- Platform: Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Media: Software Download
- Item Quantity: 1
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 | 1 user, PC Download
|Price:||See price in cart|
- From October 2, 2017– November 6, 2017, you can enter for your chance to win prizes when you buy Microsoft Office. For official rules, please go to amazon.com/adlp/officewow
- For 1 PC (Windows 7 or later, home use)
- Fully installed Office 2016 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- NOTE: This version does not include Outlook, Publisher or Access
- NOTE: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States
Please note: This item requires a download directly from Microsoft. See steps involved below:
1. Once you have completed your software download purchase at Amazon.com, you must click the "Continue to Office.com" button to get your software. The "Continue to Office.com" button can be found in your confirmation email, Your Games and Software Library, and on the Thank You page once you've completed your purchase.
2. You will be directed to a custom Microsoft Office site to register or sign-in with a Microsoft account.
3. Select your preferred country and language.
4. From your "My Account" page with Microsoft, select the item that you want to install.
5. Click the "Install" button to begin your download.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Platform: PC Download | Edition: Home & Student
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Microsoft Office 2016 helps you to do your best work - anywhere, anytime and with anyone. New, modern versions of the classic desktop applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, are built for maximum productivity. You'll quickly produce professional documents with rich authoring features, design controls for pixel-perfect layouts and intuitive tools to help you make the most of your data. You'll have access to your docs in the cloud whenever you need them. With your documents stored online, it's easy to get your team on the same page. Share, present and work together on projects with built in team collaboration tools across the suite.
From the manufacturer
Office Home and Student 2016
Office Home and Student 2016 is made to help you achieve more with time-saving features, a new modern look, and built-in collaboration tools. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on OneDrive and access them from anywhere.
- Full, installed Office 2016 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- For 1 PC (Windows 7 or later, home use)
- Easily save your documents online with free OneDrive online storage, available for all OneDrive users
|Office 365 Home||Office 365 Personal||Office 2016 Home & Student||Office 2016 Home & Business|
|Users||Up to 5 Users||1 User||1 User||1 User|
|Device||5 PCs/Macs, 5 Tablets||1 PC/Mac, 1 Tablet||1 PC only or 1 Mac only||1 PC only or 1 Mac only|
|One Drive||1 TB storage/user||1 TB storage/user|
|Skype||60 minutes per month/user||60 minutes per month/user|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In case buyers don't know what the difference between the key card and the digital download is; the digital download will allow you to instantly download the office software and provide you with the key via Amazon Software Library. The PC Key Card is mailed to your shipping address, instead of having the key provided through the Amazon website.
- Live/Real Time Collaboration - yes, you can be at home and your partner can be in their office or across the globe and both of you can work on a document in real time. This is beyond essential for business purposes but also, as this is the Home & Student edition, it is now also essential for K-12 students (since working in teams is now a school mandate) and for college students (over winter break when everyone has gone home but a group project is due when school resumes). This cuts down on unnecessary emails back and forth, trying to find the most recent version of the Word or Excel document, and email is not exactly "real time." With Office 2016, you can watch your partner make changes and you can undo or add to what they are doing immediately. It all happens as they, or you, are manipulating the document.
- "Tell me what you want to do..." - this is so essential that it almost makes me sad it wasn't included in prior iterations of Office. "Tell Me..." is a search box that, once you start typing will start displaying suggestions. Begin typing "Insert" into the search box and "Insert Caption" and "Insert Picture" (among other suggestions) pop up. No more having to dig around in the Ribbon to find what you want. Want to make a Table in a Word Document? Start typing "Table" in the "Tell Me..." box. It gives suggestions such as "Add Table," View Table Gridlines," "Table Styles," "Table of Contents," "Draw Table," etc. Click on the suggestion you want, and that function happens. This handy feature makes Office easier and faster, especially for those who don't happen to know where 100% of the functions lie in the Ribbon.
I am very pleased with the changes in this year's Office, especially since I was never a big fan of the Ribbon. Yes, it is still there, however, now I can find things instantaneously rather than rooting around for a function I don't use very often.
Unfortunately, installing the program is not just a simple download. Microsoft now DEMANDS that whoever installs this program must have an "account" with them, which includes an email address BEFORE the programs can be installed. As the product page indicates, this package does not include a disk, just a product key. These programs must, therefore, be downloaded in their entirety from Microsoft's Website which requires a high-speed Internet connection. Each version of Microsoft Office becomes slightly more intrusive; demanding ever more personal information before allowing their software to be installed. This version is no exception.
For just $125 only four elements of Microsoft Office are included; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. Publisher, Outlook and Access which comes in Microsoft's Office Professional $400 version are not part of this package. Windows Live Mail from Microsoft is a good FREE substitute for Outlook. Unless computer users are producing brochures and creating/managing sophisticated databases the other programs will probably not be needed. Although I found that downloading and installing this package was a bit of a hassle, it does work okay once installed and will open any documents created by previous versions of Microsoft Office programs. Anyone who has used Microsoft 2010 should be able to adapt to these programs quickly.
Most recent customer reviews