Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 527 reviews
on May 26, 2012
I have owned this keyboard for 4 days now, I loved it at first, lightweight comfortable to use, the keys aren't loud when you're typing and then tonight I began having problems.

First my "i" key began working intermittently, wasn't working at all then it began working again, and then all of a sudden my "y" key stopped working and hasn't started working again.

For the $16 it cost when I purchased this keyboard I was not expecting great things, I was hoping to just get a keyboard that would prove to be functional for a while, even if I only got 6 months or so before it had any problems I would have considered that a success but 4 freaking days? You've gotta be kidding me, for something made by a company as big as Microsoft you would figure it would be built well enough to last longer than a week before an issue that renders it useless set in (having to copy and paste a "y" any time you want to use one just isn't feasible).

In summation if you're considering purchasing this keyboard do yourself a favor and don't, there are other cheap keyboards that I'm sure will last a heck of a lot longer than this one does, I definitely will not be getting another. Apparently this isn't an isolated event either, seems to be a common problem. Next time I'll do a little more research before just opting to go with a cheap keyboard.
on August 7, 2012
A keyboard is a keyboard, or so I thought. Some, like this one, are more comfortable or have some extra buttons for increased functionality but other than that, you hit a button and a letter appears, right? NOT THIS ONE. This is the only keyboard I have ever had where keys routinely cease to respond. Sometimes it is a letter, which means, maddeningly enough, that every time I want to type that letter I have to copy and paste it into it's right place! Other times, it's another key: right now, my back and down arrows are not working so in order to move down I have to hit the "end" key and then the forward arrow to go line by line.

So maybe I guess I just bought a faulty one; surely Microsoft does not make and entire model of keyboard where the keys malfunction after only a few months. WRONG AGAIN. I bought this keyboard once, experienced the malfunctioning keys and decided to bright the "faulty" keyboard home to use with my laptop and buy a new one for work. Well guess what...that one also malfunctioned just as badly. Having experienced this twice in a row, I can confidently say that this is the MOST POORLY ENGINEERED KEYBOARD ON THE MARKET. Microsoft should be embarrassed that they have ever sold such a thing.
on May 23, 2011
As stated in other 1 star ratings before, various keys have stopped working on my microsoft keyboard and it's well under a year since I brought it. The keys that stopped working are - the letters n, m, b, the number zero on the number pad, the comma and semicolon, cap locks, and all arrow keys. This is very frustrating because I didn't know what was going on at first since I've never had a problem with a keyboard. Not able to purchase a new one right away, I struggled with composing even a simple reply to an email. I resorted to opening up previously written documents with these letters, etc. in them and copy pasting them into whatever I was working on. As you can imagine, this gets tired REAL quick. Bottom line, there's obviously some kind of weird defect in this keyboard. Save your money and STAY AWAY.
on February 28, 2017
We only had this keyboard for a few months and the letter D stopped working. We are past the 30 day return policy so we are stuck with a keyboard that we can not use! Would not purchase this keyboard again!
on October 19, 2012
I will say that this kyboard workd wll up until this yar, and I bought it in 2009. I rly it for hom offic work and for my graduat studis. It's clarly impossibl to complt work whn crtain kys ar dysfunctional. Right now it's only th lttr btwn W and R, but this clarly looks lik a problm that many othrs ar xprincing. It's obviously trribly annoying, sinc th lttr that dosn't work is on that is usd frquntly in many words! It's too bad. Back to Amazon to buy a nw kyboard, and to typ a rviw of how disappointd I am with th long trm prformanc of this kyboard. Buyr bwar!
on August 7, 2012
Yes I'm typig this from that very keyboard... cause it is all I got right ow.

Do you kow how ofte you use the ' ' key whe you type?

Hopefully this is givig you a idea of how fu this is't!

Seriously, the curve keyboard worked flawlessly for ie (that's 9 with out a ' ') ad ow it is pretty useless :(

I took the key off the keyboard to see if there was simply juk i there, but that was't the issue...

So buyer beware - the reliability of this product may leave you ' '-less
on August 23, 2011
I wish I had read the one star reviews before purchasing. I am a grad student, and I have to type frequently, so I am extremely disappointed that this product fails. In fact, I am unimpressed with MOST Microsoft products. Many of my keys have stopped working. Namely, one of the keys I needed to type my password for windows 7, so I could not get into my computer, until finally, after trying everything else, Providence told me to SLAM the keyboard down. I should not have to slam my keyboard to get it to work. This product is unacceptable.
on May 3, 2011
I purchased this keyboard a couple of weeks ago and began using it immediately. Shortly thereafter I began experiencing difficulty in accessing the internet. My computer went into the shop 3 times where it would work fine however when at home it would attempt to access the internet up to 90 times and then run out of memory and crash. Finally a trip to my home by the tech person discovered the new keyboard was bad (sticking key). This caused me considerable aggravation and ultimately a 100 dollar house call charge. I plan on contacting amazon to get a refund and compensation for the extra expense.
on January 16, 2017
This keyboard arrived with some keys non-functional. I do not blame the seller, the keyboard was factory sealed. I blame the manufacturer.
on June 9, 2011
I bought this keyboard because I liked the idea of a silent natural keyboard. However, the product is not totally silent. The space key made a loud click whenever I pressed it. (very annoying) When I removed the space key to see if something was wrong, there was nothing to suggest anything was broken. When I put the space key back into the keyboard, some of the letters started making a clicking noise. Now it was worse than when I began. I tossed the keyboard and will look for a more expensive, reliable natural quiet keyboard. I guess you get what you pay for!