Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 228 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 237 reviews
on July 9, 2014
I wanted the 2010 version of Office because I inherited an older laptop that had Windows 7 and did not want to risk trying to download the newer version. The product was shipped quickly and was well packed. I was a little concerned after I attempted to enter the key on the Microsoft website and found it didn't work. After much searching, I learned the site for the 2010 version is quite hidden. Here is the link:
Once I found the link, the key went in with no issues and the download was complete and successful. Well worth the money.
11 comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2014
The product arrived promptly and contained the product key and web site to download the software. As others had suggested, I looked to see if this new all-in-one desktop computer had a pre-existing version of Microsoft Office, as it supposedly would give problems to installing the "new" Office 2010 suite. However, because this new computer was running Windows 8 (which I was unaccustomed to using) I did not remove the small folder (Office 14) in the Programs folder in the C drive, which also did not appear to actually contain anything resembling a program. So I went ahead and downloaded/installed the 2010 version, but was subsequently unable to open the programs. I then went searching in the program files and did find the link to Office 2014. I uninstalled this program, deleted the folders for Office 14, and restarted the computer. After this, the folders labeled Office 14 reappeared, but the program did not show up in the Programs menu. I then reinstalled the downloaded Office 2010. However, I could not find out where the program actually lived on the computer.....stupid Windows 8 interface!!! Finally, I searched for the programs themselves and they appeared in the individual searches. I then put shortcuts on the taskbar for each of the programs and it has worked great ever since. Thus I reiterate....DEFINITELY go to the Program files and uninstall any programs remotely looking like Office 14 before downloading the 2010 files....it will make your life much easier.
33 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2014
Microsoft moved their download location for Office-2010, the location in the box is discontinued with no forwarding.
Go to the Microsoft Web Site and search on "Office 2010 Backup" and it will direct you to the new site.
Unfortunately you can not put a URL link in a review, or I would put it here.
You may have to create a Microsoft Account, and the download took about 45 minutes.
Next time I will bring along my old DVD/CD's and just use the new Product Key to activate.

Microsoft will also sell you the Program DVD for about $13.
on June 6, 2014
I was not able to download this product so I had to return it. The seller was more than helpful.... he even called me and helped me so much. I would definitely recommend this seller - but hasten to say that Microsoft needs to include an installation disc for their products if they wish to sell items to those of us with older and slower internet connections. Thanks to you the seller!!
on September 2, 2014
Buy this software because you have to, not because you want to. I have installed two copies of this product recently; one without a hitch in an old computer with an existing Office installation (!) and one (the latest in a new clean machine) that required a call to automated-registration hell. Seems that the new, uninstalled copy I just bought had "been installed too many times". I finally got a very helpful LIVE person and the installation proceeded without a further hitch (the contact phone number is revealed by the software after you struggle a while with the installation). Kudos to the CS MS trainers.

If you have not used the ribbon interface, prepare for a steep learning curve. Remember that GOOGLE is your friend (and MS help is not) when you are stymied by trying to figure out how to do something you formerly did with ease. Otherwise, remind yourself that this is progress and that you are clearly a reactionary Luddite for missing (and complaining about lack of) the old reliably laid-out menu structure. Get with the program and suck it up Soldier. Office is a 'no-whining zone'. Note that MS has finally achieved world-wide hegemony because everyone will now send you .docx files and you must upgrade or flop out of all your business and social relationships. The gods weep. Surely a fate worse than death. Hard not to recommend.
on October 30, 2014
The Product Key card I received looked OK and unused. But my attempt to download it was rejected due to it being "already used". I called MS tech support who verified this code was "used" and had been activated 15 times since April 2011. They graciously overrode the edit and allowed my download. Later, after installing it, I called them back and they allowed me to activate it. But they warned me that it would be hard/impossible to get the two (future) additional activations I would normally be eligible for if my code had been legit. Future MS Tech Support will likely cost me $ also. Amazon gave me a 30% refund for the added hours I spend chasing this all down, but they appear content to leave me with this counterfeit or stolen product.
on November 13, 2014
I was not able to download the software. After consulting a Microsoft Tech it was.discovered that the version I received was registered to be used in Africa. Speedy Deals is not responding to my complaint.
on May 7, 2016
★★★★ from csvreno on May 7, 2016

Got what I ordered, but..........

First off, and entirely my bad, I did not want a download version, I wanted a disc. After the fact it was obvious that they were selling a download version and I missed that. Secondly, the instructions take you to a non-Microsoft site with a horrible transfer rate. It was a race between the download and my laptop battery, which my battery won with a little to spare. Third, a number of features were not available when I looked in Customized Installation. They may not have been features I wanted, with the exception of Outlook, but why are they not available? I guess my biggest concern though, is why I did not receive an opportunity to register the product.
on October 13, 2014
As others have noted, this requires a careful installation. This worked first time for me on my Win 8.1 laptop:

1. If you have an existing MS Office program, or a "trial" version, on your PC, you must delete it first! See Control Panel>Add/Delete Programs.

2. Go to the site others have mentioned:

3. There, enter your product key and start the download. The download (900MB) takes ages, about an hour for me. Don't touch the PC, even though it sometimes seems nothing is happening.

4. Double-click the downloaded EXE file. Program gets installed, but when I opened Word, it then asked me to confirm the product key number, either online or by phone. Online didn't work, so I tried the phone. I was then required to speak 30 characters from a dialog box in Word into the phone, after which it gave me another 30 characters to enter into the dialog. Once I had done that, Word started working.

Phew! You'd think you were buying the Crown Jewels, given all the passcodes. However, everything works great, and you can't complain about the price.
on July 29, 2015
I'm glad I read the Q & A about this product as it prepared me for what to do when the keycard got here and therefore the download & install went as smooth as silk. So while I waited for the keycard to come in the mail, I set up my microsoft account (at microsoft.com) because I wanted to order the backup disc in the process (for $12 so have your credit card ready for that part if your getting it), but I think you may need to have a microsoft acct either way which is mentioned in the other reviews. I googled 'ms office 2010 home and student download' to find the page/site of where to start the download which is officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com (with the 'https' in front of it). The very first thing you do is enter the keycode, it verifies, and gives you a brief set of instructions to follow, but you almost don't need to read them cause the install prompts you along the way and its super easy and straight-forward. The whole thing, including ordering the disc took about 15 minutes and its up and working perfectly. I put this on a new computer (2015) but which I had Windows7 operating system installed on as I prefer it to Win8. Perfect for my many many school projects.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.