Microsoft Windows 7 Professional [Old Version]
|Price:||$459.10 & FREE Shipping|
- Recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network, connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation; This is the Retail version of the software
- Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often
- Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the Manufacturer
With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, it's a great choice for home and for business. Need to use multiple languages on your PC or help protect your data with enhanced BitLocker security? Get Windows 7 Ultimate.
Easy to connectWireless setup
With Windows 7, setting up wireless connections is easier with consistent, one-click connections to available networks, whether those networks are based on Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, dial-up, or corporate VPN.
Connect Windows 7 PCs on a home network in just four clicks and easily get to the photos, music, and files on each one--even share printers--with HomeGroup.
Easy to browse the web
Internet Explorer 8
Visual search helps you quickly find the information you want by adding visual cues and previews to search results from top search providers including Live Search, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Amazon, and others.
Internet Explorer 8
Use Web slices to conveniently keep up with changes on frequently updated websites, like eBay auctions or traffic sites, directly from the IE8 toolbar.
Easy to communicate and share
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Photo Gallery makes share your photos to your favorite photo site easy.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail makes managing multiple email accounts easy.
Windows Live Family Safety
Keep your child safe by managing what sites they can visit and who they can send/receive emails and im communications from.
Note: Windows Live components need to be downloaded separately.
Works The Way You Want
Faster and More Reliable
Resume from sleep
We designed Windows 7 to help PCs sleep and resume from sleep more quickly by improving the way Windows 7 manages drivers, programs, and power.
Faster and more reliable
We reduced the amount of memory your PC needs for open windows and to execute commands to help it be more responsive to commands.
Fewer clicks and less interruptions
Makes New Things Possible
Media on your terms
Windows Media Center
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center.
Windows Media Center
Watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
DirectX 11 technology delivers breathtaking game graphics so real, it's unreal.
New ways to engage
Windows Touch makes PCs with touch screens easier and more intuitive to use.
Media on your terms
Windows Media Player
More and more consumer electronics, from TVs to digital photo frames, can be connected to home networks. With Play To in Windows 7, you'll be able to easily send music, photos, videos from your PC to a networked device throughout your home.
You can enjoy the photos, music, and videos on your home PC when you're away from home with remote media streaming.
Location Aware Printing
Windows 7 will automatically pick the right printer for you when you move from home to work networks.
Work anywhere with less effort.
- Get connected in three clicks wherever there's a wireless network connection.
- Keep documents on your PC and on network servers in sync automatically.
- Your PC will automatically use the printer you prefer for whatever network you're on.
- Simplify making presentations special settings that keep your PC from sleeping and turn off messages, notifications, and screen savers.
- Instantly locate virtually any file, email, or document on your PC just by typing a word or two.
- Get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar.
- Open programs you use regularly in one click and files you use regularly in just two.
- Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
- Manage multiple email accounts, including Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo! Mail Plus, all in one place with one simple program.
- Get to the files, photos, and music on any PC with Windows 7 in the house from any other.
- Print to any printer in the house from any PC with Windows 7 in the house.
Safeguard your hard work.
- Advanced Backup and Restore makes it easier to keep your work safely backed up to external or network drives and accessible if you need it.
- File encryption helps keep proprietary and confidential information on a PC secure if it is lost or stolen.
- Preserve your investment in programs designed for Windows XP with Windows XP Mode.
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 helps keep your PC safer from malware and you safer from fraudulent websites designed to fool you into divulging private information.
- Easily add your PC to a secured, managed, network with domain join capabilities.
- Group policy controls help administrators more easily and effectively manage the security and configuration of multiple PCs.
Choose the Windows 7 Edition That Is Best For You
|Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.|| |
|Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often.|| |
|Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8.|| |
|Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC.|| |
|Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup.|| |
|Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.|
|Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.|
|In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network.|
|Help protect data on your PC and portable storage devices against loss or theft with BitLocker.|
|Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages.|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Overall, I'm a Mac guy, but I won't get into that. If you need Windows, I like this better than Windows 8. It's good enough, but you'll want to pick up some antivirus software, too. If you're not a gamer and don't have specific Windows-only software you need to run (there's often a decent alternative, too) I would consider checking out Macs. For the average person, the simplicity is nice. They're not ALL that different, either. Basically, Windows Vista and Windows 7 were attempts at emulating Mac OS X (at least is looks that way) so if you like the feel of Vista and 7, you'd probably like Mac OS X just fine.
Just my opinion.
I mostly use it for Adobe CS4 software since I don't have the Mac version yet and also learn about Windows 7 to train other people to use it or Troubleshoot problems they may have. I did encounter installing some of the Adobe CS4 programs from the DVD's.
My over all impression of Windows 7 is very good, but find things in different places or renamed differently then in Windows XP of which I am used to since 2002. The user interface has a more glass look to the windows that pop up due to the Aero interface. Start button is in the same location as before, along with Taskbar.
I have been using Win 7 pro for about a month now, I have installed and reinstalled it 4x just to see if there is any problem, so far it is stable and fast, I also tweaked the registry, and there are a few things that I miss with XP, full control of icons, and thumbnails features on folders.. I like the flip3d on 7, I think to really appreciate it a little more than the Xp is to use the Virtual XP, only then you can compare the esthetic between the 2 OS,I do understand it is not a direct comparison, simply because Virtual XP is not a full Operating system running by itself but it is fast switch between two stages. I do not have problems with the apps that I run on XP, haven't encountered any compatibilty issues, of course I had to download 64 bits patches which is expected. I cannot find any negative issues just yet. Also on my final install, I have eliminated the Virtual XP mode since I really do not need it now... If you are skeptical about moving from XP to Win 7 because of older hardware, then stick with XP, because it has proven itself reliable.I could add more about new features, but I think that is well covered up by others already...