Microsoft FQC-06950 Win8.1 Professional 64Bit 1PK EN DSP OEI DVD
- This operating system is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 when available. More details below.
- The Start screen. Personalize your Start screen with your favorite news, friends, social networks, and apps. Customizable colors and backgrounds and four different tile sizes make your device as unique as you are.
- The apps you want. In addition to great built-in apps for e-mail, people, photos and video editing, you can also download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store, including Netflix, ESPN, Skype, and Halo: Spartan Assault.
- It plays as hard as it works. Windows 8.1 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation - all on a single PC.
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product offerings.
Looking for your product key? The product key is a 25-digit string with a hyphen between each 5 digits. It will say "Product Key" before 25 digits or have an image of a key next to 10 digits with the remaining 15 on the next line below. The Product Key is generally located in the lower left corner of the DVD case, on the disc itself, or on a leaflet in the packaging you received.
From the Manufacturer
Windows 8.1 Pro System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit
Built for Business
With the new Windows, you get the best of work and play. Windows 8.1 Pro includes everything in Windows 8.1, plus enhanced features that help you easily connect to company networks, manage your devices, access one PC from another, encrypt your data, and more.
- Get to it all from the new Start screen, even your familiar desktop
- Discover popular and unique apps in the Windows Store
- Personalize with more tile sizes, colors, & backgrounds
- Do more with side by side views of apps and sites
- Access photos & files virtually anywhere with SkyDrive built-in
- Search, browse, and share more securely and quickly
- Protect your data by encrypting it with BitLocker
- Access one PC from another with Remote Desktop
- Connect to your company network with domain join
What’s new with Windows 8.1 Pro
It Plays as Hard as it Works
Windows 8.1 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation — all on a single PC. Now you can organize up to three apps on your screen at once in a single view.
The Start Screen
Personalize your Start screen with your favorite news, friends, social networks, and apps. Customizable colors and backgrounds and four different sizes of tiles make your device as unique as you are.
The Apps you Want
In addition to great built-in apps for email, people, photos and video editing – you can also download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store, including Netflix, ESPN, Skype and Halo: Spartan Assault.
Stay up to date and more secure with Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Windows Update.
Windows 8.1 starts up faster, switches between apps faster, and uses power more efficiently than previous versions of Windows, including Windows 7.
Your Familiar Desktop
From the Start screen, you are just a click away from the familiar Windows desktop you know so you can do the stuff you’ve always done.
Multitasking Made Easy
It’s easy to do more at once. Snap multiple apps side by side in a single view for easy multitasking.
Mouse, Keyboard—and now Touch
Windows 8.1 works harmoniously with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both. Whatever kind of device you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another.
Your files, Everywhere
Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with SkyDrive. By signing in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8.1 and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.
You Keep all your Files
If your PC is running Windows 7, your files, apps and settings will easily transfer to Windows 8.1 Pro.
You Keep Familiar Programs
Programs that run on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8.1 Pro.
Your Office. Your Way.
Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices. Discover new and better ways to create, edit, and browse—using a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen. Don't forget: Office is not part of Windows 8.Some features require Windows 8.1. Update available through Windows store for Windows 8 users. Internet access required; fees may apply. Don’t forget, Office isn’t included in Windows 8.
The New Windows
|Windows 8.1||Pro Pack|
|Great Apps built in such as Mail, Calendar, Messaging, Photos, and SkyDrive with many more available at Windows Store.||✔||✔|
|Includes Internet Explorer 11 for fast, intuitive, touch-friendly browsing.||✔||✔|
|Keeps you up-to-date and more secure with Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Windows Update.||✔||✔|
|Works with new and existing Windows desktop software including the full Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, SharePoint Designer and more).*||✔||✔|
|Comes with Windows Media Player||✔||✔|
|Provides enhanced data protection using BitLocker technology to help keep your information secure.**||✔|
|Enables you to connect to your PC when you’re on the go with Remote Desktop Connection.||✔|
|Connects to you corporate or school network with Domain Join.||✔|
|Watch and record live TV with Windows Media Center.***|
- 1 GHz processor or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB available hard disk space
- 1366 x 768 screen resolution
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
- To use touch, you need a PC that supports multitouch
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
- Windows Media Center license sold separately
* Refers to programs built for mouse and keyboard that run in the classic Windows desktop environment.
** Data is protected on Windows 8 PCs and removable drives using BitLocker and BitLocker to Go.
*** Requires a TV tuner.
Windows 10 product upgrade limitations:
Showing 1-8 of 386 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We build these computers for resell as Media Center Computers. The OME version is only good for one computer. If you are going to be reselling it, you need to remove the Microsoft holographic sticker with the activation key from the disk sleeve and put it on to the back or side of the computer case. We generally do not give this OEM disk to our customers but instead we provide them with a disk that we created. This disk also has the all the device drivers included.
This OEM disk is not for non-technical people, as it does not have any device driver for the particular hardware upon which you are building the computer. Some advanced user might be able to download the required device drivers for Windows 8.1. However, they are sometime quite different from the ones used by Windows 7 or even Windows 8.0. This OEM version is less expense than a volume license agreement sold through Microsoft.
* Networking is strange (windows makes decisions on whether you are on a private or public network, it can make wrong ones without your ability to correct it).
* Some of the appearance settings (like icon sizes and H/V spacing, border sizes, menu/scroll bar sizes, etc.) can no longer be adjusted in a nice way.
* There are several ways to adjust things -- PC settings, control panel, registry...
* Got some "code 10" error fro a driver? Go see event viewer... oh wait... nothing sensible there either...
* Windows Media Center (a separate $10 purchase online) hogs the sound driver in a very specific way. Produces incomprehensible "I'm not gonna work" problems if you go to windows playback devices and -- CORRECTLY -- adjust speaker setup to 5.1 surround. E.g., windows software does not understand windows OS. Windows hates itself.
Windows 8 is like Windows 3.x. Windows 3 was a GUI shell on top of DOS. Windows 8 is a tablet shell on top of desktop/laptop OS. Does not feel right, bloated, many actions accomplished mainly or easier via desktop style actions. Just think about it... Driver Manager, Control Panel, Event Viewer... Even in just tablet "mode" look at this: to update OS PC Settings->Update/Recovery; to update apps Store->Updates. Two different places...
There was a hiccup during install where it installed the 8.1 Standard (or Core?) edition. It turns out there is a product key embedded in the system BIOS so by default it installs the Windows 8 that comes with the machine. I was able to override this by placing an EI.CFG file on my install media which prompted me for the correct product key and installed the right version.
As for Windows 8, it's fine if you install "Classic Shell" or any of the other programs that give you the Start Menu and allow you to start at the desktop instead of the tile interface. With that installed I can't really tell any difference between 8 and 7 from a functionality point of view. There are actually a couple of apps that I like running in the "tile" mode such as the Kindle Reader and Facebook.