- Platform: Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Media: Software Download
- Item Quantity: 1
This item is currently unavailable.
Microsoft Retail Office Home Business 2013 Product Key
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
- Product download occurs on Office.com. Details about the download process are listed below.
- The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook
- One time purchase for the life of your PC; limited to one "licensed computer" at a time and transfer eligibility restrictions apply.
- NOTE: Does not include Publisher or Access.
- NOTE: Windows XP and Vista NOT supported. This product requires Windows 7 or newer operating systems.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Office Home & Business 2013 is designed to help you create and communicate faster with new, time-saving features and a clean, modern look. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive and access them virtually anywhere.
Office Home & Business 2013
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote plus Outlook on one PC.
Office Home & Business 2013 is designed to help you create and organize faster with time saving features and a clean, modern look. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive and access them when you are not at home.
What’s new in this release of Office?
The 2013 versions of familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint include new features that help you create, communicate and work efficiently from virtually anywhere. In addition to updating the traditional Office suites, Microsoft has developed brand new subscription versions of Office, specifically designed around the way customers use Office. Each new subscription offer will include the 2013 versions of the Office applications, for example Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus cloud services such as Skype world minutes and online storage with SkyDrive.
Subscribers will also receive future rights to version upgrades as well as per-use rights across multiple PCs or Macs and select mobile devices.1 Note: The Office applications you can use across PCs, Macs and other devices vary by platform.
1Visit www.office.com/information for a current list of devices. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
What is the difference between the Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?
Microsoft Office is still the name Microsoft uses for its familiar productivity software. Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. All Office 2013 suites include the latest versions of the applications, for use on a single PC.
Microsoft uses the name “Office 365” for products that include cloud services, such as additional SkyDrive online storage, Skype minutes for home use, Lync web conferencing or Exchange Online hosted email for businesses. Cloud services are features that are enabled over the Internet. Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis, annually. Active subscribers will receive future rights to version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
What it includes:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Office on one PC for household use.
- One time purchase for the life of your PC; non-transferrable.
- 7 GB of online storage in SkyDrive.
- Free Office Web Apps1 for accessing, editing, and sharing documents.
- An improved user interface optimized for touch, pen, and keyboard.
How do I download Office?
Please note: This item requires a download directly from Microsoft. Below are instructions on what to expect when you purchase an Office download from Amazon.com:
- Once you have completed your software download purchase at Amazon.com, you must click the "Continue to Office.com" button to get your software. The "Continue to Office.com" button can be found in your confirmation email, Your Games and Software Library, and on the Thank You page once you've completed your purchase.
- You will be directed to a custom Microsoft Office site to register or sign-in with a Microsoft account.
- Select your preferred country and language.
- From your "My Account" page with Microsoft, select the item that you want to install.
- Click the "Install" button to begin your download.
What's new with Office?
Complete Tasks Easily
- Experience Office on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimized for touch, pen, and keyboard.
- An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
- The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates.
- Get your emails, schedule, and tasks in Outlook.
- See your Outlook schedule, an appointment, or details about a contact without changing screens.
- Create presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.
- Recommended Charts helps you visualize data in Excel.
Microsoft Office Applications
- Add pictures, videos, or online media with a simple drag and drop.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
- Incorporate content from PDFs into Word documents.
- Flash Fill in Excel allows you to format and rearrange your data with tools that recognize patterns and auto complete data with no formulas or macros required.
- Computer and Processor: 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32 Bit) /2 GB RAM (64 Bit) recommended for graphics features and certain advanced functionality2
- Hard Disk: 3.0 GB of available disk space
- Display: 1366 x 768 resolution
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5 or greater
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card
- *Note: Will not work with Exchange servers prior to 2008
- *Note: Will not work with Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook
- Internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or later. Mozilla Firefox 12 or later, Apple Safari 5 or later, Google Chrome 18 or later.
- Microsoft and Skype accounts.
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. New touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Information Right Management features require access to a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Which version is right for you?
Office Home & Business 2013 has Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook, on one PC. But if you're still not sure which version is right for you, check out our comparison chart.
|Office 365 Personal8,12||Office 365 Home8,12||Office 365 University8,12,14||Office Home & Business 2013||Office Home & Student 20138|
|Installs||1 PC/Mac2 + 1 iPad/Windows tablet11||Up to 5 PCs/Macs2 + 5 iPads/Windows tablets1||Up to 2 PCs/Macs/iPads/Windows tablets7||1 PC||1 PC|
|Core Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote8||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Email, calendars, and tasks: Outlook||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Desktop publishing & databases: Publisher, Access8||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy smartphone access: View and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents on the fly9||✓||✓||✓|
|Skype: 60 minutes of Skype calls each month to phones in 60+ countries5||✓||✓||✓|
|OneDrive online storage (20 GB/user): Save documents for easy access and sharing virtually anywhere||1 user||Up to 5 users||✓|
|Easy subscription: Renewal required||1 year||1 year||4 years|
|Ongoing updates: Always have the latest Office applications7||✓||✓||✓|
1. Windows 7, Windows 8 OS, Windows Phone 7.5, Mac OS X version 10.5.8 required. Visit www.office.com/mobile for applicable devices. Windows RT devices come preinstalled with Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
2. Access and Publisher available on PC only. OneNote not available on Mac OS.
3. Internet and/or carrier network connection required; charges may apply.
4. You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you, but not more than one time every 90 days (except due to hardware failure, in which case you may transfer sooner). If you transfer the software to another computer, that other computer becomes the "licensed computer."
5. Skype account required. Excludes special, premium, and non-geographic numbers. Calls to mobile phones are for select countries only. Skype available only in select countries.
6. For non-commercial use.
7. Current Office application versions for Office 365 are Office 2013 for Windows and Office 2011 for Mac. Customers with an active subscription will be entitled to the newest versions when available.
8. Application availability and features vary by platform and device. OneNote, Publisher, and Access available for PC only.
9. Office Mobile comes pre-installed on Windows Phones and is also available on Android phones and iPhones. See www.office.com/information.
10. Compatible only with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Max OS X 10.6 and later.
11. Compatible devices only. Learn more at www.office.com/information.
12. Eligibility verification required. Only full and part-time enrolled higher education students, faculty, and staff in accredited institutions are eligible. Alumni of these institutions are ineligible.
This software will not work on a Remote Desktop Session Host server environment.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* The program would crash periodically (once every day or two)
* Warning to anyone who has experience with the last few major versions of the product -- the user interface is completely different, so you need to re-learn the programs. Gave it a try for a few weeks, but didn't end up getting comfortable with the new UI (and I am rather adaptable in this way)
* The licensing is very difficult. After buying on Amazon, I followed the link from the Amazon Media center to download the product, but was unable to get through the login process on a Microsoft site. I called the support people and they gave me a different URL that worked. When I decided that this program was not for me, I tried to return the product, but Amazon would not accept a return -- sent me to Microsoft. At Microsoft, I was transferred three times, ending up in a department with a name something like "Customer Satisfaction Guarantee." They told me that because it was sold by Amazon, I would need to call Amazon. Frustrated, I called Amazon and they told me that they could not accept a return. However, after I persisted for a while they did accept the return, but I am pretty certain they just swallowed the cost to keep me happy (Kudos Amazon).
I purchased Office 2010 and am reasonably happy at this point.
So, beware. Usually newer versions offer improvements, but Office 2013 offers none and if your not happy with it, you are probably not going to get your money back from Amazon or Microsoft.