- Online Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
- Note: Gifting is not available for this item.
- ASIN: B01019BOEA
- Date first listed on Amazon: June 20, 2015
- Average Customer Review: 230 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #22 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | Download
- Windows 10 gives you the best experience for starting fast and getting things done
- Windows Hello is the password-free sign-in that gives you the fastest, most secure way to unlock your Windows devices
- Windows 10 delivers comprehensive protection – including antivirus, firewall, internet protections, and more
- BitLocker data encryption and protection help keep your information safe
- Hyper-V functionality lets you create virtual machines, while Remote Desktop allows you to log in from a different computer
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Do things confidently.
Windows 10 was developed using feedback from millions of people, so you can feel confident that Windows 10 works the way you want it to. Additionally, Windows 10 helps you stay current for a worry-free experience with the greatest features and our latest protection against viruses, phishing and malware.
A web that works the way you do.
The all-new browser is great for getting things done online. Write or type directly on webpages and easily share the mark-ups; you'll also like reading online articles free of distractions. The address bar gives you personalized recommendations to get you quickly to your online destination.
Take your gaming further.
Great Xbox titles, the best of Xbox Live, and your Xbox community, achievements, and game collection via the Xbox app. You can even use your Xbox controller and stream Xbox One games on your home Windows 10 PC, laptop, or tablet. (1)
Do things across your devices.
Take your movies, music, and photos with you across all your devices with OneDrive. Plus, with OneDrive, you get 15GB of free storage space.
Do things magically.
Cortana (2) is your truly personal digital assistant who learns more about you over time. Cortana works across all your devices, from phone to tablet to PC, to help you do more and forget less.
(1) Features only available in supported games in Xbox Live supported countries. See xbox.com/live/countries. Limited number of games available in 2015 support cross-device play; additional games to follow. Stream to one device at a time; streaming with multiplayer from Xbox One requires network connection and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately); Gold also required for multiplayer play on Xbox One. DirectX 12 only available with supported games and graphics chips.
(2) Cortana available in select global markets at launch. Cortana experience may vary by region and device.
Windows 10 Pro includes all the features of Windows 10 Home, plus business functionality for encryption, remote log-in, creating virtual machines, and more. With Windows 10 Pro, you’ll always have the latest features and security. Experience faster start-ups, a familiar yet expanded Start menu, and great new ways to get stuff done.
Platform: PC Download
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-8 of 230 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just read up/google on anything you don't know how to do
If you are using Win8-10 this won't apply to you. Their media creation tool works fine on those OS's but this can shave off some waiting... You might have seen the other reviews and the problems they have ran into. I can confirm most (I didn't read them all) are correct! Now let me help you save some time.
Download "media creation tool" as you are instructed by following the amazon link after you purchase the product.
Now, create the ISO file on your desktop by running Microsoft media creation tool. Ignore the USB option, it won't see your USB drive in windows 7. Don't believe me? Try it.
Meanwhile the ISO is downloading, download Rufus ([...])
Once you have the ISO on your desktop, launch Rufus. Select your USB drive and then near the bottom an icon to select the ISO you just downloaded.
If you are using Win8-10, again this doesn't apply to you but it could shave off 30-120minutes of waiting. Run Rufus and allow it to create your bootable drive for the fresh install.
Reboot, follow Microsoft's instructions.
If you run into a "< Product Key >" error at the initial installation. Remove any CD or DVD from your drive. Reboot and try again. If you need to load SCSI/etc drivers, put the CD back in when you need to select a drive from your array.
1. Why? I have a Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 7 Pro - basically mirrored my office set up. At the office, we've gone to Windows 10 pro so I made the upgrade.
2. How easy was it? Well.... here is what happened. I bought the item and it appeared in my digital orders folder. I follow the instructions.
3. I had upgraded PC before so I had done all of the usual stuff: (1) made plenty of room for the new OS on the C drive (needs about 20 GB for the 64 bit version), (2) cleaned up the computer of temp files, junk and stuff, (3) made a backup and restore point, (4) located all of the old programs for a reinstall in case the upgrade didn't work, so I thought I was ready.
4. It takes a LONG time to down load the actual system, the download program that does the work is a quick file - so don't be impatient - it is longer than some movies run and your time may depend on the speed of your connection, and time of day, etc.
5. Next there are two options - do you want to upgrade the computer you just downloaded the download program to or do you want to create a USB drive and upgrade off of this? (this is the case you were downloading on computer and upgrading another one).
6. Key point, the USB must be at least 8 GB and should be empty. It will have the iso file with the upgrade BUT you can't just copy to it, you have to use the program because it makes it a bootable USB drive.
7. THEN ... you can finally start upgrading...normally it takes a few hours I'm told, but this process took almost 10 hours. To their credit the support people at Microsoft were helpful. The program hung up because it claimed the product key was invalid.
8. After reaching the company and going over with them, they acknowledged the key was valid, and set to work - there is some glitch in the uploader program - we spent hours back and ultimately we got it to upgrade but then....
9. The video drivers won't load... because of a known problem with Nvidia and Windows 10, so back to stripping out all of the old stuff, literally seeking out individual files with names like nvdsp.inf, nv_lh, and nvoclock....and clean out all Nvidia Corporation folders and kill all processes using Task Manager...
10. Finally then do another install but choose the custom setting and pick the ones you need ...
And it worked ...and I'm writing this now.
So, was it worth it? I'm honestly not sure, but the program seems pretty stable so far. Since Windows 7 things have been OK - It looks like they are trying to create one common system for tablets, laptops and PCs.
Anyway - if you need for work - it is OK - but if you are not a real computer buff, and don't need to upgrade, you might want to wait and see if they can sort out these upgrade issues.
I went on line and it seems that there are some out there.
Fabulous experience overall.
The Heading "Microsoft 10 Pro | Download" is misleading. Amazon will only give you a product key and gives a hyperlink to a help page that tells you how to download the Windows 10 creation tool.
It appears Amazon will keep a copy of the product key in your software and digital download section of your account. To keep up to date with the Products Title, they should have done a hyperlink leading to the MediaCreationTool1803.exe right under the product key to stop the misleading word Download.