From the Manufacturer
Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product offerings.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard provides organizations with the ability to deliver rich web-based experiences efficiently and effectively, with improved administration and diagnostics, advanced development and application tools, and lower infrastructure costs.
- Offers innovative features for virtualization, power savings, and manageability
- Features powerful tools to give you greater control over your servers and streamline configuration and management tasks
- Builds on the award-winning foundation of Windows Server 2008, expanding existing technology and adding new features to enable IT professionals to increase the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures
- Powerful tools such as Internet Information Services (IIS) version 7.5, updated Server Manager and Hyper-V platforms, and Windows PowerShell version 2.0 combine to give customers greater control, increased efficiency, and the ability to react to front-line business needs faster than ever before
- Provides more cost-effective and reliable support for mission-critical workloads
- Makes it easier for mobile workers to access company resources
- Enhanced security features work to harden the operating system to help protect your data and network, while providing a solid, highly dependable foundation for your business
- New virtualization tools, web resources, management enhancements, and exciting Windows 7 integration help save time, reduce costs, and provide a platform for a dynamic and efficiently managed data center