Top positive review
17 people found this helpful
Useful Upgrade But Expensive
on December 31, 2010
This has several useful upgrade features but its main downside is the price, and there is no upgrade alternative.
1. It is now fully compatible with Office 2007-2010
2. Added features allows for improved graphics
3. Some down-loadable features provide added scope.
4. Ease of integration with Office 2007 and 2010.
5. Can deliver somewhat compatible displays with Powerpoint
2. There is a serious problem with certain bluetooth add-ins. When I first loaded it I had a Broadcom add-in and it caused crashes. I Googled the issue and found that you had to removed them totally. I could not remove the add-in since Visio denied access so I had to remove the software package. Then all worked well.
3. It lacks the vibrant styles available in Powerpoint and Word. The designs are rather simplistic and some are confusing given the color sets. It takes some time to get used to them.
As with most Microsoft products you must find the solutions to problems via Google. It is a shame that Microsoft has not made their problem resolutions easier. For example the bluetooth problem seems pandemic but Microsoft just seems to ignore it. It was not their problem as a cause so they just seem to drop the issue. Overall it has added value and ease of use, but again it is quite pricey for what it does.