|Standing screen display size||13.5 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||2256x1504 Pixels|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics|
|Wireless Type||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11abg, 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11a|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB) - Platinum
|You Save:||$180.00 (18%)|
|Display Size||13.5 Inches|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Clean, elegant design thin and light, starting at just 2.76 pounds, Surface Laptop 2 fits easily in your bag
- Choose from rich tone on tone color combinations: Platinum, Burgundy, and Cobalt Blue
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- All day battery life, with up to 14.5 hours of video playback. Vibrant 13.5 inches Pixel Sense Display with interactive touchscreen and razor sharp resolution
- The Windows you know comes with Windows 10 Home
There is a newer model of this item:
Buy this product as Renewed and save $189.01 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
More power for your passions
The perfect partner for your side hustle, Surface Laptop 2 gives you more power to do what you want, with the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor. Up to 14.5 hours of battery life leaves time for some Netflix.
Slip it in your bag and go
Stand out and complement your on-the-go style with the thin, elegant Surface Laptop 2 that fits easily in your bag. Complete your look with a choice of rich tone-on-tone colors, including classic Black.
A creative touch
Let your ideas flow through your fingertips on the vibrant 13.5” touchscreen that supports fast, easy navigation for work, creative inspiration, or simply sharing photos with friends.
Do more with the Windows you know
Get started right away with Windows 10 Home. Enjoy familiar features like password-free Windows Hello sign-in and Cortana intelligent assistant — and create your best work with Office 365 on Windows.
Vibrant 13.5” PixelSense Display
With interactive touchscreen and razor-sharp resolution.
Invisible Omnisonic Speakers
Discreetly hidden below the keyboard, deliver radiant, omnidirectional sound.
Type in comfort
On the Signature Alcantara material covered keyboard and palm rest.
Surface Arc Mouse
Slim, light and ready to travel, Surface Arc Mouse is designed to conform to your hand and snaps flat to fit easily in your bag. Connects via Bluetooth.
Instantly transform your Surface Laptop 2 into a desktop PC.
Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
Plug in. Connect. Project.
Write and draw naturally, with precision ink on one end and a rubber eraser on the other.
|Surface Go||Surface Pro 6||Surface Laptop 2||Surface Book 2||Surface Studio 2|
|Processor||Intel Pentium Gold||Intel Core 8th Gen i5 or i7||Intel Core 8th Gen i5 or i7||Intel 7th Gen Core i5 or Intel 8th Gen Core i7 (quad-core)||Intel Core 7th Gen i7|
|Screen||10" PixelSense Display||12.3” PixelSense Display||13.5” PixelSense Display||13.5” or 15” PixelSense Display||28” PixelSense Display|
|Modes||Laptop, Tablet, Studio||Laptop, Tablet, Studio||Laptop||Laptop, Tablet, Studio, View||Desktop, Studio|
|Memory||4GB or 8GB RAM||8GB or 16GB RAM||8GB or 16GB RAM||8GB or 16GB RAM||16GB or 32GB (DDR4)|
|Storage||64GB eMMC or 128GB SSD||SSD 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB||SSD 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB||SSD 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB PCIe SSD||SSD 1TB or 2TB|
|Battery life||Up to 9 hours of video playback||Up to 13.5 hours of video playback||Up to 14.5 hours of local video playback||Up to 17 hours of video playback||N/A|
|Operating System (OS)||Windows 10 Home in S Mode||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Pro||Windows 10 Pro|
Compare with similar items
Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256 GB) - Black (Renewed)
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 – 13.5" Touch-Screen – Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive (Latest Model) – Platinum with Alcantara
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 – 15" Touch-Screen – AMD Ryzen 5 Microsoft Surface Edition - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive – Matte Black (VGZ-00022)
Microsoft Surface Laptop (1st Gen) D9P-00001 Laptop (Windows 10 S, Intel Core i5, 13.5" LED-Lit Screen, Storage: 128 GB, RAM: 4 GB) Platinum
Apple MacBook Air (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage) - Space Gray (Latest Model)
|Sold By||Deal Road||DIGJUNGLE||Amazon.com||Deal Road||CableTwists||Amazon.com|
|Computer Memory Size||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||256 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|CPU Model Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||AMD||Intel||Intel|
|CPU Speed||1.6 GHz||1.6 GHz||1.2 GHz||2.1 GHz||3.1 GHz||1.1 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||2256x1504 pixels||2256 x 1504 pixels||—||2496 x 1664||2256x1504 pixels||—|
|Screen Size||13.5 inches||13.5 inches||13.5 inches||15 inches||13.5 inches||13 inches|
|Hard Disk Size||0 GB||0 GB||128 GB||256 GB||128 GB||256 GB|
|Item Dimensions||12.13 x 8.79 x 0.96 inches||13.50 x 2.00 x 10.00 inches||13.50 x 2.00 x 10.00 inches||4.00 x 3.00 x 3.00 inches||0.57 x 12.13 x 8.79 inches||12.76 x 2.40 x 9.09 inches|
|Item Weight||2.76 lbs||2.76 lbs||3.40 lbs||3.40 lbs||2.76 lbs||—|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 S||macOS|
|RAM Type||DDR DRAM||DDR DRAM||Unknown||Unknown||DDR SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11a, 802.11abg||802.11ac||—||802.11ac||802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11b||802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
Clean, elegant design - thin and light, starting at just 2.76 pounds, Surface Laptop 2 fits easily in your bag..Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: Platinum, Burgundy, and Cobalt Blue..Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor..All-day battery life, with up to 14.5 hours of video playback. Vibrant 13.5" PixelSense Display with interactive touchscreen and razor-sharp resolution..The Windows you know - comes with Windows 10 Home..
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Beautiful touchscreen display: This stands out when comparing it to the MacBook Pro. The display between the Mac and the Surface is very similar but touch capability makes it easier than being limited to the touchpad only. I have to say my hand tends to stay on the touchpad anyways but the option of swiping or tapping the screen can make certain tasks easier to do. The laptop has decent brightness if you are working outdoors, although like pretty much any laptop you shouldn’t be working on it in direct sunlight for the best results.
- Amazing performance: I personally haven’t compared the Surface Laptop 2 side by side to the MacBook Pro to get a decent comparison but the Surface definitely gets the job done. Whether I’m video editing or browsing the web the Surface runs all of these programs smoothly. With at least 8GB of ram you can run several tasks at once without any delay, it stood up to just about everything I threw at it. As long as you’re not hardcore gaming on it the laptop runs smoothly
- Amazing design: The design has stayed the same from last years model. The metal design on the outside of the laptop gives it a very smooth finish and premium feel. The laptop also has the alcantara fabric around the touchpad and keyboard which makes typing on the laptop easier on your wrists. Along with the design the laptop is fairly light and easy to carry around without too much effort.
- Battery life: The battery life is decent on the laptop. With the high end processor and display it makes sense why the battery doesn’t meet up to some people’s expectations. I can get through a solid 6 - 7 hours of web browsing and occasional videos on a single charge. The charging cable for the laptop is compact so bringing it along shouldn’t be a problem.
Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C: Despite the features on this laptop it lacks Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C ports. Although it’s basically an upgrade from last years model it would have been nice if they implemented both of these in the laptop, but personally it isn’t a deal breaker.
Windows 10 Home: This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home, not the Pro version. This isn’t any issue for me as much since I don’t use any of the extra features the pro version provides. But BEWARE, this comes with Windows 10 Home.
This laptop should suite most people in their day to day tasks. The performance should meet or exceed your expectations if you have a laptop older than 4 years so if you’re looking for an upgrade this is definitely worth the buy. Keep an eye out for sales on the Surface Laptop 2 to get a even better deal for an amazing laptop!
First, fit and finish are tight. No complaints there. Lack of USB-C was a bit of a thing, but I decided to try anyway. Display was beautiful, another non-complaint.
Main reasons for giving it the boot was:
1. Battery life. The SL2 struggled to give me 7 hours no matter how I configured it. Less than people were reporting and waaaay less than Microsoft advertised.
2. Slow. With the chip and RAM inserted, everything should have been faster.
3. Performance. Could not get it to play movies in any app or player without severe hiccuping/studdering.
When the performance and battery life is on par with the Surface Go, the laptop had to go. Maybe I got a lemon, but I also read about how the SL2 was non-user fixable or upgradable. You can’t even replace a dying battery. Opening it up is impossible without destroying it. Everything inside is glued, soldered or spot welded down. Microsoft even admitted that due to the way the devices are constructed, any problems result in the laptop being junked. Not very eco-friendly.
TL;DR 2nd gen is not worth the $, save it for the next unit with (hopefully) actual/material upgrades. Also be aware that SURFACE LAPTOPS WERE NOT MADE TO BE REPAIRED. Thus, if there is a problem outside the 1yr warranty- you can’t fix it. You’ll have to buy new or pray that Microsoft will side with you on the defects *cough, not likely*.
Top reviews from other countries
3- weights almost nothing
4- graphics are perfect
5- touchscreen works perfectly
6- keyboard has a nice feel
1- I wish there had been more ports (hdmi, usb, etc.)
Also, don't forget to bring your power cable with you - you won't often be able to find a replacement. All of Microsoft's Surface products run off of different connectors/voltages/etc.
The Alacantra fabric keyword is also a charm to rest your palms on, though it does lose its texture over a few days. Battery life is decent and lasts for a day almost. Made a transition from Macbook 12" so find it a little heavy but the screen more than makes up for it.