Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 220 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 244 reviews
on May 21, 2012
This product is exactly what most people need in a basic software suite---Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (plus OneNote), with a number of nice improvements over 2007: the ribbon bar is included in Outlook now (which can thread conversations across folders now); they replaced the big round button with a File tab, image editing is much improved (not Photoshop, but WAY better than before) and PowerPoint transitions are much easier to control now as well. Not huge stuff, perhaps, but overall worth the extra money compared to the 2007 version, I think.

Something to consider is that with the Office 2010 series, Microsoft no longer offers an upgrade path. That's right: if you are thinking about buying a particular combination now and then upgrading it later, you won't be able to do that. You'll be faced with buying the missing product(s) separately or buying the entire suite. Microsoft has abandoned their previous policy of enabling you to upgrade, in favor of simpler pricing where you just have to buy everything at list price. I found this out myself the hard way after buying Home and Student, and then deciding to upgrade it to Home and Office: no deal.

So, if you think you might ever need Access or Publisher, strongly consider the Professional version instead of this one, to get those products now--unless you're certain that you'll be happy buying them as individual products later (or perhaps even just buying Professional outright later, and essentially sacrificing your investment in Home and Business).

Another consideration about this version versus Home and Student is that this one is licensed for commercial use in a money-making business (which includes not-for-profits in Microsoft's licensing view, incidentally), while Home and Student is NOT (and clearly reminds you on the title bar of every program!) So even if you don't need Outlook, this is the version you need if this is for anything involving a for-profit business (even if run OUT of your home!)

Overall, this is certainly Microsoft's best yet, and you'll find yourself becoming productive with it in a hurry--especially if you're coming from version 2007 (Version 2003 users will take longer, but it's worth it, promise!)
on April 5, 2017
So, I purchased this from Amazon. It worked at first. Then, got a new machine, downloaded it again from the Softtware Library. Downloads the stub executable. I click on it, comes up with a bad gateway message. Call Amazon Support, they call Microsoft for me, leave me stranded on the phone, I answer a bunch of automated questions, just to get a message that Microsoft is closed. Not a trustworthy process.
on August 19, 2012
I bought a new Windows 7 desktop received last week pre-installed with a "starter" version of Office. I could have purchase a key directly from an Office program but Microsoft made a condition that I had to sign up for hotmail and other social media accounts in order to buy the download. I didn't want or need these extras. So I found a great product key on Amazon at a much lower price and no requirements to set up ancillary unwanted accounts. I just entered the product key and it installed in a flash. I'm really pleased with 2010 and was used to the ribbon from using Office 2007. The backstage area took some getting used to, but I am comfortable with it because it is a nice area that shows all of your options for the file.

My only criticism is the tiny text and icon sizes in the various ribbon tabs. It is not very easy on the eyes. From what I have researched in the MS forums and knowledge base articles, this tiny text size is hard-programmed into the software and can't be altered via the Office Suite.

If I do a general increase of text size in the display properties (from the default 125% to 150% in my entire system), it warns that some items might not display fully at my resolution (1920x1080). And I don't want to change my resoultion because I like it and it is the default suggested resolution. Text sizes on my desktop and in every other program and browser are fine at 125% so why are they so tiny on the Office 2010 ribbon only?

Office 2007 didn't have such tiny text and icons in it's ribbon on my older XP computer! In my new computer I can see the small text but have to look much more carefully. And for senior citizens or those with vision issues, it is tougher. MS should find an update to allow the user to set their own default size suitable for their vision capability.
on August 17, 2011
I chose my review title based on the fact that Amazon dumps all MS Office Home and Business 2010 reviews into the same bin. With this version, the cost was $139.99 including the usual suspects: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Tools. The version was 32 bit, and there was no 64 bit option. This option will run without a problem on a 64-bit CPU with a 64-bit OS, so no worries there unless you're equipped for 64-bit apps, and you're concerned about ultimate performance (such as handling huge documents, running sluggish spreadsheets, or long-executing VBA scripts). I'm running x64 Win 7 and I've had no compatibility issues.

You have to download the actual software, which I've experienced before, even when I've bought a version with a CD-ROM included. I suggest you choose the save option when you download and burn the 688 MB file to a CD or DVD, because Microsoft says they won't make the download available indefinitely. You might need to re-install one day. Of course, you should also save the key, which is what you're buying. I always type the key onto a document and save that and any installation lessons-learned onto the CD with the downloaded file.

I won't bore you with another commentary on MS Office 2010. It's only a marginal step beyond 2007, and there are hundreds of reviews out there (from people whose needs are probably more like yours than mine). I bought this for a Windows partition on a Mac, mainly because the Mac version of Outlook is an abomination. (See what I mean?)

I think this is a good deal, probably reflective our economic times. If you need Outlook as part of the Office suite, you're not likely to find a better price on a legit copy of the software.
Best,
Tim
on April 10, 2011
When I bought this product, I didn't realize I had to have the software on my computer in order to use it legally. I didn't own the software. So, I contacted Microsoft who provided me with a 30 day trial version. In order to get the trial version, I had to have a previous version, which I did own. So, I installed the trial, waited for the system to tell me the trial was going to expire. I then could upgrade my version to a full-blown legal version. It was so easy, it was wonderful! I have wanted to get the upgrade for quite awhile, so I am happy that I could work this out & install the proper version. Office 2010 is very nice. I went from 97/2003 to 2010. What a difference. I really like how easy it is to find features and shortcuts I have used in Office for so long. It is easy to use and understand. The best feature of all the microsoft products is the similarity in the look and feel of each product. You always go to the same place no matter what product you are in to find the menu option you are looking for. That's nice!

Great product, highly recommend it!
on August 10, 2012
This review is not necessarily for Office 2010 but for the downloading service through Amazon. Office 2010 is an amazing product. However, my download was faulty and would not install on my PC. Amazon does not offer technical support for problems with microsoft product. They refer you to microsoft for help. Microsoft will not help because the product was not purchased directly through them or digital river. Their answer to my request for help was "because you bought the product from a 3rd party vendor you must contact them for help". So here I sit with an unintallable download. I do give two stars because Amazon did offer to give me a refund but the experience was a bit lacking. Save yourself some grief and just go out and buy the boxed product or download it directly from Microsoft. Probably costs a little more but worth it.
on January 8, 2012
This downloaded within 30 minutes. You will have to go to your software library and copy and paste your product key to complete registration. I researched this software package for several weeks before purchasing. If you like outlook this is the best way to go. Amazon had the best value; they beat Sams club and Walmart in price by at least $10-15.
on April 10, 2012
I downloaded this file the other day and everything worked just as Amazon said it would. I even lost the connection a couple of times and it automatically resumed where it had left off. So great service on this!

Also was in a Best Buy to get a wireless mouse and saw the same program for $279.00. Is it any wonder BB is closing stores? Great comparative value from Amazon!
on October 20, 2013
I recently built a new 4 core processor computer, running Windows 7 Pro. My old computer ran Windows XP Pro, and had Office 2003. I migrated all my Office application and data files to my new computer, and for the most part it worked ok, except for some serious "glitches" in Microsoft Outlook. Further research and debugging showed that the Microsoft Outlook problems were not solvable in Windows 7. So, I bit the bullet and updated my Microsoft Office Suite to Office 2010. Voila, the glitches were gone, and all the new Office applications worked well. It was probably about time to update, anyway.
on February 11, 2013
It's OK!.....seems quite similar to office 2007, with a few more extras, & the option to go on-line & save all your work in "the cloud", if you want to. If you don't want that option around, don't make the mistake of clicking "continue on-line" when you get to the end of the installation. Personally, I prefer Corel's Office Suite, simply because, it's easier to use because, the tool buttons are more likely to be where you expected them, than with the Microsoft Product. But still, this is a very useful piece of software. I bought it specifically so I can share spreadsheet info with others, who may not yet have Corel's Office (which by the way is quite a bit less expensive).....& to have the email program "Outlook".

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.