Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
Microsoft Desktop 3000 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
|Price:||$67.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Media Center Control media playback from your keyboard
- Hot Keys One-touch access to Windows Media Player, e-mail, Home, calculator, My Documents, Zoom, instant messaging, and photos
- Spill-Resistant, Quiet Touch Keys - Integrated water channels drain the liquid away
- Mouse Works on Virtually Any Surface - Works more places than ever before, including on granite countertops, living room carpet, and rough wood tables
- Reliable 2.4 GHz Wireless Up to a 30-foot range and less clutter on your desktop
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000
Work more places with style and performance. This advanced desktop combines an eye-catching keyboard and a BlueTrack Technology™ mouse that works in more places than either optical or laser mice. The compact keyboard design and a mini-transceiver that snaps into the bottom of the mouse make it easy to be productive on the go.
Digital Media Access
- Media Center - Control media playback from your keyboard.
- Hot Keys - One-touch access to Windows® Media Player, e-mail, Home, calculator, My Documents, Zoom, instant messaging, and photos.
- "My Favorites" Keys - Customize these 5 keys to instantly bring up the photos, folders, files, and Web pages you use most. Simply push and hold to set.
- Enhanced F Keys - Perform common commands from your keyboard.
Spill-Resistant, Quiet Touch Keys
- Integrated water channels drain the liquid away.
- Quiet, responsive, thin-profile keys.
BlueTrack Technology™Works on Virtually Any Surface
- Works more places than ever before, including on granite countertops, living room carpet, and rough wood tables.
- Reliable 2.4 GHz Wireless - Up to a 30-foot range and less clutter on your desktop.
- Snap-in Mini-Transceiver - Stows conveniently under the mouse; automatically turns the mouse on and off for up to 12 months of battery life.
- Tilt Wheel and More - Fully featured mouse with 5 programmable buttons, rubber side grips, and Magnifier.
What is BlueTrack?
Microsoft’s proprietary BlueTrack Technology™ works on more surfaces than both optical and laser mice. It uses high-angle imaging optics to generate an accurate picture of the surface.
Now track more accurately on:
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP (excluding Windows XP 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.4-10.7
- 100 MB
- 30 MB
- 4 AA alkaline batteries (included)
- You must accept License Terms for software download.
- Internet access may be required for certain features. Local and/or long distance telephone toll charges may apply.
- Software download required for full functionality of all features.
Top Customer Reviews
Previously, I'd been using the standard Apple keyboard (slim aluminum), but wanted a keyboard with a few function keys. I scoped out the Logitech G15, as I had the older flip-LCD version and Logitech now supports Macs with their new G-series Profiler software, but I decided against the G15 because Logitech annoyed me with their Desktop Wave Pro set - which inexplicably is NOT supported by their SetPoint Mac software, even though the original Desktop Wave set IS supported. Grr!
This set from Microsoft is my favorite Microsoft set in years. The keyboard is fairly slim for an MS keyboard, which I like, and the keys are somewhat low-profile, which I also like. It took me an hour or so to get used to typing on it, as it has a bit of a weird contour to it - not quite as weird as the Logitech Wave, but a definite contour.
As mentioned by another reviewer, the keyboard is loud. I don't notice anything particularly loud about the spacebar, but the keyboard is most definitely loud in general. This doesn't bother me, as I tend to like the clack of a keyboard, but I can see how other people might be bothered by it. There's no way I could type on this keyboard stealthily while talking on the phone, for example.
For Mac users, the newest Microsoft IntelliType software is fantastic.Read more ›
Extra buttons that work without the software:
1. The calculator button above num lock that brings up the calculator. That is, the one you would find in start -> all programs -> accessories -> calculator.
2. E-mail, internet, and music buttons on the top left. I think if I had MSN messenger this would work too, but I can't get it to open Pidgin without the software.
3. Play/pause, previous track, next track, stop.
4. Volume down, volume up, mute.
Extra buttons that don't work without the software:
1. On the very left, my documents button and my pictures button.
2. On the very left, zoom in and zoom out. I think they're equivalent to ctrl + =, and ctrl + -, but they won't work without the software.
3. The 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, keys which are software customizable as well as the star key that brings up the config for the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 keys.
The F keys may or may not work without the software, I'm too lazy to uninstall and test it.
Things I like about this keyboard/mouse combo:
1. I really like the calculator key above num lock.
2. The keys are kind of halfway between a standard height key and a notebook key.
3. It looks nice on a desk.
4. Wireless range is about 30 feet, but don't expect it to go through 2 walls. No major complaints about connectivity/tracking/etc.
Things I hate about it:
1. The mouse wheel is completely smooth. If I play a first-person shooter, and I want to switch weapons with the mouse wheel, I get no tactile feedback, and what would normally be one click of the wheel translates into me switching from my first weapon to my third weapon.
2.Read more ›
Update: This was the first wireless keyboard mouse systems I had a chance to review - since then I've gotten 2 more - 1 was another amazon vine (and I needed it because I had 2 pcs I wanted to use remote keyboards on) - and the other came with my dad's HP pc - it's obviously oem'ed by someone for HP and contrary to the verbatim and microsoft does not use a "fob" design for the receiver but has a 6 foot cord and a hocky-puck shaped receiver with a blue light on top that blinks anytime a RF command comes in from either the keyboard or mouse.
Now having seen, used, and compared side by side 3 different wireless desktops I can honestly say I would give the microsoft it's 5 star rating - for low battery consumption, for long range, and for features integrated into the operating system. 2nd place would go to the verbatim - its not quite the microsoft setup, but it does work well, the mouse battery lasts a long time, but does not have the blue led found on microsoft's which gives it better resolution on almost any surface, even a white piece of plastic like a blank compact disc!. Then in 3rd place comes the HP kit. The 6 foot usb cord and receiver doesn't need to be designed that way and the range is really poor - sometimes only able to get across the table 1-2 feet to the receiver.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
great product from Microsoft. great design too. anyone would love this awesome keyboardPublished 26 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is the only wireless keyboard and mouse combo I will own as of this post. Until something better comes along, I will always buy these. Read morePublished 1 month ago by David Lepine