Using Microsoft Visio to visualize business information is a huge aid to comprehension and clarity. Learn how with this practical guide to process diagramming and validation, written as a practical tutorial with sample code and demos.
- Optimize your business information visualization by mastering out-of-the-box structured diagram functionality with features like basic and cross-functional flowcharts
- Create and analyze custom validation rules for structured diagrams using Visio 2013 Professional
- Get to grips with the validation logic for business process diagramming with Visio 2013 Professional with the provided Rules Tools add-on
Microsoft Visio is a diagramming program which ultimately allows business professionals to explore and communicate complex information more effectively. Through easy-to-understand visual representations, Visio enables you to present complicated data in a clear and communicative way. Therefore, productivity is increased by utilizing the wide variety of diagrams that can convey information at a glance as data can be understood and acted upon quickly. This book enables business developers to unleash the full potential of Visio 2013 Professional Edition.
Microsoft Visio 2013 Business Process Diagramming and Validation is a focused tutorial with a range of practical examples and downloadable code that shows you how to create business process diagramming templates with Visio, enabling you to effectively visualize business information. It draws on real business examples and needs and covers all the new features of Visio 2013 Professional Edition.
This focused tutorial will enable you to get to grips with diagram validation in Visio 2013 Professional Edition to the fullest extent, enabling you to perform powerful automatic diagram verification based on custom logic and assuring correct and compliant diagrams. You will learn how to create and publish rules and how to use the ShapeSheet to write formulae. There is also a special focus on extending and enhancing the capabilities of Visio 2013 diagram validation and on features that are not found in the out-of-the-box product, like installing and using the new Rules Tools add-on complete with source code, reviewing the new diagramming rules in flowcharts and BPMN templates, and creating your own enhanced Data Flow Model Diagram template complete with validation rules.
What you will learn from this book
- Master new Visio features supporting structured diagrams and validation
- Learn about new validation functions including how to create and modify validation rules to verify diagram correctness
- Successfully implement out-of-the-box content for Visio 2013
- Publish custom Visio templates that enforce company diagramming standards
- Build a Visio add-on for increased ease when creating rules or analyzing existing rules
- Use the provided Rules Tools add-on to export validation rules to XML
- View diagrams with corresponding issues using annotations
- Integrate validated diagrams with SharePoint 2013 and Office365
Microsoft Visio 2013 Business Process Diagramming and Validation provides a comprehensive and practical tutorial including example code and demonstrations for creating validation rules, writing ShapeSheet formulae, and much more.