- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1 edition (May 2, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118016858
- ISBN-13: 978-1118016855
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 74 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #237,464 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Microsoft Windows Networking Essentials 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Learn Windows Networking Quickly and Easily
This unique, full-color guide covers Windows networking basics, giving you a solid foundation in the technology as well as preparing you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-366, Networking Fundamentals. Learn general networking concepts, then get up to speed on switches, routers, LANs, WANs, and morewith a focus on technologies used in Microsoft networks. Whether you're an aspiring networking professional or just brushing up, it's the essential information you need to be successful in networking in a Windows environment.
Learn these Windows networking essentialsand more:
- Networking for home computers, small offices, and large enterprises
- Identifying necessary hardware, protocols, services, and infrastructures
- Understanding the OSI and TCP models
- Connecting computers with switches and routers
- Understanding the components of an IPv4 or IPv6 address
- Resolving names to IP addresses, and understanding DNS and WINS
- Understanding the basics of LANs, WANs, and wireless networks
- Preparing for MTA Exam 98-366, Networking Fundamentals
This striking Essentials book features:
- Chapter-opening learning objectives
- Full coverage of all exam topics
- Four-color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyondsummaries and additional suggested exercises
- Chapter review questions
About the Author
About the Author
Darril Gibson, MCSE, MCITP, ITIL v3, Security+, CISSP, is the CEO of Security Consulting and Training, LLC. A Microsoft Certified Trainer since August 1999, Darril regularly teaches, writes, and consults on a wide variety of security and technical topics. He has authored, coauthored, or contributed to 14 books on a wide range of topics that include Windows Server, Windows 7, SQL Server, and IT security.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 74 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On a side note, I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the answers to the questions at the end of the chapters not being in the book. Perhaps I got a newer version but the answers to the questions are, in fact, in the book. They are just towards the very back of the book. I didn't know this until I was almost finished with the book because I had read reviews saying the answers weren't in the book, so I didn't bother looking. Just so you know.