BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 4, 2013
I buy a variety of mice in quantity for a mid sized company.

This mouse is smaller than a "normal" sized desktop mouse. I have posted a picture for reference. It isn't as small as a tiny laptop mouse but is is just enough smaller as a desktop mouse that people with larger hands find it uncomfortable after a period of time because they have to squeeze their palm and fingers together to hold onto it. On the flip side, people with smaller hands love it. Also, it is super lightweight which does cause it to move around a bit on its own if the cord doesn't have enough slack, but when using a mouse all day long, the less weight, the better on a person's wrist. Quality is good with accurate tracking on a variety of surfaces, good clicking, and the scroll wheel is OK although a little too easily moved thus allowing an accidental bump if you ask me. 1000 DPI is on the high side so if you plug it into a computer that had a lower DPI mouse it will move fast relative to your hand and a change on your mouse settings might be needed.
review image
22 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2015
There are so many different types on mouse on the market; some have a smaller size and sturdy, others larger. You also have some mouse that have more than one dpi settings, lighter and move whisper quiet in your hand as well as glides lightly, rather than a sturdy heavier feel of control.

The Microsoft Optical Mouse 200 for Business is a 1000 dpi lightweight mouse with sensitive movement, I would definitely have to work with it for a few days, and become accustomed to its lighter feel, and gliding. It is lighter than other mouse I have handled in the past. It glides smoothly if placed on a mouse pad, or surface that it recognizes, it would be hard to handle if you place it on a glass surface desk.

While scrolling it allows you to scroll down in increments, not taking you all the way down to the bottom of a page, and/or website, in fact it seems as if it has a stopping mechanism, allowing view of a few lines at a time. This mouse has the appearance of a neatly designed mouse, smaller than your standard mouse from other manufacturers, a beautiful white color with soft silver lettering. It is very comfortable to use, and does not make loud sounds when clicking as you navigate through documents, surfing the Internet, or viewing websites. It is a wired mouse, (not wireless), with a cord of at least 6 feet, so you have a lot of room to work with your mouse, set-up is easy without all the fuss of software installation with your technology device. I would not suggest this mouse for heavy gamers; it would not give you the response that you are looking for, and need when playing games that require quick responses. It is great for working with documents, surfing on the Internet, and navigating through websites.

I am pleased with this mouse, at first I wanted to return it for the lightness and the way it glides so easily while moving, I was looking for a studier mouse. As I gave myself at least 2 days to become accumulated to the feel and navigation of the mouse, I found that I could handle it much better than other technology mouse I have purchased and handled in the past. The size is not too big or small, just right for my hands, I love the feel, and grip I have on this mouse.

I would recommend this mouse to others, including Amazon Customers, if you are looking for a nicely designed mouse, with a good grip, 1000 dpi, smooth navigation, not too noisy (clicking sounds) when navigating with this mouse, and at a reasonable price, this mouse would be for you.

If you are looking for a large mouse, with flashing lights, and for heavy gaming on your technology devices, then another mouse would be your best choice. The Seller has described this mouse accurately. The delivery time was excellent. It was packed neatly, and sealed firmly in an enclosed packaging brown box with booklets from Microsoft, a product guide and a Limited Warranty booklet. The packaging of this product was excellent.
on May 1, 2016
My current one only lasted three months. The problem is a faulty button that sometimes doesn't click, double-clicks when trying to single click, or releases the button unexpectedly when held down. So anything such as Word or just windows explorer file management that requires dragging items across the screen, or even just clicking on certain things, becomes a mess. I researched any software issues when I bought this last one and determined it is a hardware issue.
on January 5, 2015
It is a little smaller, than say an M100 Logitech mouse (picture included), and it is light weight mouse, but it has a snappy click for all 3 buttons (left, right, middle/scroll). It has held up well since I got it mid October. It was great, cheap, and had a decent length cable, 6 feet, I believe. I love it.

So a recap of potential pros and cons:

Cons:

-Red optical sensor (may not work on glass well)

Pros:

-Surprisingly durable
-Good cable length (6 ft.)

Neutral:

-Possible on the small end in terms of size
-Very light mouse (some prefer heavier)
review image
on January 8, 2017
For the $8 I paid well worth it for a backup mouse. I have it and the MS wired keyboard 200 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 (Black) hooked up to a USB 3 universal dock to use with a Surface Pro 3 at a desk (LCD monitor, keyboard/mouse and external HDD). Since I do not use it frequently its ok, but I would not recommend it as a daily, frequently used mouse. At least not according to my own preference.

To me its too small, but I am used to using a Logitech G600 at home and have had it for many years. Its very light as well, which in my opinion makes it more difficult to use with precision. Of course its not fair to compare the two.

I think this is a "You get what you pay for." situation. It works well enough for what it costs. Id buy it again for my intended purpose, but I would not recommend it as someones main mouse for daily use.
on January 16, 2016
Microsoft makes fantastic mice. I have a wired Microsoft mouse on each of my Linux workstations.

As observed in other reviews, this mouse is small, which I like. Build quality is generally excellent, although the silkscreened Microsoft logo at the rear is beginning to rub off after a year of heavy use. I've heard it mentioned that there are counterfeit Microsoft peripherals, and because this mouse has no label on the bottom and is so inexpensive, I went looking for the USB VID and PID to see if they belonged to Microsoft. They do, as we'll see.

This is the output from usb-devices on Linux (kernel 4.3.0):

T: Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 3 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=045e ProdID=0797 Rev=02.00
S: Product=USB Optical Mouse
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=98mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usbhid

"USB Optical Mouse" isn't at all reassuring! However, when we look up Vendor ID 045e we find Microsoft Corp, and when we look up Product ID 0797 we find 'Optical Mouse 200', which matches exactly. So if it's counterfeit, it certainly has the correct USB VID and PID...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2015
This is a decent little mouse for the price, but there are a few things you might want to know before buying:

It's extremely small. I have very small hands, even for a woman, and this mouse feels really small to me. It's by far the smallest desktop mouse I've ever owned. If you have large hands, this might not work for you.

The buttons are only 100% responsive on the EDGES. I guess I have a habit of holding the mouse slightly offset, so that my pointer finger is closer to the center (maybe it's just my small hands?) - and the left button doesn't always work. I notice I'm getting a LOT of "empty" clicks, and I have to make an effort to spread my fingers apart to get the buttons to work. It's annoying and uncomfortable.

This is an odd one - but also annoying - the cord is really stiff. It seems to get in the way of things on my desk, I guess because it isn't flexible enough to bend around coffee mugs & such. I've had both corded & wireless mice and have never had a preference before. Honestly, I've never even noticed the cords before. But this one doesn't bend well, which means it pushes back AGAINST the mouse. So I constantly feel the resistance against the mouse. It's just odd.

And, as others have pointed out, it's really loud. The button clicks seem to echo and are loud enough to be heard over music. The center scroll wheel ALSO clicks with each turn. Usually the wheels are silent, but not this one.

The GOOD thing about this mouse is that it's really responsive to movement. It makes detail work really easy. I do a lot with drawing programs and usually use a Wacom pen & tablet when I'm working with pictures, but this mouse is responsive enough that a lot of the time I don't even bother to switch to the pen. I don't play a lot of computer games, but I imagine this mouse would be responsive enough for gamers as well.

Overall, you get what you pay for, and I think this one's cheap for a reason. It gets the job done, but it's never going to be employee of the year.
on October 28, 2015
This is just a solid inexpensive mouse.

It's not to be a mouse for someone that spends 8 hours at a computer a day, or for an avid gamer. This is just a basic, you sit at your computer and check email, browse the net a little bit, get the job done kind of mouse.

We actually have 2, one we use with our laptop for those times when a mouse is going to be faster or easier than the touchpad, and one on our in home server. Both see moderate use and have had no issues.

It is light weight, which has it's pros and cons, and is smaller than the Microsoft mice of yore, but it's pretty standard to the average mouse size these days. It does have a very nice texture, it's not slippery at all. The buttons have a good feedback and feel stable, unlike some inexpensive mice that have buttons that can feel wobbly. The scroll wheel feels solid yet a little gummy when you spin it, though it feels accurate and has good feedback, I never feel unsure of what to expect from it.

Generally at this price point most of the mice you can find aren't going to be nearly as good of quality as this one. If you want something inexpensive yet reliable and gets the job done, this is perfect.
Enthusiast: Photographyon December 10, 2014
I got this to use with a used iMac 21" desktop, as I wanted to use a white mouse to match the iMac style. Well it is off-white, not white (like the keyboard) but what caused me to get a replacement was that it was not easy to use. The left and right finger "buttons" were difficult enough to push that it made my had uncomfortable after an hour or so of "mousing" around. I replaced it with a Daffodil WMS500 Wireless Optical Mouse 2.4GHz (on Amazon) which is a great improvement in color and comfort.
on April 7, 2015
This is a fantastic office mouse. It's reliable and built like a rock -- I've spilled coffee on it, dropped it, sat on it, traveled all over the world with it crammed into my carryon; it just works no matter what. Very low power draw if you're using it with a laptop, so it won't drain your battery; you don't have to worry about losing your little bluebooth tab since it's wired. Inexpensive, indestructible, and just all around a great beater mouse to carry around.

Moreover, it fits in my hand comfortably, and isn't too sensitive. This would NOT be a good mouse for graphic designers or any artist using their mice for high precision work, but for a consultant like myself (think Word/Excel/Email for hours a day) -- this is absolutely perfect.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.