Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Microsoft D58-00002 Intellimouse Optical" and save 9% off the $54.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Microsoft D58-00002 Intellimouse Optical
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Optical pointing device for right- or left-handed users
- 5 programmable buttons
- Provides more control and accuracy than trackball mice can
- Requires no cleaning or mouse pad
- IntelliPoint software included
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Microsoft D58-00002 Intellimouse Optical
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 for Business
Logitech Corded Mouse (M500)
Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse - Black (P58-00061)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||—||—||Wireless, Wired, USB||Wired|
|Item Dimensions||—||5.3 x 5.3 x 2.2 in||8.9 x 2.64 x 6.38 in||2.28 x 4.47 x 1.54 in|
|Item Weight||—||6.4 ounces||0.51 lb||3.26 ounces|
|Platform||Mac OS 9 and below||Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Professional||Windows||Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Business, Windows XP Professional|
|Sensor Technology||Trackball, Optical||Blue Track||Laser||Optical|
The IntelliMouse Optical is one in Microsoft's family of ball-free mouse products using digital optical tracking technology. Sporting the silver detailing, signature red taillight, and glowing underside made popular by IntelliMouse Explorer, IntelliMouse Optical features a smaller design that is comfortable for both left- and right-handed mouse users.
Microsoft IntelliEye optical technology changes the way people use a mouse by removing the ball, thereby providing more control and accuracy and eliminating the need for mouse pads and cleaning. IntelliEye technology provides accuracy and durability by replacing the mouse ball with an optical sensor and digital signal processor (DSP). The sensor captures snapshots of the work surface at a rate of 1,500 images per second, and the DSP translates changes of the images into onscreen movements. The Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical works with both Macs and PCs.
Top customer reviews
However, I have found a drawback. I travel extensively and have been taking this mouse with me. Lately, I have noticed that the USB connector is not working so well. I do not appear to have the same problem with other USB connected devices, so I suspect that the connector on the mouse is "not what it could be" in terms of heavy usage. If you are basically going to plug in your mouse and leave it, this will NOT be a problem. If, however, you are like me and will regularly plug/unplug the mouse, throw it in a briefcase and let it rattle around, this may prove to be a difficulty over time. I have traveled with it for approximately six months. Interestingly, I have swapped it for the one on my laptop basestation and both are working fine...so the connector is not completely worthless...just a little sensitive.
1) the wheel is very loose (physically) which makes it hard to use for detailed work as it tends to roll more than you want it to.
2) depending on the surface it drags actually more than my regular intellimouse.
3) If you pick it up slightly you lose your place.
4) It just doesn't "feel" as sensitive as my regular intellimouse. This may be the responsivness of the USB port but I don't think so.
5) When you move it very fast across the surface it loses its place and goes haywire causing the cursor to fly all over the screen ending up somewhere other than where you wanted it. (my regular intellimouse is much less sensitive to this problem.)
I gave it three stars because:
1) I should never have to clean it
2) It comes with USB & PS/2 adaptor - this means I can use it in the USB socket of my notebook and plug a full size keyboard in at the same time. (Very Nice !)
Overall only an OK product.