- Platform: Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016, 1 user, PC Key Card
|Price:||$124.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Full, installed Office 2016 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- For 1 PC (Windows 7 or later, home use)
- Easily save and store files in the cloud with OneDrive
- NOTE: Does not include Outlook, Publisher or Access
- Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
Please note: This item does not contain a disc; it is a product key card that requires a download from office.com. See steps involved below:
1. Once you have placed your order and received your product key card in the mail, locate your product key on the backside of the included card.
2. When you locate the product key, follow the instructions on the card, and go to https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/ to download and install.
3. Enter your 25-digital product key as prompted.
4. Sign in or create a Microsoft account.
5. Select your preferred country and language.
6. From your "My Account" page with Microsoft, select the item that you want to install.
7. Click the "Install" button to begin your download.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Platform: PC Key Card | Edition: Home & Student
Microsoft Office 2016 helps you to do your best work - anywhere, anytime and with anyone. New, modern versions of the classic desktop applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, are built for maximum productivity. You'll quickly produce professional documents with rich authoring features, design controls for pixel-perfect layouts and intuitive tools to help you make the most of your data. You'll have access to your docs in the cloud whenever you need them. With your documents stored online, it's easy to get your team on the same page. Share, present and work together on projects with built in team collaboration tools across the suite.
From the manufacturer
Office Home and Student 2016
Office Home and Student 2016 is made to help you achieve more with time-saving features, a new modern look, and built-in collaboration tools. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on OneDrive and access them from anywhere.
- Full, installed Office 2016 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- For 1 PC (Windows 7 or later, home use)
- Easily save your documents online with free OneDrive online storage, available for all OneDrive users
Made for doing
Office 2016 comes fully loaded with your favorite applications—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. It’s everything you need to be an overachiever.
Made to collaborate
The applications in Office 2016 are packed with built-in collaboration tools to help you share and coauthor documents in Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote for faster productivity than ever before.
Made to move
OneDrive cloud storage integration means your files can travel with you, so you can achieve more at work or at home, locally or remotely, from virtually anywhere around the world.
Create and share professional-looking documents with state-of-the-art editing, reviewing, and sharing tools. The new Design tab provides quick access to features and the new Insights pane shows relevant contextual information from the web directly inside Word.
|Office 365 Home||Office 365 Personal||Office Home & Student 2016||Office Home & Business 2016|
|Installations||5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, 5 phones||1 PC or Mac, 1 tablet, 1 phone||1 PC only||1 PC only|
|Core Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Email, calendars, and tasks: Outlook||✓||✓||✓|
|Desktop publishing & databases: Publisher, Access (PC Only)||✓||✓|
|Easy smartphone access: View and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents on the fly||✓||✓|
|Skype: 60 minutes of Skype calls each month to phones in 60+ countries||Per user for 5 users||For 1 user|
|1 TB OneDrive cloud storage: Save documents for easy access and sharing virtually anywhere||Per user for 5 users||For 1 user|
|Easy subscription (Renewal required)||1 year||1 year|
|Always up-to-date: Always have the latest Office applications||✓||✓|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
In case buyers don't know what the difference between the key card and the digital download is; the digital download will allow you to instantly download the office software and provide you with the key via Amazon Software Library. The PC Key Card is mailed to your shipping address, instead of having the key provided through the Amazon website.
- Live/Real Time Collaboration - yes, you can be at home and your partner can be in their office or across the globe and both of you can work on a document in real time. This is beyond essential for business purposes but also, as this is the Home & Student edition, it is now also essential for K-12 students (since working in teams is now a school mandate) and for college students (over winter break when everyone has gone home but a group project is due when school resumes). This cuts down on unnecessary emails back and forth, trying to find the most recent version of the Word or Excel document, and email is not exactly "real time." With Office 2016, you can watch your partner make changes and you can undo or add to what they are doing immediately. It all happens as they, or you, are manipulating the document.
- "Tell me what you want to do..." - this is so essential that it almost makes me sad it wasn't included in prior iterations of Office. "Tell Me..." is a search box that, once you start typing will start displaying suggestions. Begin typing "Insert" into the search box and "Insert Caption" and "Insert Picture" (among other suggestions) pop up. No more having to dig around in the Ribbon to find what you want. Want to make a Table in a Word Document? Start typing "Table" in the "Tell Me..." box. It gives suggestions such as "Add Table," View Table Gridlines," "Table Styles," "Table of Contents," "Draw Table," etc. Click on the suggestion you want, and that function happens. This handy feature makes Office easier and faster, especially for those who don't happen to know where 100% of the functions lie in the Ribbon.
I am very pleased with the changes in this year's Office, especially since I was never a big fan of the Ribbon. Yes, it is still there, however, now I can find things instantaneously rather than rooting around for a function I don't use very often.
Once installed they conceal the license number from you to force you to register the product, if you need to retrieve it again later, then you can expect to receive a lot of junk email from MS pushing their products. Oh and don't forget the email account and password you used to register this under, or you will never be able to recover your license number again years later, when you need it, for example: a reinstall after a system system or a HDD crash.
Also unlike past versions of Office Home & Student you only get one license with this new version, instead of 3 home licenses. Add in the inconvenient install process, no convenient license number access and little if any real improvements over the previous versions and I'd say how do you spell r-i-p-o-f-f-!
So now MS Word does start up, but I'm disappointed that upgrading from 2007 to 2016, bullets and numbering is STILL as screwed up as ever. How many releases of MS Word and nobody in Redmond is smart enough to get bullets and numbering right? Built-in templates seem fewer than before; even searching through online templates I could not find a single template for writing a user manual. Where is insert footnote? How can I get the chapter title to show up in my page footer? How can I embed a video from my hard drive? Why do I have to google to find these things out? Word 2016 is just as frustrating and non-intuitive as its precedessors. I'm not sure what, if anything, they improved; instead they add silly features such as being able to change the program's skin. Ugh.