuse in the originals.

As for those saying that they doubt this is an original Microsoft product: It seems to be, to me. Yes, the sticker on the back of the receiver looks different from my original one, but it does say Microsoft and the receiver looks the same in every other way - including the Microsoft logo on the top of the receiver (which I inspected and compared closely against my old one). Also, all the included materials (CD, instruction booklet) are Microsoft's, are identical to my old controller's.

Anyway, no issues so far whatsoever. I am a happy customer.
on March 26, 2017
So far i've been using this product for 2 years and I've never head a serious issue with it the range on it is really good most the time however since using windows 10 i can no longer stick it behind objects without random input lag spikes (Disconnecting then Reconnecting) overall i was pretty impressed with it's quality, definitely authentic hardware

Pros: Long Chord, Decent-Great Range, pretty long lasting
cons: random disconnecting reconnecting on rare occasions when put out of view most likely signal interference or less stable windows 10 driver
on June 4, 2017
This worked for me on Windows 10. I use it for 4 controllers. I don't know what the range is at but it works fine in a typical modest living room setup (6-8 feet from receiver)

Be wary as there are a lot of cheap knockoffs that do not work as well. Double check that the item that arrives is the same as described in text and in the picture. It should say "Microsoft" on the front and "Microsoft (R) Xbox 360tm Wireless Receiver for Windows (R)". I suspect the reviewers with 1 star received the wrong product somehow. Perhaps they ordered it from a 3rd party seller instead of from the Microsoft Amazon seller.
on August 15, 2015
Bought this from WHOLESALE OUTLET and its authentic as my wireless 360 controller has yet to disconnect like it did with the cheaper fakes even after several hours of play. The Chinese writing on the tag may raise concern but the disc when inserted shows Microsoft/Xbox360 imagery as the photos show. Once installed you can be directed to a MS product registration page and the driver will show its for the 360.

I was anxious about getting one as the real ones now are hard to distinguish since these aren't sold individually by MS anymore but this is the same one that comes with the PC 360 wireless controller from my research. Photos of the product and proof of authenticity are attached. So if you're worried, don't be these are indeed real.
review image review image review image
on May 8, 2017
Item does exactly what it is intended to do, and is actually the real thing, unlike many of the knock-off brands up for sell. I made the mistake of assuming an XBOX 360 wireless controller would connect to a PC without a receiver because I didn't know they even required one, and so after buying my controller I realized that Microsoft's official page only sells controller+receiver combination packages. I was not going to buy another controller just to connect to my PC, so these guys really saved me there.

The receiver came in great condition and was really just plug and play. It included a software CD in case it was needed, but I had no need to use it. My wireless controller connected to it without any hassle and I've been using it for about two weeks now; works just fine.
on July 20, 2017
I was very close to giving a bad review because I thought it didn't work. I'd tap the sync button on the receiver and nothing would happen. Turns out you actually need to keep it pressed for about 2 seconds, but it does work. It came with a disk that I transferred onto usb in order to install (I haven't gotten a disc drive yet), but I don't think I needed to. I'm pretty sure windows 10 will auto-install any compatible microsoft product (and pretty much any usb device).
on February 20, 2017
Didn't need CD. I plugged it into my USB and was able to connect to my Xbox 360 wireless controller pretty easily (randomly pressing the Green X Connection button on the controller and the button on the receiver for about 15 seconds). No issues thus far.
on March 8, 2017
I bought a generic copy a few months ago that failed very quickly and became useless junk. Then I bought this cable and the difference in quality was immediately apparent. It seems genuine, though I have no way of knowing for certain. If you are looking for an XBOX 360 cable for PC, this is the one to get.
on October 15, 2015
I have purchased the generic receiver and this one, both work as well as I had hoped. The generic version comes with a CD but I found it requires you to find the drivers online (takes 2 minutes to get it off of Microsoft's website running it as an xbox 360 controller, not as a receiver) while this one works using the included CD. I've used the generic one on Windows 7 and the Microsoft version on Windows 10, no compatibility issues. I've only tried to connect xbox 360 controllers, and they worked with both. If you want something that might last longer (?) than the off brand version that doesn't require you to go online looking for a driver and then setting it up manually then this is the one for you. If you don't care (and honestly I don't see how this one would last any longer than the off brand one I bought, but who knows) and want to save $7 then just buy the off brand one. Either way you'll be happy with the end result (assuming you can set up the off brand one). Both connect to my controller quickly and both have the same functionality.

One thing to note, I don't know if the off brand version works with windows 10 (I never tried it) but seeing how windows 7 recognized it exactly like the Microsoft version on Windows 10, I'm sure there would be no issue.
on August 7, 2017
Plugged it in and it worked. I can use my X360 controllers for any supported games. Takes me back to a much more relaxed game play feel for when I am working my way through a hack & slash RPG. Being able to lean back in my chair versus hunched over a keyboard is a blessing all in itself.