Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 26, 2011
Well, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint) to MS 2010 Home & Student version.

The tools are usable, and do all the same functions as they did in the previous version. But Microsoft still has a way to go when it comes to understanding user-friendliness.

I installed the product multiple times and found the "dumbed-down" installation menu had some draw backs. For example, if you installed a trail version of Outlook, and then later removed it, it left all of the email and messages on your system (2 GB of junk in my case); It would be better for MS to ask the user if they want to remove these files when uninstalling Outlook. (I manually removed the files from my system.) In another case, I had to search each of the installable options on the installation screen to find hyphenation and thesaurus tools. MS could provide a search option to save the user time.

When I used either Word or Excel, I found the tool menu had radically changed. I didn't mind learning where the tools were relocated (like spell checker, or text formating). But I didn't like having to go from one tab to another to select a tool. Nor did I like having to open the same tab multiple times to perform the same operation on the page (the tab closes after you do an operation). Doing simple operations like saving the file seems to require the user to open a tab to do so. Similarly for Excel. The look and feel has become clumsey and clunky.

These are major changes in the look and feel of Word and Excel. So, I don't expect any changes until the next major revision. If your current tools (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) are serving you well, I'd stick to them for now.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on January 21, 2016
Do not buy anything from GeeLin0508. Ever. You will be ripped off. I bought this over 6 months ago and it has never worked on my computer. It would not activate. I called Microsoft support and was told that I had a Microsoft Office Standard activation code and a Home and Student version of the software. Initially I thought GeeLin would help me out. GeeLin sent me a second activation code that seemed like it was going to work, but then I got an error message saying I had exceeded my # of installations. Thing is I was never able to install this software on any of my computers (supposed to be good for 3 computers). Now GeeLin has stopped emailing me back. I've learned my lesson. Never buy from third party sellers that aren't fulfilled by Amazon. Expensive lesson to learn.
2 helpful votes
on June 10, 2013
I bought Office 2010 for several reasons.
1. It is used by and for work, where they use Office 2007 on computers and 365 on the web.. Compatibility with my Open Office was not good. I could not open or edit without many work-arounds from my work e-mail. Sometimes not at all.
2. 2010 is the last of the "Buy it for your computers (3 pc's) and Use it at home versions"
3 The price can't be beat. AND I have the disk!

The install was quick on 2 Windows 8 Pro (64bit) computers and one Windows 7 Home (64bit) Laptop. About 15 minutes each plus time for 38 updates and re-boots.

Cons: My fault... I had trouble opening excel from company e-mails. A box kept popping up that it had a "problem sending the command to program" I had to save to desktop then search for it to open. It worked on my wife's computer just fine, but not mine (?)
The fix: open the "C" drive, Programs (X86) go to Microsoft Office then Office 14 look for EXCEL (which is listed as an application). Right click to properties click compatibility and uncheck "run as administrator" and uncheck run in "compatibility mode". at the bottom click "change for all users" and close.
Now..against advice, I put MY computer in "run in Win 7" compatibility mode" because that what we use at work. And "BINGO" Now it works great. On my wife's computer I un-checked run in compatibility mode. and it also works great.
So the main problem was "run as administrator" was checked on mine.

Final thoughts: I love it. Works great. If I were you I would buy it.
For Microsoft: Make a 2013 version I can Buy and put on my computer, I don't want to "subscribe to an Online version.
on November 23, 2014
I purchased a new computer and wanted to add Microsoft Office, but after shopping discovered that the 2013 version is sold much differently than the 2010. The major difference is you now have to purchase the software yearly. I also read several reviews where most users did not notice any significant upgrades from the 2010 to 2013 version. I agree and got a great deal with the 3 for 1 price.
Such a shame that Microsoft feels the need to price gouge their customers in this way.
5 helpful votes
on November 8, 2017
Seller MienneWare sent me the french version when I ordered the US/English version. Unfortunately I held on to it to long before trying to install. I already had the US version and was looking for additional "seats" for more computers, so I figured I would use the disc I had and just use the new product key. I tried that last night and it does not work. Now looking at feed back on that seller, I am not the only one that had this happen, though I imagine I have waited too long at this point to do anything about it.

In pics, latest one I received is on the left, the previous US version I received from a different seller is on the right. It also appeared that the French version had been opened previously as the seal was broken across the top prior to me opening it (though it was wrapped in plastic).
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on October 4, 2015
BUYER BEWARE: I bought in on June, 2015. Finally got to install it. It was denied. Called up Microsoftr, they checked it for me. They told me it the product key had been activated 15 times, earliest was Jan, 2011 at 1 AM.
I am very upset!
I was promised a refund but Amazon deducted a rescuing charge. I will consider taking them to court. This is ethically and morally not right.
on February 5, 2014
Don't buy from this seller, according to the information that I received from Microsoft I was told that I had purchase an illegal copy. Initially it took 4 product keys to get the product to activate. And the software worked fine until My computer had to be restored and tried to install again same error invalid product key cannot activate. It is pretty bad that consumers pay good money $129.00 and now I am stuck without the software and $129.00 in the whole. I have contacted the seller with numerous emails in the past 2 weeks with no response even contacted amazon regarding this matter and an investigation is supposedly being initiated.
5 helpful votes
on June 20, 2014
I ordered the software from this company and they charged my credit card. After the delivery date passed I contacted them. They stated the price had been an error. They have still not honored their commitment NOR have they refunded my credit card.

I believe they were just hoping I would not check into the situation and the "in error" charge would stay posted to my credit card.

This company has a completely cavalier attitude towards customer satisfaction. I recommend Amazon boots them out them from the marketplace so no one else has to suffer from their incompetence. Personally I will NEVER order anything from FIN Technology again.
on March 15, 2015
Well, so far so good, but during installation I went from, "This is going to be an easy review" to having some problems.

Everything worked very well until I tried to register. It may be OK ... and perhaps didn't "use" one of my installations ... but I found the registration process confusing (and I'm in IT !!). I clicked the link to register, and it sent me around again to install.

Another concern I have is I checked the box to get a trial version of Pro. Now it says I have "X" number of days, etc. So we'll see. In the past, I have found it very difficult to get through the Microsoft, so I don't know what will happen if the software tries to go dormant.

Now, having said that, the programs work fine and I'm having great results on that side of everything.
2 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 1, 2016
I should have paid more attention to the negative reviews as the key code does not work. After reading the negative reviews it seems that after spending well over $200.00 you have no recourse. What makes this even more disappointing is I do volunteer work for a number of Veteran organizations and local churches. I pretty much use these programs for those organizations and I had to purchase a newer computer so I wanted to update the software. What an incredible disappointment.
I very rarely write reviews but in this case who ever is responsible for selling something like this that has a defective key code with no recourse should be ashamed of themselves.
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 Family Pack, 3PC (Disc Version)
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.