Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on December 31, 2010
This has several useful upgrade features but its main downside is the price, and there is no upgrade alternative.

PROS:

1. It is now fully compatible with Office 2007-2010
2. Added features allows for improved graphics
3. Some down-loadable features provide added scope.
4. Ease of integration with Office 2007 and 2010.
5. Can deliver somewhat compatible displays with Powerpoint

CONS

1. Price
2. There is a serious problem with certain bluetooth add-ins. When I first loaded it I had a Broadcom add-in and it caused crashes. I Googled the issue and found that you had to removed them totally. I could not remove the add-in since Visio denied access so I had to remove the software package. Then all worked well.
3. It lacks the vibrant styles available in Powerpoint and Word. The designs are rather simplistic and some are confusing given the color sets. It takes some time to get used to them.

As with most Microsoft products you must find the solutions to problems via Google. It is a shame that Microsoft has not made their problem resolutions easier. For example the bluetooth problem seems pandemic but Microsoft just seems to ignore it. It was not their problem as a cause so they just seem to drop the issue. Overall it has added value and ease of use, but again it is quite pricey for what it does.
on August 18, 2016
I upgraded my BIOS with update and product required activation. Spoke to Microsoft on the phone. Software was verified counterfeit.

OnSale24 replied with "What we sold was not a counterfeit. We can try to search for a replacement key but it will be for Visio 2013."

This was on 7/8/2016. No response as of 8/18/2016.
on April 19, 2016
Beware, I received "new in the box software" that had been re-shrink wrapped with the Microsoft security holographic seal broken and another sticker placed over it to conceal that it had already been opened and activated. Even if it activates I would beware if there is a broken Microsoft seal on a "new" package.
review image review image review image
on April 25, 2017
worked as designed
on May 5, 2013
not a graphic artist, i'm even so called on once in a while to design a special chart or table for my boss. if I knew more about the field, I might have found some other software that's a little easier to use. I've been using Visio since early versions and have never found it easy but it's not so difficult either, that a word-editor like myself can't create workable pieces when called on. It's not so bad.
on July 14, 2012
This product makes developing flow charts and other diagrams easy. The software contains numerous templates that are easy to use. Revising diagrams is extremely easy, as well. Spacing and alignment are automatic. Sharing diagrams is easy. It is also easy to paste diagrams into reports with no editing needed.
on March 16, 2012
This product took a little getting used to because the interface has been re-designed from an earlier version. At first I thought it didn't come with the libraries that the earlier version had, but after a little searching, I found what I was looking for. Now that I have gotten used to the new interface, I wouldn't go back.
on November 25, 2011
Microsoft has again upgraded Visio. It is NOT a 4GL or data-modeling tool as it may pretend to be. It is NOT Rational Software Modeler or ER/Studio... But if what you want is a technical diagram, not metadata, Visio is an excellent tool. Easy to use, powerful and flexible... Essential for tech writing and SDLC documentation.
on July 31, 2015
You have to log into the Microsoft Account every time you want to use it. Does not work well in a business environment.
on January 22, 2016
Apparently, cannot transfer to my new computer

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.