Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 322 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 348 reviews
on April 9, 2011
I was worried when I bought this that it would stop mid-download or that it would just be faulty. Program downloaded in under 30 minutes and installed in about another 30. After rebooting (after installation) it worked perfect!

I gave this 4 our of 5 stars, because there was a bit of computer knowledge involved in installing this product. I installed the 64-bit version and when I attempted to install I was advised that I had 32-bit software on my PC and I would have to delete it to install the 64-bit newly downloaded software. It was easy to find the power point 32-bit that came with my PC through control panel, but if anyone doesn't know about removing programs may want to have someone help them with this.

Downloading software is the way to go for me in all future purchases!
on February 3, 2013
Bought it primarily to use on a Windows XP computer used for Visual Basic 6 software development. Spent two days trying to install on that computer, it would get past the point where everything was apparently installed (including menus and restore point), then declare an unspecified error and roll back to the pre-installation configuration. Tried Amazon support, they kicked me down the street to Microsoft where the Learning Base kept taking me to the same dead-end, a repair utility that was discontinued with no alternatives offered.

Used two of the three installations to install on Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit computers, absolutely no problems. Still have one installation left (I think). That gives me the capability to test compatibility with Office 10, but only when I get to the final stages of development. Not what I wanted, but it works.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 30, 2012
Microsoft Office has come a long way over the past decade. Word, Excel, Powerpoint are actually pretty decent. It doesn't hurt that the hardware is able to make even the most bloated code snappy. That being said, a month after purchasing the 3PC download, the license one of three computers shut off. It was at a time when Word was needed in order to meet an important deadline. We spent over an hour on the phone with four or five different customer support reps, dealing with getting disconnected twice, a rep with a barely understandable accent who sent us to the wrong extension, and simply being on hold having to wait before the license was restored. Not good.
on September 7, 2012
I bought the Download version because I needed it asap for a class and waiting for a disc to be mailed would've made me late on a test and project. The site says it downloads in 17 minutes but it took almost 2 hours on my high speed internet. Once it was downloaded and tried instaling I got a few errors and the install failed. I called the software customer support and the guy knew less than I did. I could tell he was reading off a screen and the trouble shooting process was worthless. His next step was for me to erase all files and download it again... after telling him it took almost 2 hours he reminded me that the site says it takes 17 minutes. I was told to restart my computers and attempt to reinstall. When that didnt work I was told to call Microsoft. They said that if there is no problem with the download the rest is up to microsoft and they cant help.

Bottom line is that customer support is worthless and the download version is nothing but trouble. Do yourself a favor and buy the disc instead but not from Amazon.
on April 19, 2013
I have gone through several of these over the last couple of years, deploying for customers and custom-building systems for SMB or LAN groups. This version - Home & Student 3-pc license - is the best bang-for-your-buck in the office suite for anyone NOT in a business environment. It has the four most commonly-used programs in the suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote). With more and more cloud usage for email and the general bend of business toward hosted SQL database services, even many smaller businesses don't need the extras found in Business and Professional packages (Access, Outlook, Project, Visio, Groove, InfoPath), and if you aren't going to be using a feature regularly, don't pay for it.

Office 2010 is an improvement on Office 2007, though there is little visual clues to that. The ribbons are still there, the interfaces and interactions are still basically the same, but Office 2010 has run a bit better in my experience and the backend model has been improved for interoperability and flexibility. One thing that new users will need to know is that you activate Office 2010 from the 'File/Help' menu in the program itself instead of when you install the program. This card also works with the pre-installed 'trial' versions found on a lot of branded PCs and Laptops these days.
on September 26, 2011
This product has been very good to me.
I purchased the tri-download package, but have only used one, and am reserving the other two downloads for my future computers.
Currently I run the 32-bit version on my 64-bit win7 netbook. It runs seamlessly! I couldn't ask for a faster product for my light system.

(To those whom it may concern:)
My PC specs:
Acer Aspire One 722-BZ454
CPU: AMD Dual-Pore Processor C-50 (1.0 GHz)
RAM: 2GB DDR3
HDD: 250 GB

WORD is easy to use, it offers many variations of everything you could imagine for text, and supports images too. Also of note; I was impressed that if you copy/paste a unique symbol into the program and it doesn't know what it is, it will search the microsoft website for a matching symbol.

Powerpoint is very fun and useful. It offers nearly all the text formatting that WORD does, and supports many things like videos, images, audio clips, ETC...
I am taking a free class for this VIA GCFlearnfree and it is showing me how to use this program to its fullest.
I can create fully interactive interface settings in Powerpoint.
I can create basic slideshows to go with when I click, or by my custom preset timer.
I can narrate slides and utilize tools such as the "laser pointer" or "notes."
It has many many fully functional features, and is really easy to use, once you get over the hundreds of different options available for you to do at any given moment.
Note: A Powerpoint presentation is only able to be opened in Powerpoint, but it has many ways for others to view it. You can export the file as a video, to upload to youtube, or for other purposes. This is one of a few useful options, but the only one I have used to-date.

I have yet to use excel. But Powerpoint also utilizes Excel spreadsheets for easy to use chart data.

Pros: Easy to use, all above mentioned, lightweight, useful.

Cons: Price. I would rather not have to pay 100$ for it, but its actually worth it!
on March 2, 2013
Yes, I know there are a lot of M$ haters out there, but I have experience with other suites. Office is still as good or better (sometimes much better) than most other suites I've used. KingSoft, SoftMaker, LibreOffice, OpenOffice, even Lotus Symphony (from IBM). I am a writer, so office software, especially word- and spreadsheet-processing are important.

Pros:
* Documents are supported with Office 2013 on Windows RT. You might not think this is important, but I want a tool that will work on different platforms. Admittedly Office doesn't run on Linux, but this is less an issue for me (there is still LibreOffice for Linux).
* I paid a single license (about $100) and installed it on both my wife's and my laptops.
* I took advantage of the free upgrade to Office 13, which is even better, See below for Office 13 comments.
* I have found very few bugs, which not even Libre Office can brag about.
* Opens ODT documents reasonably well. Better than previous versions did. Office 13's support is better for ODT.
* The new menu structure is a distinct improvement over the previous user interface. With some practice, I think almost anyone will learn their most commonly-used menus and keyboard shortcuts.
* Loads quickly and seems to have a very small memory footprint as compared to other suites.

Cons:
* Not inexpensive, and with Office 365 it will cost you $100+ per year. There some advantages to that, however.
* Doesn't run on Linux. This is a very small problem for me, however.
* If you're familiar with previous versions, the funky new user interface will throw you. Be patient, though.
* ODS (spreadsheet) support is lacking, however. Doesn't handle some formulas correctly. This might not be an issue unless you have a lot of LibreOffice stuff (which I do).

Office 2013 (365 flavor):
* Much improved rendering of fonts on the screen. Very good when compared to Office 2010.
* I actually like the newer look. Navigation is simpler and less like the file system. Pinning documents and paths is simple, and saves time.
* Good integration with SkyDrive, but SD leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe M$ will fix it. Soon? I don't use it because of serious performance issues during certain times of the day.
* You can launch Office apps from the Office web site. I use this feature on my work PC, where I'm not allowed to "install" it as an application.
* Up to 5 installations. Enough for a typical family.
* The web version of Word has a serious bug in macro processing that I have not seen on my home PC. For some this would be meaningless, but not for me.
on November 24, 2012
I didn't like the ribbon interface when it was first introduced. I kept Office XP until I needed more vibrant Power Point presentations. The ribbon interface was massaged in Office 2010 and it works well, especially compared to the prior version. Office is the gold standards of productivity applications. There is a little bit of a learning curve with this new version, but me and my wife like it (she also has been a long term Office user). On the aesthetic side it looks good, and you can download many themes for documents and Power Point presentations. Excel works well, with good graphing capabilities, but not as intuitive. OneNote is included and I haven't really gotten into it. Its supposed to be like a digital notepad, but for whatever reason I haven't warmed to it.

All in all it is a great program (once you get used to it, I especially like the Power Point animation, and the ability to save to PDF. I would recommend this program to anyone that needs a good solid set of productivity tools that is also a standard in the business world (good to have transferable skills to the workplace). PDF integration is a good feature to have. On the other hand, nothing really is revolutionary with this version of Office. If it weren't for needing to have a better Power Point than the XP version, I would say this program isn't a must. Why do I say that? If you have Office before ribbon, and have all your icon bars customized and are able to do everything, you can probably be faster at getting things done than with 2010. On the other hand must people don't use half the functions office was able to do, and the ribbon interface makes it easier for many people use.

Having the program in Amazon is really great. No need to worry where you put the installation disk if you need to install on a new machine years from now. It was a easy to download and install. It has a 64 bit and 32 bit installation available. If you are a heavy macro user, most people recommend using the 32 bit version.
on February 7, 2013
I waited as long as I possibly could to upgrade my Office XP Pro suite. I waited until literally forced to by my job. And I'm kind of sorry I waited now! I thought it would be un-intuitive, an opinion I gleaned from looking over someone else's shoulder who was using it, but it's not. It IS different, and some settings I use frequently are in different places, but I'm learning that they aren't bad or nonsensical places, just different than what I'm used to. I like the more web-like interface, it flows with how much time I spend on the internet these days, and feels much like another web application.

I like how customizable it is, seems to have more options that I can shortcut to how I do my documents. I use Word A LOT. Every single day for several hours as I work at home as a transcriptionist. So I really get to know Word. There were no hiccups using my old .doc format templates in Word 2010, and it was easy to convert them.

I also use Excel almost every day and I haven't noticed huge changes in it yet, which is good. It has the same web feeling to it now.

I haven't had need to use the other programs in the suite yet, but I am impressed so far with Office 2010, and glad I no longer have to worry about plug-ins and converting newer file types to my old suite. If you, too, are holding out, don't!
on June 18, 2012
Have been avoiding 2010 for 2 years. Not happy with 2010 beta and 2010 starter was a non-starter. 2010 Beta trashed my 2003 installation and 2010 Starter is much slower. This latest version of 2010 is very nice. Big step from 2003, significant step from 2007 - cleaner interface.

By paying attention during install - you can keep your old Office intact. I am continuing to use Outlook 2003 (and all the rest) in parallel to 2010. Graphics improvements in 2010 provide more flexibility and convenience than 2003. For example, the ability to format in Powerpoint text boxes is much improved.

4 stars for the surprising performance of 2010 and and extra star for the price and no hassle installation. Now on 2 computers - absolutely no installation problems with either. Running Office (as 32 bit) under both Win 7 64 & 32. near instant load of Excel/Word on I5/2500K-WD/SATA 3/Black-Asus H67 desktop. 1.5 second load on a Acer Atom Netbook with Samsung SSD. No more hesitation than 2003 - a very pleasant surprise. 2010 Starter required 5-10 seconds on the Acer.

BUT - Really do continue prefer the 2003 interface. MS has cleaned up 2010 compared to 2007 and the Beta. Still, too many key clicks to accomplish the same thing in 2010. I find the graphical output enhancements of 2010 interesting/pretty but actually more distracting than useful, form over function again - personal issue of a 65 year old.

Other Thoughts: Had to make the switch, 2003 running under 7-64 would not open many 2010 Excel files despite conversion, not even in virtual XP. Surprised to be happy with 2010 after working 6 months of frustration with the Beta version in 2010. Should have made the switch last year but the price today is acceptable for this 3 pack at $105-110. Zero problems so far.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.