Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - White" and save 12% off the $39.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - White
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BlueTrack Technology - Works on virtually any surface including granite countertops, carpets, and wood tables
- Nano Transceiver - Leave plugged in when you’re on the go, or stow in mouse
- 4-way scrolling and 4 customizable buttons - Additional advanced features with included software
- Includes video effectsUp to 10 months’ battery life - Battery status indicator lets you know when your battery is running low
- 3-year limited hardware warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Sporty style ready to go
Carry this compact and sporty wireless mouse, and use it just about anywhere. Relaxing on the couch or giving a boardroom presentation? Roam up to 15 feet away, and retain reliable wireless control of your computer.
Snap-in nano transceiver
When it’s time to pack up and go, you’ll hardly notice the tiny transceiver. Keep it plugged into your computer’s USB port, or tuck it into the underside of the mouse for travel. When stowed, the transceiver turns off the mouse to conserve battery life. The Nano Transceiver is so small that it sticks out less than a centimeter from the USB port and can easily remain plugged into the computer when traveling.
Designed for comfort in either hand
Ambidextrous design and cross-hatched rubber side grips provide comfort and durability anywhere it’s used.
Take advantage of BlueTrack Technology, which combines the power of optical with the precision of laser for remarkable tracking on virtually any surface.
|Interface||USB 2.0 Compatible|
|Transceiver version||Microsoft Nano Transceiver v1.0|
|Operating systems||Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / RT 8.1 / RT 8 / Windows 7, and Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 10 phone, Macintosh Mac OS X v10.7 - 10.10, Android 3.2 – 5.0|
|Wireless range||15 feet (5 meters) typical. Note: RF range is affected by many factors, such as nearby metallic objects and relative positioning of the mouse and receiver.|
|Wireless frequency||2.4 GHz frequency range|
|Battery type and quantity||1 AA alkaline battery (included)|
|Battery life||Up to 10 months|
|Legal Disclaimers||*BlueTrack Technology does not work on clear glass or mirrored surfaces.|
|Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse||Sculpt Comfort Mouse||Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse||Designer Bluetooth Mouse||Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 4000|
|Overview||Ultra portable tablet companion||Navigate Windows with comfort||Streamlined curves maximize comfort||Stylish, ultra-thin profile||Sporty style ready to go|
|Tracking technology||BlueTrack Technology||BlueTrack Technology||BlueTrack Technology||BlueTrack Technology||Optical|
|Right-handed or ambidextrous||Ambi||Right||Right||Ambi||Ambi|
|Battery Life (mos)||Up to 6||Up to 10||Up to 12||Up to 6||Up to 10|
Wireless BlueTrack Notebook Mouse with Nano Receiver - PC USB
Top Customer Reviews
1. Alkaline batteries last for months.
3. Tracking: The Bluetrack tracking light does not get interrupted by dog hair or mouse pad dirt. I don't have to clean it, unlike my old Logitech Mouseman Optical's tracking light.
1. I have occasional trouble with the strength of signal between the transmitter in the mouse and the USB receiver, causing the mouse to lag.
2. Scrolling: I use Windows full-screen scroll, but the mouse either goes through web pages too slow and Word documents too fast, so I usually end up using the scroll bars.
3. Separate USB dongles required for each mouse. It takes up 2 USB ports because I do not carry the mouse back and forth to work and home. The Logitech keyboard I use can handle multiple keyboards with the same USB dongle.
4. Do not lose the USB dongle. It is matched with the mouse and cannot be replaced. You will have to buy the combo again.
* works on almost any surface (blankets, pillows, carpets, tables of course, etc.)
* smooth scrolling (no clicks when you scroll up and down)
* customizable buttons and scroll speed once you download the software online
* works from a good distance. I can surf from across the room but what's the point? You won't see the screen anyway lol
* USB slot under mouse for storage
* USB sticks out of my laptop (HP Envy) about 1/4 inch. No biggie but I take it out before putting the laptop in my bag for safety purposes
* aesthetically pleasing
* I was uncomfortable with the size at first; I've been using Logitech M310 for the longest time. You get used to it though.
* I thought the click is a bit loud, maybe because it's sharp/deep. I've tried other mice with subtle clicks but it's because the clicks are more shallow. Doesn't really bother me though.
Overall a great mouse for everyday use and traveling purposes! It's just a mouse so I'm not picky. No complaints.
This mouse includes the "page-back" button for easy browsing and the scrolling wheel can be set for scrolling up and down pages from a single line at a time through a whole page at a time.
These mice can generally take a drop onto a hard surface from four feet high without breaking, though the battery compartment top will fly off and the batteries go rolling. Highly recommended.
BTW - To customize the buttons in all ways possible, see: www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-mobile-mouse-4000-limited-edition for the official MicroSoft Mouse Suite download. I have used this package with XP, Vista, Windows 7 Premium and Ultimate, Windows 8 and 8.1 in both 32 and 64 bit versions.
Want a mouse which is larger and includes a page-forward button? I bought the larger Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 for myself which is too large for many feminine hands and includes the "page-forward" button on the right-hand side, which this reviewed (Mobile Mouse 4000) mouse does not.
1. This mouse is small. It measures 4" by 2.5". Fine for a notebook, maybe, but not for a desktop.
2. The connectivity is not Bluetooth and it does not appear to be compatible with any of my other 5 wireless/bluetooth keyboards. So if you are using this with a wireless keyboard, be prepared to need two USB ports.
3. It only has one side button. I was expecting a side button on each side, like many other MS mice, based on the claim in item 4.
4. It is NOT ambidextrous unless your pinky is shaped like a thumb. I use the extra buttons...excuse me, button and it is on the left.
5. The packaging is designed in such a way that you can't get the mouse out without destroying the package. So much for returning it.
So it looks like this unit is going to end up in my bottomless drawer of misfit computer components.
Amazon and Microsoft could have done a much better job of describing this. For example, the dimensions should be listed for ALL mice and keyboards. The number and location of buttons wold also be helpful.
Lastly, for some reason, I have 4 different Microsoft wireless mice and keyboards and NONE of them, even the Bluetooth units, are interchangeable using the same dongle. That's just stupid and it guarantees that you have to throw away the keyboard when your mouse fails, which, of course, is Microsoft's plan.