|Screen Size||13.5 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||3000x2000, 267dpi pixels|
|Processor||2.4 GHz Intel Core i5|
|Hard Drive||Flash Memory Solid State|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||8 GB|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||9 hours|
Microsoft Surface Book (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB) with Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Microsoft Surface Book features a 6th generation Intel Core i5 processor, 256 GB of storage, 8GB RAM, and up to 12 hours of video playback
- 13.5 inch PixelSense Display works perfectly with Pen and touch (Surface Pen included)
- Featuring Windows Ink, a way to naturally capture notes at the speed of thought with no need to be logged in
- Make your video calls come to life with front and rear facing cameras and stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium
- Windows delivers comprehensive security including anti-virus, firewall, and anti-phishing technologies for the supported lifetime of your device
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Most powerful device in its class
Surface Book is built to run all the professional-grade software you need for engineering, design, and everything in-between.
A full day of ideation & creation
Up to 12 hours of battery life for video playback keeps you going all day, every day. Now you can bring your work anywhere.
Meticulously crafted & built to last
Surface Book was carefully designed to be a powerful laptop that is thin enough to take anywhere without losing an ounce of performance.
Design & create with Surface Pen
Surface Pen has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity and an eraser on the other end. Just flip it around and erase your Pen strokes like you would with a regular pencil.
Detachable PixelSense Display, with Pen & touch
The 13.5” PixelSense Display on Surface Book is simply stunning, while working perfectly with Pen and touch. The 6 million pixels give you unbeatable resolution and color rivaling real life.
Watch, draw, or design
Once detached, flip the screen 180 degrees and reattach it to the Integrated Keyboard to present, watch movies, or design with Surface Pen.
Engineered for professional-grade software
Surface Book speeds through intensive professional software, like SolidWorks 3D CAD, AutoCAD Revit, and Adobe Premiere Pro(2). With the power to run this software anywhere, you’re no longer chained to your desk.
Compare to similar items
This item Microsoft Surface Book (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB) with Windows 10 Anniversary Update
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|RAM Size||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB|
|Connectivity Technology||—||Wireless||—||bluetooth, usb|
|Processor Series||Intel Core i5||Intel Core i5||Core i3-520M||Intel Core i5|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor Speed||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||—|
|Display Resolution Maximum||3000x2000, 267dpi pixels||3000*2000 pixels||3000x2000 pixels||—|
|Screen Size||13.5 in||15.6 in||13 in||13.5 in|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics||Intel HD||geforce||Intel HD Graphics|
|Hard Disk Description||Flash Memory Solid State||256GB SSD Solid State Drive||256GB SSD Solid State Drive||flash_memory_solid_state|
|Hard-Drive Size||—||256 GB||256 GB||256 GB|
|Human-Interface Input||Touch screen/stylus pen||Keyboard, Touch Screen, Touch screen/stylus pen, Microphone, OCR||Touch Screen||Keyboard, Touch Screen|
|Item Dimensions||9.14 x 12.3 x 0.9 in||16.46 x 10.95 x 1.93 in||—||9.14 x 12.3 x 0.9 in|
|Item Weight||3.34 lbs||3.48 lbs||3.48 lbs||1 lb|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|Wireless Compatibility||—||802.11 A/C||—||—|
Microsoft Surface Book features the 6th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB memory and a 256GB solid state drive. It is ultra-thin, meticulously crafted, with an incredible 13.5” PixelSense touch-screen display with 3000 x 2000 resolution detachable. Use the included Surface Pen to mark-up presentations, sign documents, take notes and much more. Surface Book is built to run all the professional-grade software you need for engineering, design, and everything in-between.
Top Customer Reviews
- Futuristic design with its hinge design and polish silver covering. This will defiantly make people turn their heads.
- Tablet separation is seamless, as all you have to do is press the eject button on the keyboard.
- Full magnesium body creates a strong and sturdy design. It’s one flat piece of metal so it’ll be able to hold its ground anywhere you go.
- It's solid, even when you're holding the tablet, when connected to the keyboard, it will not get loss of feel it’s about to disconnect.
- Unlike many laptops, you will never see any key outlines of oily imprints on the screen when you close it.
- This is the first to have a separate graphic processor (Nvidia) into a computer tablet. Very rare right now to have that much power in smaller laptops.
- Tablet, when drawing or writing, is smooth and fluent
- SSD drive, you can never go wrong with an SSD.
- Unlike its previous models with the kickstand, this one is built to stay on your lap.
- The keyboard layout is one of the best as it private a deep click, creating a satisfying feedback.
- Nothing plastic this is as if Apple has built it.
- Pen works at it does and has a built in magnet so you attach it to the side.
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Nvidia graphic chip will be able to run some basic gaming.
- The battery layout is pretty impressive as there are two batteries built in. When the base battery is dead you can still us it as a tablet because that battery will never be used when attached to the base.
- Not much bloatware. This is something that we can all appreciate when buying a new computer.
- Beautiful display with a 3000x2000 pixel layout.
- Dark scenes in videos are deep and consistent in quality, even when the brightness on the computer is turned up.
- Strong performance, definitely above average.
- The touch surface is stable and not glitchy at all. Smooth and gliding, with no resistance.
- Backlit keyboard is a beautiful light display that illuminates the symbol on each key.
- Brightness level works like a charm when you’re outside facing the evil sun.
- Large trackpad.
- High power I-core and GTX 965M graphics card make this a beast with higher end programs.
- 6-10 hours of battery life (this is also a Con) of the normal day browsing the web, jumping between apps, writing an email, social media. Not bad for the power it holds.
- The webcam is enough to have meetings on it as well has a built-in facial recognition for signing into Windows without a password (Yes, it does work just as it promises).
Cons and Oks:__________
- When your tablet is low on battery, when connecting it to the base you will not be able to eject it until the battery is recharged till a certain amount.
- Battery life is decent but falls in what they promise (12-15 hours). I suppose it’s possible if you just do the bare minimal, but the worse I got was 6 hours. So it’s still a great battery life, just not as long as it’s stated.
- Always need major updates which become annoying.
- The unique hinges make the screen unable to close flat on itself. You will have a noticeable gap between the screen and keyboard when the unit is closed.
- Tablet weights around 1.5-2 lbs.
- This is not a gaming laptop; you will be able to play some basic gaming on medium graphics.
- Overall the tablet and base combine to weigh around 3.5 lbs. Pretty heavy for what it represents. Keep in mind this weight is justified because of its solid, full metal body.
- No key function to control the screen brightness as sometimes the auto-adjusting light sensor isn’t entirely accurate.
- Multi-touch gestures are still not the best in response.
- All ports are on the keyboard so none (except the audio port) of the ports will come with the tablet when you detached it.
- Tablet around 2:30 of battery life.
- No USB Type-C ports.
- Expensive compare what other competitors are selling with closely resemble software.
- The “sleep of death” has occurred This is when the computer will go to sleep but won’t wake up as the only option will need to be a hard set. The “sleep of death” keeps running the battery until it runs out. There have been updates to prevent this from happening.
- You are not able to update the RAM.
- No HDMI port as you will need to purchase and adapter to get this option.
It’s indeed a strong laptop and a powerful tablet. This is the first form of layout that you’ll be able to function both sides of use without any annoyance as both the base and tablet functions work beautifully. I consider the last model the iPhone 6 and this model the iPhone 7. Meaning if you already have a Surface Book there is no need to upgrade to this because it’s relatively the same of its previous models.
The battery life can be as low as 6 hours and as high as 13, given on how much power you use it for, but I believe this system is built for specific people. Specific people who are illustrators, Media professionals, designers, office presenters (PowerPoint), and video / photo editors will enjoy the concept this system. The detachable design makes it excellent for business collaboration and is built for those who need to show others what they’re doing. If you’re looking for a desktop replacement, this will not be the answer as it's built to take on the go, as well as you’ll be able to afford powerful desktop with half the price.
Overall if you want to have best in hardware for a 2 in 1 laptop, this is a must. Is fast, beautifully designed (will turn heads), a powerful processor, a long battery life, futurist design, has the advantage of the GPU hardware, and is the best around in the market for a Surface Pro. Yes, the Surface Book is built more as a laptop than a tablet but, after your work, detach the tablet and use it for entertainment (Netflix time). Verdict: It’s a system that is built for business and pleasure.
Hopefully I was helpful to you,
I've owned 4 or 5 different laptops over the years and none have come close to the Microsoft Surface Book. just prior to buying this one, I purchased a different brand of laptop from a big store, It was significantly larger in size and had a detachable keyboard. I had it for a week and returned it. Had trouble with it right out of the box, did not run right at all and kept shutting down. And it turns out, it was way too big for me anyway. I didn't like how the keyboard detached and I didn't like how big the tablet was. I am SO glad I returned that one and found the Surface Book on Amazon.
So, I was a bit concerned at first that the Surface Book would be a little too small for me because I always had bigger laptops, but that turned out to be what is so great about it. I can take it anywhere. I put it in the case I bought with it and take it everywhere. Fits perfectly in my backpack.
The detachable keyboard is awesome. One button to detach and I'm working on an awesome tablet. Line it back up and it locks itself back in. it is so cool, I can't say enough good things about it.
I've had it for a couple of months now and I have not had a single issue, not one complaint and no regrets. I really enjoy working on it and have never been able to say that about any other laptop that I had in the past. It's just fun.
I can honestly say that the Microsoft Surface Book (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB) with Windows 10 Anniversary Update is THE BEST and most ENJOYABLE laptop I have ever owned. I have, and will continue to recommend it to everyone.
As a college student who likes to play some video games and create graphic art on the side, the surfacebook met all my needs in one slim and powerful package.
However, around two months ago I started having issues with my computer randomly rebooting at times and the hinges becoming too loose. I didn't think much of this at the time as the computer overall was still functional and satisfactory. A few weeks after the problems arose the computer became unusable, as it restarted literally every 30 seconds after the computer was turned on.
Now I've sent it out for repair/replacement.
After doing some research I found out the problems I was having with the restarts were almost universal in the surfacebook user community and am here to warn all potential buyers that this computer will most likely have small to big problems within a few months of use.
I am giving 2 stars for the horrible bugs and issues.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic computer, I've had a few and this is definitely the best one I've ever had, quick, smooth look, works perfectly as laptop or tablet.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.